What Did You Think About The Pinks TV Show?

Hope that last evening you watched the TV show Pinks on Speed. Adam Chandler from Chandler Originals racing Mike Beland from A1 Cycles. Mike won the bragging rights…and Adam’s bike. But what matters is that they had a great time shooting the show, that they proved that custom builders can race hard their custom bikes and that they gave a good TV show for the spectators. Last night we were about 80 people gathered front of the big TV screens of a West Palm Beach restaurant to support the 2 racers, When the show ended, we wondered. What do you think about the show, the performance, the 2 racers? So, if you watched, leave a comment. Do you want to see again custom builders race their bikes? Which builders you would like to see? Who against who? etc. They all read this Blog, so tell us. Maybe the Pinks producers will want to do more shows with motorcycle builders. (Waiting for the show to start: Cyril Huze, Adam Chandler with wife Sally, Mike Beland, Jerry Graves, John Gatti)..

26 Responses to “What Did You Think About The Pinks TV Show?”

1. 1 A 1 CYCLES Apr 3rd, 2008 at 9:49 am

Had a blast last night. Thanks to all who attended, and anyonne who wants to step up and challenge me just call the shop we dont need t.v. cameras to race for slips. Thanks to my crew, Cyril, Billy Lane, South Florida Choppers, Jerry Graves, Adam Chandler, and all those who came to party and have a good time. Hope everyone liked it.

2. 2 Jaxon 5 Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:21 am

Wanted to watch it, but was not on. There was a car race on…….. need to TiVo it I guess………….. Congratulations Mike!!!

3. 3 Mike Clardy Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:22 am

Thanks to Cyril’s article I watched the show. I think it was great. Would like to see more builders racing each other. Who? Rooke/Sands on street bikes, Huze/Ness on sleek customs, Klock/Covington on baggers, Mike Kiwi//Who? on Indians. ,

4. 4 John Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:27 am

Watched it. Don’t understand how the 140″ lost against 120″. Bad parts? Bad starts? Liked the show. Too short. Not enough technical explanations about what happened to the 140″.

5. 5 Gary Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:29 am

The clutches and the belt drive did not hold up

6. 6 Dan Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:29 am

Suggestion. The producers shoot the bikes being built before the race.

7. 7 Crashy Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:38 am

Well, it was good and refreshing to see v-twin bikes racing each other.

8. 8 Big Wheelie Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:40 am

What about Keino and Chica racing each other on Jap bikes?

9. 9 Zach Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:54 am

Curious. Did Adam Chandler give his bike to Mike Beland, or is it just for the show?

10. 10 Bobby Schonberg Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:56 am

Pretty cool.

11. 11 mike x Apr 3rd, 2008 at 11:29 am

That was the coolest thing i have ever seen in the world of “Custom Chopper Bikes” for many years we have heard people make claims about horsepower while building bikes on T.V. Huge amount of Respect to both of you for ” pounding yer $hit on T.V.” Mr. C.H. your site is “The Site” Thanks X.

12. 12 adam Apr 3rd, 2008 at 12:00 pm

we had a blast, yep….Mike has my bike, however I had to send the motor back…..

13. 13 Brenda Apr 3rd, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Great blog Cyril. I watched the show with my boyfriend. Enjoyed it.

14. 14 Nicker Apr 3rd, 2008 at 4:03 pm

How about anyone’s twin up against one of Goldammer’s blown singles….?

15. 15 A 1 CYCLES Apr 3rd, 2008 at 4:31 pm

bring it

16. 16 jspfc Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Saw the episode and it was great. The bikes def. were better than the cars and was nice to see the sportsmanship. The car guys usually take the win because of mechanical problems. Was kind of disappointing that it wasnt actually a custom versus a custom. A-1’s bike was a real custom while Chandler built more of a drag bike. But overall it was great and good to see some new blood. I think everyone is kinda sick of OCC, Alren Ness, and the rest of the guys who stand around and watch other people build the bikes.(I would like to see Paul Sr. fix the bukes on the spot.)

17. 17 Donnie Apr 3rd, 2008 at 8:58 pm

Great idea. Paul Jr. checkng tire pressure. Paul Sr. bringing filling up gas tanks. Seriously, it was good and less boring than the car guys. What about this clutch?

18. 18 jspfc Apr 3rd, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Sorry I didnt realize that Junior and Senior who “build” bikes for a living, and I use that term loosely, are above working on a bike. And I will quote Vinnie, “Those two fight and I build bikes.”

19. 19 Nicker Apr 4th, 2008 at 3:17 am

“…A-1’s bike was a real custom while Chandler built more of a drag bike…”

Well, i’m think-n that a drag bike is about as “custom” too…(?).
    Haven’t looked, but cant recall ever being able to put a drag bike together form catalog parts.
    Those things were always custom built.

Hell, the first real customs of the late 50s’ & early 60s’ i can recall were the British Rockers.
    Here in the States we called-em Cafe Racers.
    Vincent motors stuffed in Feather-bed frames, Triumph motors in BSA frames…
    Clip-on bars, hand hammered 5 gallon tanks.
    These were full-up hand made custom bikes.

Throughout the history of Biking, there have been all type-a custom bikes.
    Today’s “Cruisers” are the johny-come-lately to the customization.

The fact that A1 could shut a dragster down with a cruiser tells ya that he’s got it together!
    Can’t wait to see his turboed-100 incher…… that will be a major “Custom” … !!
    Go get-em Mike…… 🙂

20. 20 Fausto Simoes Apr 4th, 2008 at 9:01 am

Who are you going up against Cyril?

21. 21 Scout Apr 4th, 2008 at 9:43 am

Somebody do a hand-jamming drag race!

22. 22 Kiwi Mike Tomas Apr 4th, 2008 at 10:16 am

I’m always up for a drag race on my classic flathead Indians.
    Flat head Indian against a flat head Harley, both hand shifters, foot clutch. Bring back the nostalgia racing.
    Once a year we stop by a non official dry lake bed out in Death Valley and set up our own 1/4 mile drag strip for a few hours. Maybe about 20 classic bikes chip in and it’s full throttle racing all the way. The final run, flathead Indian against a hot 80″ Knucklehead. Harley won by 1/2 a bike length on both runs, fair and square. Great times.

23. 23 STROKERZ Apr 4th, 2008 at 10:42 am

24. 24 madpuppy Apr 4th, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Excellent show ! Hum, who would I like to see racing ? I would like to see My favorite Shop and Crew from ” Southside Customs “,race ” Risky Business ” against ” A 1 Cycles. Just my choice !

25. 25 Ryan Apr 5th, 2008 at 12:55 am

Thanks again Cyril for giving us the info on an incredible show before it happened so everyone could tune in and watch. I don’t even watch PINKS anymore because it seems so scripted — so it was great to see the bikes on there and how cool both shops were. They weren’t asking for twenty bike links like the cagers would — they respected each other and the sport. Thanks for some great entertainment.

26. 26 Jack Apr 5th, 2008 at 10:23 am

I have personally shot a few A 1 bikes at the different Rats Hole shows and they are outstanding. I wasn’t expecting it, but spotted my buddy Jerry Graves on the show!!! This guy has the abilities and personality to be the best thing since sliced cheese in the custom bike industry. I have many of his bikes on my site along with a few galleries showing his talents while pounding out a tank. You have to see it to understand what I am talking about. Anyway, loved the show, the A 1 bike was awesome, and I would like to see more bike racing on Pinks.