General Lee By Zeel Design

Three weeks ago I was in a show in Ontario where I met with Michael Long and Ben Marleau, the Quebec team from the shop Zeel Design that I introduced to you in this Blog a few weeks ago. They were showing 3 bikes including this ultra radical custom named "General Lee". Of course, this muscle bike is a crowd pleaser wherever it goes, but more interesting for me is that it is not a Trailer Queen. It has already been ridden 1500 miles when I saw it. Not alot, but since the bike was still immaculate when I saw it, it means that "General Lee" functions the way it was supposed to. Like all Zeel Design bikes, it is not the kind of custom that you can improvise on a lift. Michael & Ben don’t start anything without stacks of CAD renderings. The tech sheet is long and I send you to their site for details. But you must know that all body is in carbon fiber,  that the rear wheel is a juicy 360 mm, that the swingarm is single sided with internal chain drive, that the bike goes up and down via a front & rear air system from Legend. It’s really a unique piece and it can be yours if you make the right offer to the boys at Zeel Design.

7 Responses to “General Lee By Zeel Design”

1. 1 Sid Aug 17th, 2007 at 2:52 am

Bur It doesn’t look like Gen Lee in anyway except for the “01”. The shade of orange doesn’t even match. So, why “cloud” an original design with something “theme-ish” ?

2. 2 chesshirecat Aug 17th, 2007 at 10:45 am

It looks like a Jetsons cartoon. Not for me…though I am sure there are many out there who will like the fact the engine is encased in plastic…as are the forks…oh geesh…everything is in plastic. Yuck.

I’m getting too old I guess…cause this isn’t even close to my idea of what a motorcycle should look like. I like a bike that can be taken anywhere…should be able to take the corners of my town…(or any town…) should actually go somewhere without having to be wrestled into submission by the rider.

That having been said…I realize motorcycles are designed for many purposes…and what isn’t for me is for someone else. I guess someone will like it…buy it…and ride it in a straight line from here to there…while I…will ride my trusty stock bike…that will take me around the corners of my town, around the twisties of the hills and mountains I encounter as I ride cross country on roads that are NOT interstate and un-INTER-esting or by pass my Americanna sights and people.

3. 3 chesshirecat Aug 17th, 2007 at 11:12 am

I would like to also say this…
    I come to the Huze Blog because I know…it is the innovations of the new builders, designers, and visionaries who will try new things on bikes. It is not the factory…it is you guys. I am not resistant to new ideas….I look forward to seeing what new engineering ideas have hit the streets. Improving the design of the motorcycle is what keeps the industry alive.

My comments on the General Lee are skin deep. One thing I do want to say…is that I do like the idea of using carbon fiber…I just don’t like the fact the entire bike is wrapped up in it. I still like to see metal…I just like metal to show. I would like to be able to see the engine…and a few other fine metal pieces that seem to define the motorcycle to me.

4. 4 sweetlemonaid Aug 18th, 2007 at 1:09 am

It is a continuation of their design. Check the out Zeel Design’s website under the image page. Their most recent project, Phenom, Bulldog, and the Zeel Trike have innovation as a key feature. Just as SE Service is innovative with their #1 AMD winner, Zeel has the same take on innovation. They are just on the opposite ends of the pole and extremes. You have to appreciate viewing motorcyle design–original.

5. 5 Nicker Aug 18th, 2007 at 2:10 am

Cool design.
    But perhapst it would have been a more appropriate platform for an electric bike …?

Just a thought.

6. 6 jatinder pal Aug 18th, 2007 at 2:12 am

Well they build some radical designs and most of all they are bike building there are many old school guys who still like the regular design and material like metal.metal is good but not always.any way in end it is matter of taste.
    it is easy to cricisize something and as difficult to build.
    keep up the good work….ZEEL.

7. 7 Nicker Aug 20th, 2007 at 12:23 am

i see it as a way-cool, super hightech desing that makes the application of a conventional powerplant look like an after thought.

To follow through on the design theme, it needs an unconventional engine.

-IMHO- anyway….