I Shot A Celebrity Photographer

Daytona Bike Week would not be Bike Week without famous photographer Mike Lichter clicking his cameras 20 hours a day. But this year, Mike has a second assistant (Steve being the 1st one), his daughter Kiera. Her last visit to Daytona, she was still in diapers, and I remember. Oh My God… Kiera follows her Dad everywhere, day & night, is getting intensive training carrying  a bunch of equipment, told me she is hooked to Bike Week and think she deserves a custom bike. Kiera, for you, I am available.

10 Responses to “I Shot A Celebrity Photographer”

1. 1 DJ CHOPPER GOD Mar 7th, 2008 at 12:15 pm

She has a great mentor!!! I wonder if she’s into Be-Bop jazz like her pops. The man has good taste in music. Not as good as mone but close. Just kidding Mike. Jazz lives….J.F.L. J.T.W.

Jazz For Life
    Jazz (for) The World.

2. 2 Scott Gender Mar 7th, 2008 at 1:40 pm

The new generation is coming. Welcome Kiera (very nice name).

3. 3 kirkscustoms Mar 8th, 2008 at 9:46 am

I had an oportunity to ride with him on a photoshoot ride a couple years ago. What a cool day that was for an budding bike builder.

If you read this Michael, I hope to run into you an Kiera this year at Myrtle, Jay told me at the V-Twin Expo he is planning another Broken Spoke Ride.

Hope to see you both there!

4. 4 Ron Mar 9th, 2008 at 3:13 pm

Sweet father/daughter picture.

5. 5 Scout Mar 11th, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Mike and Kiera. You guys rule. I have tons to learn from you and your family! Keep up the good work! It is always a pleasure seeing you at the shows!

6. 6 toph Mar 14th, 2008 at 11:03 am

always a highlight of any trip hanging and speaking with Michael. classy guy.

7. 7 burnout Mar 14th, 2008 at 9:01 pm

Imagine running on I-4 in daytona at 70-90mph 2 inches from the rear bumper of a (presumably) rented chrysler convertible with Mr Lichter hanging off the back of said convertible snapping photos. Hey, NO ONE WAS HOLDING HIM DOWN!!!!! Mike you may not remember me but that was the most fun I have ever had advertising a motorcycle! Some were able to dodge the road kill but I still have some on me! Very cool that your daughter is interested in your art. peace

8. 8 Mike Lichter Mar 15th, 2008 at 8:53 pm

How cool that you took this photo and posted it Cyril!!! And it is so neat that people actually posted comments – WOW. It was great having Kiera in Daytona and introducing her to so many great people and good friends. It was like take your kid to work day! Thanks to everyone for being so awesome to her. I’ll have to bring my son Sean next time.

9. 9 ANT Mar 28th, 2008 at 8:46 pm

That’s all well and good, but I shot the Sherriff (but I didn’t shoot the Deputy).

10. 10 Kiera Sep 21st, 2008 at 4:40 am

OK, I recognize that my brother is way cooler than I am, but if anyone wants to catch me up, let me know. The fact that my dad is cooler than I am though, is pretty embarassing… If anyone has some secret clues to me being “cooler” (I had to put it in parenthesis since it’s so embarassing) I”d appreciate them. Peace.