Harley-Davidson Night Rod Special Sells for $800,000

This evening, I really wonder if I should move my custom building business to Quatar, this small Arab Emirate in the Middle East. The reason? During a star-studded fundraising dinner in the city of Doha, a VRSCDX Night Rod Special, became one of the most expensive of its kind when it fetched a staggering $800,000. The event was to raise money to help UNESCO promote education and community programs across Asia. The new owner of the $800,000 Harley-Davidson Nigh Rod Special is the Prince of Quatar. I checked my Blog subscribers list and the Prince email is not there. How do I get it? I really need Royal attention. If the Prince is such an enthusiast for factory motorcycles, I wonder how much he would bid for one of my customs. By the way, the price he paid is still $100 short of the highest amount ever spent on a Harley, a Road King auctioned by Jay Leno on the Tonight Show to raise money for the victims of the 2004 Asian Tsunami disaster. My decision is taken. My next article will be posted from Qatar.

7 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Night Rod Special Sells for $800,000”

1. 1 Marc Frantz Nov 18th, 2006 at 5:16 pm

Holy Cow!

I should have never given those pictures of my prototype to Willie G. Just go to http://www.marcfrantz.com and you’ll see what I mean.

I agree with Cyril. Quatar Custom Choppers. Sounds good!

2. 2 Cyril Huze Nov 18th, 2006 at 9:18 pm

Marc, I think I know how you must feel….

3. 3 mike beland Nov 20th, 2006 at 3:19 pm

cyril you buy the tickets lets go look at some property and set up shop in qatar, been there before but observed it through a rifle sight would be nice to go back and see it in civilian clothes. this markets drying up lets go united arab emerites (u.a.e.) no taxes and plenty of guys looking for gold dipped choppers.

4. 4 Marc Frantz Nov 22nd, 2006 at 6:21 pm

Thank You Cyril!

You have always been my inspiration.

Always a true gentleman, I can only hope to be half as talented as you my friend.

I’ve been working on another bike, which will be finished in the next week or so. It is my tribute to the inspiration you have given me over the years with your beautiful pieces of rolling art.

When finished, I want you to be the first one to see it.

As soon as I figure out those buttons on those OMP controls, she will be ready for her debut.

Kind Regards,

5. 5 Cyril Huze Nov 22nd, 2006 at 6:34 pm

Thanks a lot Marc. Waiting for the pictures of your baby. Happy Thanksgiving.

6. 6 Farid Feb 27th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Hey Marc… The second i saw the V-Rod for $800,000 I thought of your blacked-out V-Rods. I still can’t believe you gave the idea to Wille G. and you did not even get a postcard!

Someone should go to UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman or Saudi Arabia and start a business in that area, where the riches people on earth lives!

7. 7 Crystal Davis May 6th, 2008 at 12:40 am

Cyril, Cyril, Cyril… forget about the Prince of Quatar. I hear that there is a motorcycle enthusiast, by the name of John O’ Quinn, who paid $1,000,000 for a Harley Davidson. Waste Management auctioned the Road King, from the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno on December 10, 2005. All proceeds were contributed to the victims of Hurricane Katrina and Rita. Houston is a lot closer than Quatar…

Is $1,000,000 the most ever spent on a Harley?