Rock N’ Bike

The reason why I am talking about this custom bike is not because it is already getting a lot of deserved media attention (It won 2nd place at the AMD European Championship), not because the builder is French, nor because his first name is Cyril (Dachstein), but simply because I would be very happy to have build it (why custom builders never say this about other builders bikes?). "Rock N’ Bike" got very pretty racing lines with a lot of awesome details. How much time do you think it took to turn all these aluminum parts? I admit that a Sportster engine (year 91) linked to an original HD 4-speed transmission will not let you win many races, that the riding position may not be the most comfortable when you lean your body forward and position your head just above the headlight, but it is an excellent piece to illustrate anything on the theme  "art of the racer". And guess what? It’s the official name of the shop. I just regret that the builder’s website is not yet as good as the bike. Art-Of-The-Racer.

12 Responses to “Rock N’ Bike”

1. 1 John Dec 24th, 2007 at 9:57 am

Unusual and awesome lines. Practical? I don’t know. But sometimes it doesn’t really matter.

2. 2 DJ CHOPPER GOD Dec 24th, 2007 at 4:38 pm

Now that, is a VERY KOOL bike!!!

3. 3 Attila Dec 24th, 2007 at 5:16 pm

Absolutely smitten with the innovative ideas and details when I first viewed it. There definitely are not enough good images of this bike on the web. That said, the seat area is a real pressure point. Raising the seat line or stretching the rear just 2″ would have allowed the lines to flow better.

4. 4 Nicker Dec 24th, 2007 at 5:31 pm

Very different….!

The white space between the front wheel and the very dense rest of the bike seems a little out of place.

Perhaps steering head front suspension would fill up the void and give the whole thing a better aesthetic balance…???

5. 5 Steve Budge Dec 24th, 2007 at 7:39 pm

Come on Cyril! You are a gas! Where do you come up with this stuff? That bike is just rockin. You really are a talent.
    Merry Christmas.

6. 6 Steve Budge Dec 24th, 2007 at 7:41 pm

Should have read the article first.
    I will just pass on the compliments to the other Cyril.

7. 7 Drummer Dave Dec 25th, 2007 at 8:06 am

Sorry, I like to look at them but I have to tell you.

8. 8 rodent Dec 25th, 2007 at 8:13 am

A work of art, yes….A concept bike, yes….a vehicle that someone rides as practical, never……a poser to ride up and down Main Street, maybe….these art works of art using steel, rubber, and paint as a medium…built by an artist… more than Andy Whorhol’s soup can holds soup..

9. 9 Jeremy Greenwald Dec 25th, 2007 at 11:29 am

Whatever the critics, it is still a very nteresting custom bike.

10. 10 Asa Dec 25th, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Cyril, I just dont know mabe its just me but this bike yes has workmanship in it but I dont think I would give the price of a new sportster for it . Your bikes are all better than this one come on show us some rideable bobbers . Asa

11. 11 Moto Corsa Dec 27th, 2007 at 6:43 pm

don’t understand how “racing” is associated with this bike?

very kewl hot rod design

12. 12 Pat Dec 27th, 2007 at 7:16 pm

Evidently, reference is made to old bikes racing.