Willie’s Ol’ Skool Daytona Bike Show

The second Thursday of Daytona Bike Week (yes Bike week is 10 days), everything Rad, Rod, genuinely old or looking like it, converge to Willie’s Tropical Tattoo for an Ol’ Skool bike show.  The little show of a few years ago is getting very big, overflowing outside the tattoo shop parking lot. Sign of success, no journalist will miss this one and you also will meet a lot of well-known builders checking the creativity of the show participants. If this event is an Ol’ Skool visual dream, shooting bikes is extremely difficult due to the fact that it is almost impossible to walk between them. The counterpart of a very fast success. So, don’t bitch at me because I don’t show you any bike in full.  I prefer no picture than a bad picture.

12 Responses to “Willie’s Ol’ Skool Daytona Bike Show”

1. 1 burnout Mar 7th, 2008 at 1:25 pm

blings’ rules! LOVE the gas cap! I am copying the tag right now! peace

2. 2 rodent Mar 7th, 2008 at 4:27 pm

The Ol’ Skool Show at Willie’s Tropical Tattoo is Daytona”s largest show in attendance and entrants so far this bikeweek in Daytona……It might be because it is the best, Free to the public and a 10 buck entry fee if you get past the critical eyes of Marcus and Roadside……beer, girls, and music added.

3. 3 Gregory Schmitt Mar 7th, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Hey Rodent. I like the Willie’s show, but you should know that it is not the largest bike show in terms of bikes and attendance. It’s the Rat’s Hole Show. By far.

4. 4 Nicker Mar 8th, 2008 at 2:26 am

“…blings’ rules! LOVE the gas cap! …”

Looks like a Bultaco tank & cap.
    Just like the “Bling” logo looks like a play on the Bultaco emblem.

A real Hot Rod… use what ya got.

5. 5 Mark Shubin Mar 8th, 2008 at 10:52 am

Saw Bill at Grease Monkey Mayhem and again in
    Rosallia Wa. last summer. Great guy and great bikes. Want to build a bike using his frame just as soon as possible.

6. 6 Rodent Mar 10th, 2008 at 7:57 am

gregory, the Rat’s Hole has lost some of its luster since Karl passed….Ted is trying but he ain’t got it like the old man had.

7. 7 Gregory Mar 10th, 2008 at 8:31 am

Rodent. It’s only your opinion. But don’t write that Willie’s bike show is the biggest. It’s not true. There was 200 bikes in the Rat’s Hole Show on Saturday. all very high quality bikes. In addition there was 2 other rat’s Hole shows on Thursday & Friday. Total 375 bikes. I think that the new shows are much better organized than before. I get my numbers from a judge. Anyway, the quality of a show is the quality of the bikes.

8. 8 Dan Morrow Mar 10th, 2008 at 8:34 am

Cyril. Your report on bike week is the best thing next to being in Daytona. Thank u for your hard work.

9. 9 David Mar 10th, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Well Cyril, It looks as those who reveal in the tag are the one’s who will surely end our motorcycle right’s.It’ not like that the Harley crowd has not already done so with the noise laws and regs being handed down all across the nation.Some People never learn and are just out for there own benefit and fun (while it last).I hope by posting this picture your not really promoting this kind of activity.Well that’s all I just hate for a few to ruin it for all of us.

10. 10 burnout Mar 11th, 2008 at 10:27 am

I am in the minority because I prefer good sounding “quiet exhaust”. My hot rod bike is quieter than my cruiser. I never want to intentionally piss anyone off but if you ride and god forbid , have some fun, you are definitely gonna piss people off! Every day we lose more of our freedoms but we will NEVER be able to legislate stupidity. If people choose to ride or drive dangerously then, as history has shown, the law isn’t our savior. peace

11. 11 willie T JONES Mar 17th, 2009 at 11:59 pm

its like this tropical tattoos old school chopper show is the largest event in which all bikes in show have to be road in and lets face it is the real deal not much chrome and no billet crap its just bikes built by real builders and riders and old timmers like its not always all about money and gread its about the man the machine and brother hood and fun thats why the smoke out and willies show draws the real deal no possers kinda like the last cowboys ,i herd count this year there was 167 registered bikes and 30 who got in free just for whereing the famous CHOPPER TIME SHIRT FROM LAST YEAR NO ADDMISSION AND PROCCEDS GO TO CHARITY.SO JUST MAYBE MR CARL RODENT WAS RIGHT LIKE USAULLY HE HIS ,GOD PROTECT ARE TROOPS AND MAY GOD BLESS THIS GREAT COUNTRY

12. 12 rodent Mar 19th, 2009 at 12:22 pm

any pics from bike week show ? at willies tropical tattoo