Indian Motorcycle Answers Your Questions

Chris Bernauer, General Manager of Indian Motorcycle wrote to me to answer your questions. Below I publish his email.

“Please understand that Indian Motorcycle Company is extremely busy addressing all of the concerns that the folks on your Blog frequently talk about. You have had the opportunity to see firsthand the attention to detail we are paying and the beautiful bike we are building. As we’ve stated, we much rather speak with the product than written promises that others can choose to believe or not. I will take a moment to answer the questions posted below”.

1. One question that has been raised on a number of forums by a number of people concerns the Safety Recall Issues, is whether The Stellican Group (Indian) has any responsibilities to the riders of the Gilroy bikes.
a. Answer – The Stellican Group has no legal responsibility to any of the Safety Recall Issues on the Gilroy era bikes. We will work closely with our dealers to encourage them to help and support the Vintage and Gilroy era owners as much as possible. There are a number of sources available for owners to get service and parts.
2. Has Stellican addressed these issues? And if so, how have they addressed them?
a. Answer – The KM Indian team has addressed every known quality issue with the Gilroy era Indian Chief bikes. The list is too long to go into detail. However, we understand the issues and have taken action to ensure the KM produced Indian does not repeat the same mistakes
3. Still some talk out in the Riders world of a few NDA settlements that Stellican has agreed to settle silently with Riders who have been affected by these issues.
a. Answer – I’m not sure what this question is referring to. I am unaware of any issues related to the question.
4. KM Indian has always stated that they would not rush their bikes to production. Now we see them hinting that they are close to accepting orders, and are close to production. Yet we also hear that the assembly line is not complete, and there are approximately 30 employees in the plant.
a. Answer – Cyril, as you saw, there is an assembly line and we are building bikes on it. The process to staff up for production is well on it’s way. We are still committed to not starting production until the bikes are ready. (Chris Bernauer, General Manager Indian Motorcycle)

54 Responses to “Indian Motorcycle Answers Your Questions”

1. 1 Dennis Apr 24th, 2008 at 9:57 am

It’s always better when Indian talks to us. Long (new) life to Indian.

2. 2 KC Cheef Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:37 am

Thank you for the response to my questions.
    Concerning the NDA?
    It has been rumored for quite a while that early on in Stellicans ownership that there were injuries resulting from mechanical failures on Gilroy bikes.
    It has also been rumored that Stellican Indian made NDA settlements with the riders of these machines.
    You state that YOU are unaware of these issues.
    Could you do a little checking for us, and assure us that there were no settlements made that you might be unaware of?

Just a queston for you out of curiosity?
    If Stellican has no legal responsibility concerning these recall issues is it due to the fact that they were absolved from them by purchasing Indian–or has Stellican taken steps since the purchase to insure no liabilty?

As for your statement that Cyril has seen the assembly line, and has seen bikes being built on it?
    Cyril responded yesterday to my question about this in another section of the blog.

Cyrils answer was that he had seen “Assembly line being prepared.”

Cyril–I’ll thank you once again for helping us get some straight answers to some questions we continue to have for and about Indian.
    Your blog and visit to the mountain seems to have at least enabled us to hear DIRECT from a KM Rep.
    Any way to condense these Indian blogs into one easy to access site?
    We are getting a little spread out here.
    Also — Chris–would you be willing to continue answering questions?
    I do have many friends who ride Indian–CH etc that would surely like to hear from you.

3. 3 Cyril Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:49 am

KC. Sometimes, I am a little bit tired (blogging is not my 1st job) and I trip a little bit on words. The statement of Chris is correct: I meant “bikes being prepared/built on assembly line”.

4. 4 Wheelee Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:57 am

I believe in the new Indian.

5. 5 KC Cheef Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:59 am

Thanks for the clarification on the assembly line Cyril.
    And no apology is necessary.
    I realize a lot of times folks will want to slant what they read to fit their ideas–I may have been guilty of that in this instance.

I am going to invite a friend or two on to ask Chris a few more questions.
    I realize he is in no way obligated to respond–but at least the questions will be out in the open–honest–and awaiting response from an official source.

Cyril–I will than you again for creating this oppurtunity for us to have a first hand response directly from KM on questions we have concerning the New Indian.

