Iron Works Magazine Bike Show At Carl’s Speed Shop

Paid a visit to this show not only as a courtesy to the nice staff of Iron works Magazine but also to meet with Carl Morrow in his new Nova Avenue Carl Speed Shop facility. Quite impressive shop and service area, and outside perfect wide open parking lot to welcome a professional bike competition. Not the biggest Bike Show in town but a very friendly one where bikes being displayed have enough room to show all their sides. Took the time to talk to a few builders and discuss fabrication tricks that I used on my bikes or that they employed on theirs. Cool exchanges of ideas between pros, semi pros and amateurs.…All friends. It’s what it’s all about.

9 Responses to “Iron Works Magazine Bike Show At Carl’s Speed Shop”

1. 1 Rodent Mar 5th, 2008 at 8:07 am

very small show, maybe 15 bikes

2. 2 Marilyn Stemp Mar 5th, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Thanks for the good words, Cyril. That IS what it’s all about.
    As for the number of entries, there were easily twice that many bikes, Rodent, still quite fine for a first time show in a place with plenty of competition. All of them were bikes worth a look, too. In any case, everyone who was there enjoyed it, except Rodent, I guess, though I don’t recall seeing him.

3. 3 gustian Mar 6th, 2008 at 6:44 pm

“small show” doesn’t always mean “small quality”.
    I rather like to see 15 bikes worth showing,than a 150 I can see around the corner.

Keep up the good work. It’s a pitty I live about a 4000 miles away, with a big ocean between it…….

Im a bit like Cyril, also had a boys-dream living in the USA. Who knows, prehaps later…….

4. 4 Nicker Mar 6th, 2008 at 11:01 pm

“….Cool exchanges of ideas between pros, semi pros and amateurs.…All friends. It’s what it’s all about…”

Spot on!

That indeed is what it has always been about.
    It’s about the Bikes and the people who love them.
    It’s not about people who love being associated with bikes.

Seems small shows are typically interesting to “interesting people.”
    Without the hype and action of a large crowd “uninteresting people” won’t show.
    To quote Pops “BONUS”.

IMHO, anyway.

5. 5 DJ CHOPPER GOD Mar 7th, 2008 at 12:48 pm

Carl is the king of carbs. I’m glad to hear they did a show no matter what the turn out was. I’ll be there next year.

6. 6 burnout Mar 7th, 2008 at 1:29 pm

I am the only kid on my block with a Carl’s speed shop velocity stack! peace

7. 7 Jose Mar 7th, 2008 at 8:45 pm

Rodent is vinegar, posting only negative comments..

8. 8 June Murante Mar 10th, 2008 at 9:38 am

Hi Cyril,
    I just wanted to tell you it was very nice meeting you over at the Builders Breakfast and then I did help Marilyn at Carl’s Speed Shop and I think there was more than 15 bikes. And to tell you the truth for the first time ride-in bike show I think it was very good. It gave everyone a chance to look at all the bike not to many but more than 15 for sure. And I hope I get to see you next year please keep in touch it was very nice talking to you.

Thanks and have a great day

In The News
    Tampa Fl.

9. 9 Rick Kempf Mar 21st, 2008 at 5:43 pm

I had fun, there were some realy nice bikes there, glad mine was with them (Beer Bagger). you never know where the next great idea will come from and I got quite a few there. Seems the more creative builders show at the smaller less hyped shows and get better recognition. There wasnt a bike there i wouldnt want in my garage (or Hanger depending on the bike……….. Nice bike JRL)

All in All great time and I will Definatly be back next year with more bikes and haveing a great time!

Thanks Carl’s and IronWorks for a great show!