Mid-USA Parts Sold To Group Of Investors

Another financially motivated decision in a fast changing market. Mid-USA Motorcycle Parts has been sold to John Stdko and a consortium of St Louis-based businessmen. The company was owned and operated by Sandi Morrison, whose family started the company, and whose husband Les Morrison died of a long-term illness eighteen months ago. The new owner is a former long-time senior buyer at rival Midwest Motorcycle Supply.  Johnny Stdko left Midwest a year ago and has since been operating his own custom motorcycle business.

7 Responses to “Mid-USA Parts Sold To Group Of Investors”

1. 1 Yves Beaudoin Mar 6th, 2008 at 6:57 pm

It was to previous this move because the office in canada was so so them manager quit his job for something else and since Big Al dies Mid usa canada been so different. The office in canada are the big part of revenue to Mid Usa in US and the canadian office work revenue go to down since many month. But i swear we can keep this good supplier for futur.

2. 2 Evobuilder Mar 7th, 2008 at 3:29 pm

3. 3 kirkscustoms Mar 7th, 2008 at 7:43 pm

Talking about shock, get a phone call mid morning on Monday this week from a longtime friend at Mid-USA saying, "companys been sold". That’s the first shock.

The second shock is realize that they took delivery on a P.O. I had just filled for them. According to some legal eezzz, the old owners of Mid-USA are liable for any and all outstanding purchase orders NOT the new owner.

Seems that P.O.’s floating around out in space are tangible assests that the new company purchased but is not responsible to pay. Sound fishy, try being a vendor and have that explaination laid on you and the follow-up that the "Old Owners" are going to send out a letter within 30 days letting us all know whether we will get paid or not.

Think we will?

The new owner, where ever you are, (his receptionist transfered me to my buyer, like no shit, I already know who my buyer is) you have some explaining to do I think, at least a professional courtesy letter email or something.

So far the new ownership is not doing a very good job at establishing credibility with his suppliers, or making them feel comfortable about doing future business.

The whole reason I dealt with Mid-USA was relationships, I could have gotten my parts picked up by another distributor, but I never went that route. I chose to deal with Mid-USA because of the friendships I had forged with a couple of the key folks there. I had always been treated with the utmost in respect, people new me when I called by my voice, called me by name, etc.

The new team, they ain’t startin’ out too good, got alot of things to make right. I just wonder what comes next?

a real pissed off vendor!

4. 4 Dave Perks Mar 12th, 2008 at 12:27 am

I work at Mid-USA. We were real apprehensive when Sandi Morrison called a meeting. That usually means someone lost their job. In that meeting she told us that her options were to sell or close. She chose to sell. By far the best decision she has ever made, Adside being les’s wife.

In a meeting today, John told us, that had he not took over the doors would have been closed.

Since John took over, Our orders have increased. Credits have been procesed at a record pace. Most of us still have a job.

They way I understand it. Sandi is responsible for all former po’s and John all new po’s.

Just cool your jets and le things play out.

5. 5 A Concerned Vendor Apr 21st, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Good for John and the new MID USA. However, this whole deal stinks and one cannot help to think that this situation was strategically planned from the get go. The big question is what “certain assets” did the CIONI group purchase.

Think about it. I’m pretty sure that the CIONI Group acquired product(asset purchase) that were stocked up and not paid for by the previous owner. However, instead of taking the responsibility of trying to make amends with all these vendors that have not been paid, they are basically telling everyone deal with the old owner. Maybe you’ll get paid, maybe you won’t.

If the old MID-USA told their vendors what was going on or filed a Chapter 11 bankruptcy, they probably would of not been supplied with product to fill their warehouses, which probably would have KIBOSHED the asset purchase by CIONI. That is why none of us received any notification what was going on, until receiving a phone call or letter that the company has been sold and here’s the deal.

To make a long story short CIONI did not pay for this asset purchase. All the vendors who are owed money that will not get paid, will be paying for it. He will be making the profit of selling the inventory he acquired through the asset purchase.

I hope I am wrong about this, but for us vendors who do not get paid, I cannot help to think that this was the plan from the get go and I would be leary dealing with these new owners.

Another Pissed Off Vendor

6. 6 Just a dealer Oct 1st, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Since the new ownership, they have been pretty bad with supplying parts. Some things are always out of stock and so far has stayed that way. Wonder why?

7. 7 Another Dealer Feb 4th, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Just wondering if any of this has been settled ? It has been some time now and I don’t see any new posts. I am looking to expand and start a new website but need to know that we are not going to have more problems getting orders filled. If we have pissed off venders then I’m sure supplys are not going to be plentiful.