6. 6 Sean Warren Apr 24th, 2008 at 11:00 am

Chris Bernauer, take your time, do it right.

7. 7 Dr. Mark Apr 24th, 2008 at 11:18 am

I agree.

Get it right.

Gilroy rushed, and look how that turned out. The marque deserves better.
    Take your time, do it right. It sounds like these boys have their heads screwed on right.
    Thank God.
    We don’t need any more Wayne Baughman’s, Philip Zhanghi’s or Ray Sotelo’s, just out to pick Indian’s carcass.

And just for the record, I do own a Gilroy-era Chief. I love my bike, and I’ll never sell it, in spite of it’s flaws. I also don’t feel that King’s Mountain owes me ANYTHING. They bought the marque, not Gilroy’s screw ups. Why should the mistakes that the Gilroy crew made be visited on the new Indian owners. We live in a time when the knee-jerk response to anything is a lawsuit. I say that the new Indian has NO responsibility to clean up Ray Sotelo and the old IMC’s dirty diapers. They had nothing to do with those gross errors, and just because they own the name should mean nothing in terms of liability.
    They. Did. Not. Build. Those. Bikes. Period.
    Why should anyone expect the new Indian Co. to fix a problem that wasn’t of their making? That just sounds too much like some people asking for a free lunch, to me.
    Am I pissed because of my PP100’s design flaws? Well, yeah, of course. Do I expect King’s Mountain to give me a new motor?
    Uh, NO.
    Some people need to get a grip.

8. 8 Steve Apr 24th, 2008 at 11:24 am

KC Cheef,

Are you not the offical Test Rider for Crazy Horse Motorcycles?
    Says it on their website. The website hat shows bikes built by other builders. Why is that?

How about you tell us what is going on with the production line at YOUR COMPANY and not worry so much about what Indian is doing.

You HATE Indian, we know it already.

How about you take on one of the great qualities Indian seems to have, let YOUR PRODUCT do the talking.

9. 9 Kc Cheef Apr 24th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

My response to you.
    Me hate Indian?
    Got one in my garage–in fact I have 2.
    Ride it — brag it up — love the thing.
    Last bike I’ll ever own.
    When it breaks I’ll fix it and ride it some more.

I’ve been to over 35 States on it.
    I’ll guess more than 500 folks have crawled on it in gas station parking lots–hotels–cafes–and grocery store parking lots and had their pictures taken on it–their kids pictures taken on it.
    Hell–I even rode 20 miles out of my way to load up an 85 year old woman on the back of it–met here son and husband while gassing it up–the old gentleman had ridden Indian with her in the ’30s.
    Rode it to their house–put the husband in the saddle–loaded her up behind them and sat there for an hour while they took pics.
    Got one of those pics that year as a Christmas card they’d had made.
    Nope–I don’t hate Indian–I promote them and ride them every chance I get.

Your personal opinion that KM owes you nothing?
    Good on you.
    That’s the same feeling I have.
    I don’t see where that would have anything to do with the questions I’m asking here.
    Your opinion and my opinion might not necessarily be the opinions of thousands of other riders, dealers, and distributors out there that got stung by Gilroy.
    I’m kind of thinking others have a right to think and ask the questions they would like answered.
    Opinions are like–well you know.

As for wanting KM to put their PP in MY bike?
    Sorry–my PP has been built and made right by the BEST out there.
    I wouldn’t trade my bike or my motor for 2 of what KM has.
    As for the flaws your bike has?
    Send it to Joe and get rid of them.
    I’m looking at 40k since my rebuild.
    Changed out a Brake light bulb–and shredded and replaced the pulley and belt with 30k on them–chain drive and I’m happy.
    DR. Mark–you spend way too much time on that Public Site–and you have fallen into the ASSumption that they want you to believe.
    Can you show me ANYWHERE that I have ever stated that I felt KM owed me ANYTHING.
    Hey–give me a call and we’ll talk.

Oh–one more thing STEVE.
    My product?
    I’m oil field trash–I work for an oilfield service company–have for 30 years.
    I guess I don’t have a product.
    As for riding for CH?
    Yes I ride their bikes–A LOT.
    Like to ride them-and will continue to ride them.
    I use the name I ride by on every forum I go to.
    Can you say the same Mikey?

