Custom Built For One Of Our Special Ops Soldiers In Iraq.

Ash Spurlin is a Special Ops Squad Leader with the US Army fighting in Iraq and when one of his mission is completed, he debriefs his superiors, eats and logs onto his Yahoo account with the intent of finding from friends in the industry who they would recommend for his next build.  That’s how he found Guilty Customs and Errant, his next and third custom motorcycle. Errant, part of Guilty Customs “Last Chance” line, caught Spurlin’s attention with its 70’s dragster styled influences. Spurlin comments about his decision to have his next chopper built by Guilty Customs: “Since I had two bobber styled bikes that were similar in looks, I wanted something different, but dependable and affordable. One of my friends told me about Guilty Customs so I called and spoke with Cj Hanlon.  We talked for about an hour. I didn’t feel like it was a business call, which is when I knew 100 percent, this company was the kind of business I’d always heard my father and grandfather talk about. Not cookie cutter $65,000 choppers or assembly line bikes, but actual one-on-one discussions about my next bike.” The bike is ready, Spurlin is back in Iraq from where he already talks with his builder CJ Hanlon about a cross-country ride to raise monies for the widows and families of soldiers killed in battle. Another reason to wish him a safe return home. Guilty Customs

8 Responses to “Custom Built For One Of Our Special Ops Soldiers In Iraq.”

1. 1 madpuppy Feb 22nd, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Thank You , Mr. Ash Spurlin for the job You and your bros. are doing for us! I am a Vietnam Vet, and I appreciate what you guys and gals are doing ! I salute all of you ! And I have talked vie email with Cj ” warden ” Hanlon many times, and he is a Great builder and person! PS. Sweet bike~

2. 2 Dave B. Feb 22nd, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Now that’s a good looking bike. I am glad to see “Frisco” tank and a girder that are done properly. Good job.

3. 3 Kiwi Mike Tomas Feb 23rd, 2008 at 2:22 am

Thanks guys for your dedication and well done CJ, nice work indeed.

4. 4 Rick Feb 23rd, 2008 at 1:40 pm

Ashley, glad you took the advice my friend. I have been talking with CJ about your build and I’m stoked to link you guys up. I bet you can’t wait to get home. Give us a shout when your back and we’ll all hook up and celebrate. Thanks for your commitment- you know my thoughts on that. I’ll send CJ your care package.

CJ – boy do you build ugly stuff! Ha- just yankin your leg. The bike looks outstanding. Your stuff always looks clean and classic…. I guess thats why you are our premier dealer on the east coast. You’ve been with us from the start, and I look forward to seeing your continued success. Lets hook up for a cruise on the east coast- we need some time to relax!

5. 5 burnout Feb 23rd, 2008 at 7:35 pm

nice, sweet and, my favorite word to describe a bike,….. functional ! thank you for your service. peace

6. 6 Ash Feb 24th, 2008 at 4:40 am

Thanks for all the support everyone. I should be back in the states in late May or early June. I will make sure we get together for a ride somewhere on the East coast. Also, thanks for the positive comments on the bike as well.

7. 7 Cj Hanlon Guilty Customs Feb 28th, 2008 at 3:52 am

We’ve already gotten interest from a few mag’s/papers on this story and we’re very thankful for the opportunity to build Ash’s bike. I’m looking forward to getting some road time with Ash once the bike is completed and he’s rolling down the coast line (A1A or PCH). All we need now are some others to fill out the road with us. 🙂 Ash, C’ya when you hit the States!

8. 8 Greg Hoeve Feb 28th, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Hello Cj,
    Why am I not surprised to find you doing the right thing at the right time for the right kind of people. Maybe cause I have had the pleasure of speaking with and dealing with you for a little while now. Congratulations to Ash on his new ride. No doubt it will be a true testament of craftsmanship, style and taste for which Guilty Customs is known.

I look forward to seeing you in Daytona this coming week.