Annual V-Twin Expo By Easyriders Is Cancelled

With a first edition in February 2000 in Cincinnati, the V-Twin Expo by Esyriders was an annual trade show dedicated and reserved to all professionals of the V-Twin industry. Held at the Duke Energy Center, vendors were showing their new aftermarket parts and accessories to opinion leaders, journalists, distributors and motorcycle dealers while many seminars were held on the topics of the day.

When the big economic recession hit In 2008 the trade show began to struggle with each year less vendors participating and less dealers visiting it. Manufacturers tight marketing budgets, expensive exhibitor booths and cheap competition from internet letting vendors announce and explain their new products all year long accelerated the demise of the V-Twin Expo by Easyriders, one of the Assets of Paisano Publications LLC. Since April, owner of Paisano Joe Teresi is looking for a buyer of  all the Group assets, including magazines Easyriders, In The Wind, Road Iron, Wrench, Tattoo and Easyriders outdoor events.

27 Responses to “Annual V-Twin Expo By Easyriders Is Cancelled”

1. 1 James just another crazy kiwi Oct 1st, 2017 at 6:48 pm

I have many copies of Easy Rider magazines ,tucked away in boxes and interesting to look back at. Claims stating “read by more inmates than any other MC magazine” are funny but were serious at the time. Nazi regalia and “pipe” advertisments were abundant.

Then the Billet Queen , movie star ,look at me trends started.People that had ridden all their lives were glad to see the back of it when it finaly disapeared.The back yard builder and small shops were where they should be, at the top again.
    I think allot of Bike people saw the Easy Riders pandering to the look at me crowd as a snub.
    The print media industry is struggling though the niche old school Mags will survive

And the beat goes on.

2. 2 Tommy Halfway Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Should have been shut down 10 years ago. All vendors I know said to me that they lost money exhibiting at the Expo.

3. 3 Herbert Hunt Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:02 pm

The surprise is that it was not shut down sooner.

4. 4 Don Helmsley Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:05 pm

All vendors understood that it was a show to benefit Easyriders magazine and its advertisers. Easyriders kaput too?

5. 5 Henry Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:08 pm

It was the best trade show to meet with friends at night time and lose money all day on the show floor.

6. 6 Ray Cubic2 Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Out of 17 years, the show was a losing proposition during about 12 years.

7. 7 P. Hamilton Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:19 pm

No MC print mags will survive. Easyriders is like the V-Twin Expo a few years ago. Now for sale because dying. Too late. Bikers want instant news and good bikes are sent to digital mags by builders who want instant gratification.

8. 8 Danny Stanford Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Some continue to not understand that the world has changed forever…

9. 9 Josh Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Easyriders the most read mag in prisons. No more since 3 decades. Inmates are now too young and not interested by bikes.

10. 10 Dylan Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:30 pm

It’s good news for the AIMExpo in Columbus.

11. 11 John Edward Royal Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:58 pm

Thank you for the pleasure, innovation Easyrider was my go to since day one I graduated from A.M.I. in “95 because of the many publications first in class of that cycle.. What fit what was my most dog eared reference I so miss the old school crew, Hey I rebuilt a triumph under kurt’s tutelage through 25 weeks of Harley tech school. lost all those contacts long ago. this was one of the places I wanted to go.

12. 12 calif Phil Oct 2nd, 2017 at 7:42 am

I always enjoyed my time at the V twin Expo. It’s a shame to see it die.

13. 13 Hdrider Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:20 am

I hope that AIM expo can pick up ths slack. There wasn’t much at all for the American V-Twin rider at this years AIM expo in Columbus.

14. 14 steveb Oct 2nd, 2017 at 9:13 am

It’s a shame when an “industry” allows an independent publisher or outside entity (like AIMExpo) to dictate the nature of “their” yearly trade show/ get together.

When the VTwin herd becomes a recognized industry: with attributes such as paid dues, a yearly show that presents constituents well, a governing body, standards of business behavior etc.. then the group might turn into something meaningful that can pull itself up out of the doldrums, educate consumers and legislators…and better support the aftermarket.

I contend there is no VTwin industry, per se – and that’s been one of the problems all along. There is no codified trade group, none of the companies in the group pay dues, there is no “marketing or communications strategy for the industry”, there is no yearly trade show opportunity put on by an association of dues-paying camera

The industry is a bunch of independent, disconnected Co’s that make things for the same consumer base, that’s all…. The VTwin business needs to become an industry – and quickly too.