I’ll apologise to you for having these guys come over and ruin what looked to be some real progress in this thread.
    I would like you to take note that in the course of this thread I have respectfully asked questions.
    I have respectfully responded to questions asked of me.
    I’m afraid this thread has probably worn it’s course now.
    You’ll notice the Indian Motorcycle Public Forum support crew has arrived.
    And–I’ll hope you notice that the antagonism seems to be coming from one way only.

10. 10 Bruce Apr 24th, 2008 at 2:57 pm

A legend is never dead, but a legend can be revived. Welcome back Indian.

11. 11 Vintage62 Apr 24th, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Ed or KC or whatever, while you did need to apologize to Mr. Huze, don’t do it on anyone’s behalf for posting here and disagreeing with your blatantly biased view. Your posting of questions of rumors and enuendo as just wanting to get to the truth is so thinly veiled as to verge on the riduculous.

In a previous thread, the reality distortion field, is the post for which you need to apologize to Mr. Huze. That is for all but accusing him of being exactly what you are for CrazyHorse. A paid lackey.

12. 12 Kc Cheef Apr 24th, 2008 at 8:45 pm

As I asked you before.
    Please excuse these folks for being antagonistic, and refusing to be willing to listen to what I thought was a civil dialogue.
    As I said.
    The Indian Motorcycle Community Public Forum Lackeys have now arrived.
    They will allow no criticism or questioning of Kings Mountain Motorcycle.

13. 13 Kc Cheef Apr 24th, 2008 at 8:51 pm

By the way V-62.
    I did not accuse him of anything.
    He does state elsewhere in his site that he is sponsored by various Companies and products.
    I asked a question of him, and he made a civil response.
    Funny that YOU would use the term.
    Ride Safe–see you in Branson.

14. 14 Donnie Apr 25th, 2008 at 11:57 am

I have the feeling that the naysayers are going to be wrong.

15. 15 Vintage62 Apr 26th, 2008 at 7:37 am

Just to put a few things into a perspective.

I have read every response to every thread in this blog related to Mr. Huze’s visit to the new Indian factory and any further communications with anyone from the factory.

About the third coming of this icon. While there are doubters aplenty, there are those that are understandably cautious, and there are those that are enthusiasticly awaiting.

KC Cheef posts here seem to put his stance somewhere between the doubters and the cautious. His dozens of posts in numerous threads elsewhere belie his position here as such a Mr. Nice Guy just looking for a few answers. I am not going to clutter up Mr. Huze’s blog with any cut and paste snippets of this man’s venomous spewings of hatred.

His animosity for the new stewards of the marque, the Iron Indian Riders Association, and the Indian Motorcycle Community Public Forum and anyone associated with those orginazations knows no bounds. KC left those orginazations after his allegiance with CrazyHorse evidently changed his viewpoints.

All one has to do is to visit the CrazyHorse Motorcycle forum, which I have right after it started up. My information as to KC’s position is first hand, not heresay.

As for his labeling of me as anyone’s lackey, as with most of KC’s accusations and spewings, the notion is completely unfounded. I have no ties with the factory. I am a member of the IIRA to benefit from the roadside assistance program, because if one owns a couple of Gilroy era motorsickles, chances are one is gonna need it. (That was before I fixed all the Gilroy snafus) I do frequent the community forum, and now Mr. Huze’s blog. I ride for no one but myself. If those FACTS are the criteria for being a lackey, label me guilty.

16. 16 Tom Goodrich Apr 26th, 2008 at 11:13 am

KC Cheef has an agenda.

17. 17 Rodent Apr 26th, 2008 at 6:45 pm

Another pretender to the throne…..just like the real Shelby Cobra’s and the plastic fantastic replicas..Indian ceased in 1953 anything else is just using the name that thye paid dearly for. Now that an Indian bought Jaguar are they in any way related to the fabled Jags that won LeMans for years?

18. 18 Vintage62 Apr 26th, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Raton, you’re redunduncy is becoming, well, redundunt. You have let us know your opinion again and in most every thread about Indian on Mr. Huze’s blog, We read it the first time, and it is just your opinion, not a fact. I own two Gilroys. Says Indian on the titles. Makes ’em the real deal. Tell us somethin’ new and factual or move on.

