Outrageous Bike Seen During Biketoberfest

Have you ever seen a bike with 2 (yes I say two) 121” TP engines, one on the right, one on the left running in reverse, boosted by Garrett T-25 t turbo with 9 psi. of boost, equipped with a 310 front tire and a 360 rear one? If yes, you must have visited, like me, the bike shows of Biketoberfest. It’s not my style, but I still admire builders who are able to create (and finance) such fancy custom machines It was a crowd favorite in Daytona and it won a bunch of 1st place trophies. By the way, the builder is Mike Beland, and he told me he was preparing something even more outrageous. Oh, my god! You can see his creations at A1Cycles.

12 Responses to “Outrageous Bike Seen During Biketoberfest”

1. 1 joline Oct 29th, 2006 at 5:22 pm

very unique but not very practical?

2. 2 mike beland Oct 30th, 2006 at 10:23 am

its not very pratical but you are missing the design and engineering aspect, a honda goldwing is not pratical for drag racing as a nitro harley is not suited to long distance touring, this motorcycle fills a pratical need of being notice by people who understand engineering and design like mr. huze. and the people who awarded it many first place trophies at the recent show, thanks for listening and good luck, and thank you cyril for posting my bike on your site its an honor.

3. 3 Bassman Oct 30th, 2006 at 12:49 pm

Custom show bikes are rarely about being practical! They are all about creating beauty and art, and art doesn’t need to be practical to be worthwhile. Although, when art is interactive and truly functional, I think it adds to the beauty. It’s also about pushing the limits of what we can do with the tools and materials we have at hand – think about what the motion picture industry has done to advance, refine, and make use of technologies! While racing certainly is a huge driving force behind advancing technology and design, there are rules that constrain what you can and cannot do. Art has few, if any rules, and of those rules those that cannot be broken can almost certainly be bent.
    Do we really need a bike with a pair of v-twins? At times, they have been useful. Do we really need a bike with a 310 front tire? Not today, perhaps, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. Practicality and functionality aside, this is a cool bike for no other reason than it proves it can be done. And it’s even cooler for having been done well.

4. 4 Snake Alley Customs Oct 30th, 2006 at 1:18 pm

Mike…..”forgetaboutit” too cool, right up our alley!

5. 5 mike beland Oct 30th, 2006 at 1:22 pm

it really makes me feel good that the builders get it, judged by my peers makes me feel good about what i do. thank you all

6. 6 big blue Oct 30th, 2006 at 2:09 pm

well this should be the end all for dyno sheet braging rights at cruise night ….130 horsepower in your fatboy !!! ohh thats nice……..

7. 7 mike beland Oct 30th, 2006 at 2:10 pm

thank you for sharing my bike with your customers and friends around the world it means so much to me that somebody in your position would give me a chance to be seen around the world, thank you for inspiring me and also taking the time to say i did a good job. anything i can do for you please let me know..by the way i am hoping to touch 400h.p.

8. 8 Dmitry Khitrov Oct 31st, 2006 at 8:34 pm

I think there are two main ways to build a custom everybody will talk about. First is to make it classical (more or less), but it will work only if you’re first man in industry and if the bike is pure perfection. 2-nd is to make something different and unusual. You’ve made a great different piece of art!
    Mike is it possible to talk to you about making article in my on-line mag? If it’s OK please write me info@ruriders.com
    PS: Thanks to Cyril Huze, my favourite builder for this blog, it was a good idea to make it!

9. 9 Boyce Curry Nov 16th, 2006 at 6:03 pm

I just want to ride it, only a couple of miles
    1/4 mile at a time!!!

Bad Ass Mike!!
    Thanks Cyril!!

10. 10 The Rat's Hole Custom Bike Shows Nov 17th, 2006 at 4:20 pm

We are happy to say that Mike’s bike Won First Place in the Most Unusual Class during Biketoberfest. The bike is a work of Art and Yes, it does run! It has to run to be in our show. Ted Smith was so impressed with Mike’s work that he has Mike working on the next Cheese Hauler that will be introduced at the Rat’s Hole Bike Show March 10th in Daytona Beach. More info at http://www.ratshole.com

11. 11 marc Nov 17th, 2006 at 4:55 pm

I thought that it was outrageous and very well done. Congrats Mike

12. 12 JOHN MILLER Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:00 am

you could be the bestr in the world at this, ya you are man