Reserve Now Your 2008 Indian Chief

The new Indian Motorcycle Company wants you to reserve the new 2008 Indian Chief. It will cost you only $1,000 to get on the waiting list. But as of today no information is officially released about how the bike will look, its features, performance and of course price. But don’t worry. I read for you the contract of reservation and you don’t take much risk reserving one. Your deposit will go in an escrow account and is 100% refundable or transferable to another person if you would not want to proceed with your purchase. Indian Motorcycle (IMC) reserves the right to set MSRP and Chief specifications which may be amended from time to time without notice. You can fill out online the reservation contract and even pay your $1000 deposit with a credit card.

21 Responses to “Reserve Now Your 2008 Indian Chief”

1. 1 Charlie Lecach Apr 16th, 2007 at 10:19 am

Another hopeless try to make money with a famous name ?
    Indian 1901-1953 R.I.P !

2. 2 Jarid Apr 16th, 2007 at 11:32 am

I agree Charlie. Chances of success? I think around 1% or 2%. The main issue for any new Indian will always be the EPA approved engine

3. 3 SoulFur Apr 16th, 2007 at 4:06 pm

If one were a betting man,
    and I’d studied their success in boating,
    though as man who thinks Indians like basketball
    only come from Springfield,
    I’d bet they’re a success.

4. 4 Eric K. Olson Apr 16th, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Hopefully they will learn from thier past failure and do it right this time.

5. 5 pablo~ Apr 16th, 2007 at 4:52 pm

I think its awsome!!! It was a waste to see a name with such History stand still, the boys from Cris will mack it happen!!!

Cant wait to see the bike line up…

6. 6 Rollin Apr 16th, 2007 at 5:11 pm

If anyone can do it, it’s Stellican. They have the resources and a proven record of success. I hope they are successful, I guess it all depends if the buying public will take a chance on them. Rollin

7. 7 Roland Apr 17th, 2007 at 5:39 pm

This is absolutely ridiculous.

What’s next? Resuscitate Tucker?

Indian is as dead as a door nail, especially when this company is playing hard to get and making half announcements. They are trolling for suckers I can see it! But since there is one born every minute…

8. 8 rodent Apr 18th, 2007 at 12:33 am

indian is as dead as Imus I’d rather wait for Excelsior Hederson to be reserrected…but some people believe the late JC is comming also.

9. 9 John Apr 18th, 2007 at 5:38 pm

Cool plan, just three years too late…..

Not gonna survive this slow-bike economy.

10. 10 The Crack Staff @ Apr 19th, 2007 at 2:03 pm

It depends. Some might argue it’s best to (re)launch a marquee during a slowdown.

11. 11 -=BigGerm=- Apr 25th, 2007 at 11:18 pm

Let an Indian Blow Your Mind. I watch ‘Busa’s drive by, I check out all the Customs, but I’ve only been stopped by an Indian Chief out on the town. I wish the streets were full of Indian Chiefs, Spirits, and Scouts.

Happy ressurection Indian MC, and J.C.

12. 12 John Apr 27th, 2007 at 2:29 pm

“It depends. Some might argue it’s best to (re)launch a marquee during a slowdown”

True…. and some might argue that it’s best to take out a $400,000 mortgage two weeks before you get laid off;

Some basis for your reasoning would be helpful…..

13. 13 matt May 2nd, 2007 at 1:46 am

Id rather have a Kiwi Indian with a 84″ flathead. A bobber Chief with leafspring front end, disc brakes, and foot shift would be the dream…

14. 14 Brad May 7th, 2007 at 3:49 am

I think Indian will do great look at our throw back cars (Mustang) its all about curb appeal and Indian has always had that!

15. 15 kevin May 8th, 2007 at 3:02 am

This is the Retro era, and people are getting bored with the same old H.D. I’ve been reading up on Stellican, if anyone can do it I believe they can, and this market is perfect.

16. 16 Bob Paris Jun 10th, 2007 at 7:21 pm

Welcome Back and Hoping and praying for your success, always loved the styling

17. 17 Devin Jul 21st, 2007 at 11:00 am

To be honest, I think it’s going to be a great undertaking. Harley has had the market for so long that it’s gonna be tough to make a comeback. On the other hand I think I think It would be pretty awesome to have both names sitting side by side in the garage don’t you think? Anyways best of luck to Indian and best of success.

18. 18 honestinjun Jul 21st, 2007 at 8:17 pm

Did you forget Harley was owned by a Bowling Ball company and Victory comes from a Snowmobile background? Not the new bike for me, but neither was a bowling ball Hardley-Abelson. It seems like alot of builders are still using the Powerplus 100 Indian engines to break up the cloned Harley look. The new HD (Harley/Ducati) might catch on too… all to soon the Aeromacci Harley is forgotten.

19. 19 nortonrider Aug 1st, 2007 at 5:55 am

Speaking of FAILED Indians, I have a flier of the “Indian Day” proclamation by Albuquerque’s mayor for the Wayne Baughman Indian! It was about 20 pages long, lots of advertisers, a list of the nationwide dealer network, and promises of the “unveiling” of the first produced motorcycle!

Thing was, he was in arrears with his machine shop, and they wouldn’t give up the engine til they got paid. So on “Indian Day”, Baughman presented a rolling Indian with all parts, except the engine was made out of WOOD! In the two pictres they show in the entire brochure, it’s OBVIOUS that the covers are not alloy or steel!

This is a historical document in the long and fractured history of Indian, and I’ll take the first $300.00 plus postage offer I receive. Otherwise, it’s going on eBay.

I’ve owned it since new, kept it in a plastic ziploc bag away from the sun, in a climate controlled area. The brochure is flawless. A MUST HAVE for Indian collectors!

You can reach me at, or call 936-552-7439. Ask for Mike. I can email pictures of the brochure. Not only did Baughman snooker all his investors, he even suckered the city and mayor of Albuquerque,NM! This brochure even has a full page letter from the mayor proclaiming “Indian Day”.

You won’t see another like this in your lifetime.

20. 20 smoothie73 Oct 18th, 2007 at 1:50 pm

The new owners Stellican will not allow the Indian name to go back to the grave…again.They have been very sucessfull with reviving the Chris Craft brand and others.Its their mission to resurect failling or failed brands and make them sucessfull.The previous resurectors of Indian spent way too much wampum too early and also didn’t have the proper engine to go with the bikes. I also remember hearing about big problems with build quality on those engines and early replacements.Only later did the proper engine get assembled but by that time their spendthrift ways caught up with them and it was bankrupt again.

21. 21 LOUIS Dec 20th, 2007 at 12:45 am