19. 19 Bruce Apr 26th, 2008 at 8:06 pm

I agree with Vintage 62. Rodent/Raton repeats always the same thing. If it has an Indian title, it’s an Indian. Period. And we don’t care, nor Indian Motorcycle, about what Rodent/Raton may think.

20. 20 Kc Cheef Apr 26th, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Hello to you Tom Goodrich.
    What exactly would my agenda be?

Hey V-62.
    The Indian on your title makes you a GILROY Indian.

Can you explain to us how the new KM Indian is related to Springfield?

They are MUCH more closely related to the Gilroy bikes.

But they seem to want to distance themselves from us.
    Take a look at their website, and report back here how many times Gilroy is mentioned.
    It is there–but it will take you a minute or two to find it.

And–how about the Clymer bikes?
    Where is any mention of them on the official web site?

Come on now–you surely realize that KM is trying to milk the legend.

By the way–I do own an Indian myself.
    You’ll be getting a look at it in Branson in about 2 weeks or so.

21. 21 Will Apr 26th, 2008 at 10:53 pm

A lot of comments here. But I don’t understand at all the ramblings of KC cheef. What is his problem? Why KM would talk about Gilroy? They are a different company and have nothing to do with the Gilroy debacle. They try to come with a new product that they want in line with the Indian look and tradition, but reliable. It’s the correct approach. Nothing to add.

22. 22 Vintage62 Apr 26th, 2008 at 11:41 pm

KC, just tell everyone one little thing. Eventually in all of your rants, you say already own the last Indian and or the last motorsickle you will ever own. When you wear it out, you will fix it and just keep riding it.

If that’s the truth, what possible difference could it make to you what the folks over at Kings Mountain do produce or don’t produce, or recognize or don’t recognize? How does their actions or inactions affect you?

So what’s the deal, why exactly do you care? What has got the burr up your butt so far that you can’t let it go?

And it don’t do no good to try and play me along with these folks that don’t know you with the Mr. Nice Guy routine. I’ve read enough of your posts to know how you really feel.

23. 23 09 Chief Apr 28th, 2008 at 4:23 am

The funniest thing in this thread is Kc Cheef saying that the folks at Kings Mountain are trying to distance themselves from the Gilroy Indian owners. If there’s any more of them like Kc Cheef, I sure as hell would distance myself from them too.

KM is trying to tie the heritage of the brand together. Springfield through Gilroy to Kings Mountain. Sotelo and his crew didn’t even try to do that. Gilroy didn’t come out of the shed supporting the Springfield bikes so why do people think the KM guys should support the Gilroy or the Springfield bikes?

As for how the KM Indian is related to the Springfield Indians, all you have to know is your history and you’d already have the answer. When I look at my Springfields parked next to my Gilroys in my garage, I see a direct lineage. The space for my first KM Indian is waiting to continue that line. Seems to me that some people are simply way too short sighted to see what’s right in front of them.

24. 24 KC Cheef Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:51 am

I’m not trying to “play” anyone on these blogs.
    You are right–I am not a fan of KM Indian.
    No reason to be that I can see.

So far all I have seen from them are broken promises–and promises to be broken.
    When are we going to see a finished bike?
    When are we going to be able to actually touch one and ride one?
    When are the folks who want to buy one going to actually be able to walk in and ride away?

Stop and think–do you see any sign of a dealership any where besides KM?
    Wasn’t that “Flagship” supposed to have opened in April?

As far as this statement from your last post goes?

“The new owners had not a thing to do with the bunch of maroons that screwed the pooch up in Gilroy.”

You need to check your facts.
    Then you need to publicly apologize to a NUMBER of KM employees who WERE employed by Gilroy and are currently employed by KM.
    First one that comes to my mind would be Gary Busch–he’s the Director of Dealership Development for KM–He held the same position for Gilroy.
    I have corresponded with him by email, and he seems to be dedicated, and quite passionate about the role he plays in KM.

He is one of a number of former Gilroy employees now working for KM–for you to call them “maroons” seems a little harsh.