15. 15 Chuck C. Oct 2nd, 2017 at 9:54 am

it will be a great loss and will be missed after it is to late to get it back.
    tons of information, meet great people, find out about new products. it will be missed

16. 16 D. Sanfield Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:18 am

These people at V-Twin Expo were somewhat arrogant thinking nobody could do business without them.

17. 17 BD Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:32 am

Way too bad…..Another nail in the coffin of the after market HD industry. None of the others compare or even come close….

18. 18 W RUCKER Oct 2nd, 2017 at 11:41 am

The V Twin Show was always good for us both at American IronHorse and Rucker Performance it gave us time to sit down and meet face to face with many of our dealers, suppliers, and industry friends.

We made many good contacts in the industry and always had a place to see many fine products new to the industry.

I also want to thank Joe, Jim, Grady and the many others that have been involved in the VTwin- EasyRiders group that helped us through out the years of our friendship and business relationships

Thanks for your Support, God Bless

BR

19. 19 John S Oct 2nd, 2017 at 11:58 am

The EXPO was a good event, it catered to a our V-twin segment of the motorcycle industry. The AIM show has such a large footprint, that we shall get lost in its rush to be all things to all companies, just as the other motorcycle trade shows have done over the past two decades.

20. 20 takehikes Oct 2nd, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Magazine publishing isn’t dead but it is for sure not the same. Lots of weeding out taking place and most of the weekend Billy Bad Asses riding around town wouldn’t read Easyriders on a bet.
    I was there and part of it back in the day and frankly I’m horrified and a lot of what motorcycling has become but so be it. Its not much about the bikes and working on them yourself.

21. 21 Xenu Oct 2nd, 2017 at 5:32 pm

I read Easyriders for laughs when it started.
    Miraculous Mother’s correspondance was a real literary pinnacle.

22. 22 rebel Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:35 pm

The show had it’s following because the annual Cincinnati dealer show moved to Indianapolis which included everything with an engine, and I mean everything! which created a market for an all Vtwin show. The scooter/dirtbike/snowmobile/chainsaw show has nothing to offer for Vtwin dealers, it’s Vtwin and dealer only or nothing at all.

23. 23 bigalyts Oct 3rd, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Welcome to the Internet hurting another Trade, but it does help make meny People that are good with key Strokes very wealthy. The Guys that are ave amazing Hands and are so talented are left trying to catch up. Sometimes you can find a combination of the Two and we get a Guy like Cyril. Thanks for that!

24. 24 D. Sanfield Oct 3rd, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Bigalytst. So, you think Cyril Huze got wealthy thanks to his news website?

25. 25 Cris Sommer-Simmons Oct 3rd, 2017 at 3:36 pm

I thought the AIMExpo was a good show. Something for everyone is what I saw. I think it should be moved to Feb., September weather is nice enough that most dealerships are still busy and can’t send their people. Winter time makes more sense. Just sayin’

26. 26 Blackmax Oct 9th, 2017 at 9:09 am

Tis a very SAD day for me !!
    Say what you want about this show, no it was not the biggest or the best
    & like print media and other things doomed to die because of the internet !!!!
    But for the 10 years I was involved it was the BEST experiencing I’ve ever had with the industry.
    And because of it, i met and became acquainted with people that I could only read & dream about !!
    All 3 generations of the Ness family, Dave & Jodi Periwitz ,Donnie Smith and other builders.
    The editors of Easyriders, Hot Bike, and American Bagger that took an interest and encouraged a local upstart that knew nothing about moto-journalism.
    ( By the way, yes, I even interviewed Cyril there, once !!!!)
    The companies from Saddlemen, Mustang, RC Components, Reinhardt, Vance & Hines, Kuryakyn, Baker Drivetrain, Barnett, Bad Dad, Spectrol & countless other who took precious bits of their time to speak with us and pass infomation along.
    So I will miss the V-Twin, but, I will carry on to try to cover as much as I can, when & wherever I can ..

27. 27 1550tc Oct 9th, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Pros and cons are all valid.

After 08 you just knew it was never going to come back

great expensive weekend to meet up with your friends

sturgis is way better and cheaper and wayway warmer

ANOTHER KILLER no one mentioned is the drag show in Aug

Its the real place where new products are first shown in so many cases!!