Jesse James And His Beautiful Machines

A few years ago during a trip together to a bike show in Italy, Jesse James told me that he wanted to be the "new bad boy". It was before his first Motorcycle Mania and Monster Garage TV series. Quite a TV appearances and hard cover books later, Jesse acquired the image he wanted. He builds beautiful bikes for the love of it, and yes, for the money. Why do you think he had his back tattoeed with a giant $100 bill and one of his hands palm tattoeed with the words "Pay Up Sucker!". Yes, I can also testify that he is a wise guy and that has a cold sense of humor. We would not survive in this business without it. Right? So, this new hard cover book published on time for the holidays is as much a portrait of Jesse James as it is a photographic documentary on the process of building his bikes from the ground up. From the welding to the sandblasting, from the  polishing to the painting, from the assembling to the test riding, roaring along the Long Beach highways. Expect to see beautiful grease stained portraits by photographer Nathaniel Welch. Everything to comfort Jesse’s image as a gear head hero. Jesse James And His Beautiful Machines.

7 Responses to “Jesse James And His Beautiful Machines”

1. 1 Geno Dec 4th, 2007 at 9:33 am

Jesse who?

2. 2 GG From Mag Connection France Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:09 am

Jesse … a cool men with which i’ve a nice relationship !
    Being its first world distributor, it came several times to Europe to my sides and I can only agree on his professionalism, its honesty and its friendship. I also came on several occasions at his place and remained a few days and could see the serious one put in
    the realization as of the his machines…
    Its creativity is unbounded but always in preoccupations of quality
    and an effectiveness… Thanks to him a new tendency or rather a
    “Revival” was born with modernism and this tendency this tendency has to instigate the market these 10 last year … and nobody will complain some.
    Jesse is the visionary of this end of century equipped with a great talent and of a large humanity because it also knew helped the others builders to evolve/move and with being recognized.
    “Chopper para la vida”

3. 3 Paul Schonberg Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:45 am

Very good stuff Cyril. I enjoy reading your blog every day. It’s good looking, easy to navigate with excellent news and links. Your views and opinion as an insider are very refreshing. I just ordered Jesse’s book. Thanks for the info.

4. 4 DJ CHOPPER GOD Dec 4th, 2007 at 5:49 pm

I’m buying a copy. L.B.C. Y Que???

5. 5 Nicker Dec 5th, 2007 at 2:00 am

If its got details on the build of his radial engine scooter, that alone would be worth the price.

6. 6 Jon Richtie Dec 5th, 2007 at 5:39 pm

I just regret that he seems to build only a couple of bikes every year.

7. 7 Kyle Kirkman (The Copper) Dec 7th, 2007 at 10:36 pm

Taught me how to make pipes….I kept him out of jail…..