amaracersThe motorcycle-racing world is mourning the loss of two promising young stars. Both died separate races this past weekend during the Santa Rosa Mile at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds.

Twenty-year-old Charlotte Kainz died Sunday from injuries shortly after colliding with another racer who has only minor injuries. Kainz was a rising star who had just won her first event earlier this year. 17-year old Kyle McGrane of Pennsylvania died Monday from injuries suffered during his crash on Sunday.

AMA Pro Flat Track has set up a memorial fund for and Kainz and McGrane.

14 Responses to “Two Young Racers Killed During Last Weekend AMA Pro Flat Race At Sonoma County Fairgrounds”

1. 1 richards Sep 29th, 2016 at 9:26 am

Very SAD….sympathies to their families and friends…So sorry.

2. 2 Highrider Sep 29th, 2016 at 12:47 pm

These kids are too young and caught up in the hype of this sport. I am guessing their Alpha Male Fathers are just ecstatic now!!

Needless loss of life so young!

3. 3 Chris Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Hardly the place or time to be condemning these kids or their fathers.

Classless.

4. 4 Knucklehead Sep 29th, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Prayers to family and friends

5. 5 evo80 Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:02 pm

I love flat track racing I live 90 miles from Springfield IL.But that track was dangerous for the speed these riders are going.The dust in the pack was terrible.I take my hat off to these young people who will risk their lives for a sport they love.They will be missed greatly by everyone that loves the sport.I hope their family and friends find peace but it will take time to heal and god bless them.

6. 6 Boots Sep 29th, 2016 at 7:37 pm

A huge loss for both families! Prayers for the family and friends of these two racers!!

7. 7 Stan Sep 29th, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Was this track properly prepped. I would like to hear from some who participated. Prayers for the family and friends

8. 8 Dale Sep 30th, 2016 at 7:35 am

RIP, prayers to the families and friends.

9. 9 Matt W. Sep 30th, 2016 at 8:05 am

Tragic =(

10. 10 Gym Sep 30th, 2016 at 11:06 am

It’s hard to find the silver lining regarding this story of lost lives. Platitudes fail to fill the gaps or explain the what if’s. Let’s just hope that somehow there will be measure made to improve safety so we’ll never have to read about lives lost in their prime. Condolences to their families and loved ones.

11. 11 Hardhat Sep 30th, 2016 at 12:01 pm

I have eight children and I can’t imagine losing one. Stories like this rip my heart out. The photo of these two youngsters are breathtaking, and the realization they are no longer with us…heart wrenching! I’ll pray for peace for their family and friends and that they can all be warmed by the valued memories they co-created. May all those who have lost a loved one find peace and may they find the strength to embrace the memories they created and allow these memories to warm their hearts during difficult times and beyond, amen.

12. 12 Hillbilly Jim Sep 30th, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Tragic loss. I feel the pain of the parents and family. God speed.

13. 13 Steve Berg Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:58 am

Our sincerest condolences to all.

14. 14 nicker Oct 3rd, 2016 at 11:44 pm

In racing and safety are difficult to reconcile under the best of situations.
    This is very tragic, but there is no blame to assign, it simply is racing, it is what it is.
    Those who say otherwise know nothing.
    Condolences to both families.

-nicker-