Who Can Build The Best Chopper?

Me, of course!?!? But I am not in the competition. For the cameras of the TV show American Chopper, Paul Senior competes with Paul Junior and you can vote to decide the winner of this new family feud. But you will have to travel to Fort-Lauderdale, Florida where both bikes & both Teutuls will be present, waiting nervously for your vote. Huh…it’s not quite true. Of course, they don’t care about who wins, but are anxious to show you their new line of OCC production motorcycles (this, I want to see). It’s going to happen saturday January 6th (voting starting at 10 AM) at the location of Orange County Choppers of South Florida, the nation’s first authorized OCC dealership (2608 South Federal Highway, Fort-Lauderdale, FL 33316). They tell me that there will be a big block party with bands, fine cigars smoking at "Stix Cigar Lounge", and I am sure a lot of OCC apparel & accessories that you can buy  (if you want to be able to to get an autograph). For more info, you can email to Aimee Sullivan at info@bourgetsflorida.com.     .    .

15 Responses to “Who Can Build The Best Chopper?”

1. 1 joed Jan 4th, 2007 at 6:14 pm

Not neither one of those jerks??

2. 2 Eric K. Olson Jan 4th, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Honestly I don’t think they put together very good looking bikes. Their production bikes look better than most of their “theme” (Scream, Yikes!) bikes and the production bikes are just that, production bikes.
    This is a prime example of two guys who have no real sense of design or art and they slap parts together. Of all the bikes that I’ve seen on the show, which is not all of them, the two that stand out as somewhat decent are the Snap-On bike, minus those God awful chrome wrenches on the down tubes and the Sunoco bike. Other than that, the theme bikes have no overall continuity to them. Even with the Sunoco bike, they just took an old Jesse James design and put it to that project. They have some good ideas as a base but just because you can easily cut a piece of metal with the water jet cutter doesn’t mean that it should be chromed and put on the bike. When you watch the show its like they sketch out an idea, hand it off to be cut, then go, “Hey that looks pretty good!” Put some thought into it, the whole idea of build a bike in 3 days I mean come on, the design is going to suffer if you just rush through something like that. They are not doing anything different than the average Joe on the street would do if he had the same equipment and people to help out. Actually there is an idea OCC, take 5 of your fans, put them in the shop and let them design and direct fabrication on a bike. I bet the bikes would look no better or worse than the average Paulie Jr. bike.

3. 3 Doc Chopper Jan 4th, 2007 at 9:24 pm

My humble opinion is that they could each build a kick ass bike and that it’s just a matter of taste. They both have the knowledge and access to materials. We know both bikes will function, so it’s just a matter of style.

4. 4 Gene Slater Jan 5th, 2007 at 12:59 am

You know what i think?? I think faceless Critics such as ‘JOED’ have no business stating an opinion like that. I am guessing that he has nothing but their TV persona to base his opinion upon. And secondly ‘not neither’ is a double negative so i guess that leaves a positive, so both of them can…. Huh??? So… put up or shut up.. Oh by the way.. you could have said ‘not either’ and that would have been correct!!! Then I would have only picked upon you about being a gutless faceless no talent critic..

5. 5 DJ Chopper God Jan 5th, 2007 at 3:11 pm

Senior and his old school style all the way. He’s made some pretty kool bikes. The David Mann bike comes to mind.

6. 6 Bob FXR Jan 7th, 2007 at 4:52 pm

Are we going to know who won? Hey, Cyril. Tell us. You know everything in this business.

7. 7 Mike Odom Jan 9th, 2007 at 4:15 pm

JR won

8. 8 DJ Chopper God Jan 9th, 2007 at 11:45 pm

Damn that Jr. Sr’s got idearzzzzz!!!

9. 9 sandie Feb 1st, 2007 at 9:38 pm

I like Sr’s the best. Cyril, I would have voted for anything you built over both Paul Sr. and Paulie. Wasn’t that something how the gas tank on Paul Sr’s was beat by a hammmer??? NOT FUNNY, and if a joke a very bad one. Lucky that Paul Sr. had another gas tank to put on right away. You have to wonder if that was part of the show?

10. 10 Cyril Huze Feb 1st, 2007 at 10:10 pm

Part of the show? Probably. I will see them this weekend in Cincinnati at the V-Twin Expo. I can ask them.

11. 11 C.C. Ryder Feb 1st, 2007 at 10:31 pm

Ask Davis Love about that thing OCC built for him. It spends a lot of time in a shop around here. Looks ain’t anything if the damn thing won’t keep running. I like Cyril’s bikes, Billy Lane’s bikes, Bill Dodge’s bikes, Eric Gorges’ bikes, Dodson’s(Gangster) bikes, and several more. Most of all, for me, I like mine the best. If you build what you ride, you know what i’m talking about.

12. 12 sandie Feb 1st, 2007 at 11:51 pm

I can’t wait to hear the answer on the beat up gas tank being part of the show. If Paulie did it or Mikie……they both need to be grounded or maybe even spanked!!!! Have a good time at the show. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back. Pack warm clothes. My Aunt said it is “COLD”….but no “SNOW”.

13. 13 Canada Feb 19th, 2008 at 4:06 pm

great showman , not great bike builders , great bike kits that is all , sorta like the big bear , same thing fit and finish isn’t there or durability to keep running .
    a fact !

14. 14 Canada Feb 19th, 2008 at 4:09 pm

some people will be caught into buying there bikes just due to the TV show , will they be happy or maybe it so they can say they have a occ bike , it would be greater to have a jesse James bike before any other, for a production custom i would look at Pro -One , Saxon or a Bourget if you want to spend the money , for all around customer satisfaction i would stick with the first two picks.

15. 15 Arlene the Biker Queen Aug 10th, 2009 at 10:14 am

Hi Cyril,
    In your opinion who are the top 20 chopper customizers in the world? Arlen, Carl Hanlon and you of course, we need the other 17 for a knock-out design!
    Love & kisses