A Bobber And Two Women Builders To Fight Breast Cancer

Jody Perewitz of Perewitz Cycle Fabrication and Sara Liberte of RT’s North Hills Cycle are teaming up to build a Bobber motorcycle live on stage at 3 of the Northeast Motorcycle Expo shows produced by Kev-Marv Productions. Jody is the daughter of builder Dave Perewitz, Jody and has been surrounded by motorcycles her whole life. Sara Liberte and her husband have been designing and building motorcycles for the last 10 years. Sara is also the author of “How to Repair and Maintain American V-Twin Motorcycles” and a photographer who has been capturing images of motorcycles, builders, and events for years. The two female builders will be working side by side to build a Bobber to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation whose fight is to find a cure for breast cancer.   You can win the bike by buying $10.00 tickets. The motorcycle shows will be in Hartford, CT on January 5th-6th, Reading, PA on Jan 25th-27th, and Boston MA, on Feb. 9th-10th.  Stop by and watch live 2 female builders constructing in record time a bike for charity. More info at the following websites: Bikers For The Cure. North Hills Cycles. Perewitz Cycle Fabrication

12 Responses to “A Bobber And Two Women Builders To Fight Breast Cancer”

1. 1 Jena Dec 9th, 2007 at 12:27 pm

We need more women building bikes. At the same time, the statement of building a bike in one day front of the public is deceptive. Nobody can do it. At best, you can only assemble already painted parts, but not build a bike fromt the ground up.

2. 2 tehiv Dec 10th, 2007 at 12:12 pm

Hey Cyril, you got an extra “w” in the Bikers for the Cure link.

3. 3 Cyril Huze Dec 10th, 2007 at 12:33 pm

Fixed. Thanks.

4. 4 sara Dec 10th, 2007 at 2:22 pm

Hey Jena,
    you are right, your not going to build a ground up bike in one day. Just like the Biker Build Off bikes don’t get built in 10 days, you need design time, mock up, tear down and paint and lets not forget you need to take your time, measure twice, cut once and have some grace handling those expensive painted parts. Jody and I will be assembling this bike at the show, welcoming people up to get a closer look, talking about whats going on and what went into getting the bike to the point where it will be at the show. Yeah putting the bike together is cool, but more importantly generating the awarness and having a hand in to help raise some funds for Bikers For The Cure is what this build is really all about. A lot of work goes into pulling something like this off, the hours organzing what we’ll be working with, getting parts, fitting parts, taking it all back apart, loading it to the shows, lugging tools to the show etc. A lot of people are helping out all with the same goal, Bikers For the Cure.

5. 5 Jody Dec 10th, 2007 at 4:59 pm

Jena, I also agree that a bike can’t be built in one day but that doesn’t mean that we won’t be building the bike before hand. Sara and I will be designing the bike, doing a mock up, help with paint, and assembling the bike. So therefore we will building it but no it won’t be from start to finish in one day.

6. 6 Paul Brunner Dec 10th, 2007 at 6:59 pm

Curious to see how these 2 ladies are going to do it from of the public. I will show up in Hartford and if necessary I will help!

7. 7 jatinder pal Dec 11th, 2007 at 2:52 am

they are working for good cause.
    keep up the good work.

8. 8 Kevin "TEACH" Baas Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:46 am

I think that is great I have a girl in my High School Chopper class here in Bloomington, Minnesota. I will let her know about this so she can follow the story, She is custom designing and building a steel gas tank for one of our class built choppers as we speak. Check out cycle source magazine for monthly updates on the chopper class. All our bikes we are building this year 42 WLA, 47 knuck FL, a S&S powered SPS and an ironhead powered Leroy Thonpson will be on display this March at the Donnie Smith Invitational.
    Kevin “TEACH” Baas

9. 9 Cindy Erato Dec 11th, 2007 at 9:54 am

Thanks to my two friends for fighting for this cause!

10. 10 david uhl Dec 11th, 2007 at 10:45 am

I would love to see this, go go GARAGE GIRLS! would make a good painting,

11. 11 Chris Callen (Source Editor) Dec 11th, 2007 at 11:19 am

Women like Jody and Sara are underestimated in this industry. We sometimes forget where their passion comes from and lump them all into the “Girls like to ride too” category rather than realize there are a few that do this thing from the same place in their hearts as men do. For these two, I know first hand, their craft is as much driven by their day to day life with the motorcycle as anyone I know. I’ve seen Sara live this thing 110% for the nearly twelve years I’ve known her and for almost that long I’ve been calling her my little brother, cause she’s just like any of my brothers.

Much respect to both of you!

12. 12 Jody Dec 11th, 2007 at 5:33 pm

David, Lets do a painting!!!