Yes–I will admit I have made a number of posts on other sites that could seem to be harsh.
    However–if you will look back through these Cyril Huze blogs you will see that I have taken care to remain respectful.
    And you will note that as far as I know this is the first public reply to questions that have ever been answered by a member of the KM staff

You ride safe V-62–see you at the Branson Rally.

25. 25 Chris Behar Apr 28th, 2008 at 11:01 am

26. 26 Wheelee Apr 28th, 2008 at 11:12 am

Hey, KC little cheef. Who do you think you are to imagine that KC Indian answered to you personally. They answered in this blog to some questions asked by several persons. You are very pretentious. If you don’t want to read positive comments, go somewhere else to read your own rants.

27. 27 Kc Cheef Apr 28th, 2008 at 11:43 am

From Chris Behar.

“KC Cheef. you are extremely dishonest. How can you write that they have broken promises? They changed their launch date 1 time because not ready. Since then, they didn’t make any promise. Why do you want to visit Indian dealers before the launch? You make not sense at all.”

You my friend need to do a little more research on KMs past announcements.

You should also read this blog a little more closely.

It would appear to me that Mr. Bernauer has answered my questions directly, and in the order I asked them in another thread on this blog.

You all carry on-I’ll pull out of this thread.
    As I said before–the dialogue is gone.

28. 28 Roy Paterson Apr 28th, 2008 at 11:48 am

Where are the KM past annoucements? Can you state them KC Cheef?. With the source, please. So, we will no if you say the truth.

29. 29 Kc Cheef Apr 28th, 2008 at 1:19 pm

Roy — do your own research–it is not hard to find.

30. 30 Roy Paterson Apr 28th, 2008 at 1:27 pm

Kc. I looked and found absolutely no promise ever made except the launch of fall 07 postponed to 08. It seems that you refuse to assume your statement by listing here the suppodly broken promises that KM would have made and list your source. So, you have one more chance. Do it now or everybody will know that you are just blah, blah, blah.and a gossiper with an agenda.

31. 31 krugger Apr 28th, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Just one thing to say: i wish you a lot of sucess,i hope that you will be able to start this story, and keep ,in the same time ,a lot of respect for the past story of Indian!

32. 32 Kc Cheef Apr 28th, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Well John–Like I’ve said before.
    I just love a good rebuke.
    But coming from the folks who have turned this honest question and answer session into another one of their personal attack rants?
    I REBUKE THEM — in the name of what Indian once was and what Indian once represented.

I’m off to ride my Indian Motorcycle!!

33. 33 ANT Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:52 pm

For the record, John L White did not post the above. Whoever posted that has put themselves in an actionable position which will get very expensive very quickly. That is not a threat but statement of fact.

34. 34 ANT Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:59 pm

For the record, this is my last post on this site. Should anyone try to be cute and use my name let this serve as notice that it wasn’t me.

35. 35 Cyril Huze Apr 28th, 2008 at 10:05 pm

To All:

It seems that some people are using the screen name of others to post in my Blog.
    It’s not only reprehensible, unacceptable, but strictly forbidden as explained in the terms of use of this Blog. I recommend that the person concerned read them attentively
    Read at:
    For your information, we receive the ISP (Internet Service Provider) of each reader who is posting. Through the ISP, we can trace from where the comment was sent.
    For your protection, I am asking you that your email at if you think a message that you didn’t write was posted in your name. We will immediately investigate and take the appropriate action.
    Thank you.

36. 36 Kc Cheef Apr 28th, 2008 at 10:16 pm

Thank you for responding to this issue.
    As I’ve stated before.
    The time for respectful sincere dialogue on this subject has come to a close.
    The KM groupies have arrived, and you’ll notice the direction of this thread has turned from a respectful open dialogue to a pissing match.
    Once again–I will suggest to the “Indian Faithful” who have entered into and destroyed this thread that you owe Cyril Huze and Indian Motorcycle an apology.

Chris Bernauer seemed to take an interest and make a response to my questions–you BOYS have turned it into a sham.
    You all ride safe–I will also be making this my last post –see you in Branson.

37. 37 John White Apr 28th, 2008 at 11:16 pm

I received a phone call late today with a question about a comment I posted on your Blog. I hereby state that I did not make the entry above that bears my name.

I would like to offer a five thousand dollar reward to anyone that can shed light on the person or persons that are posting using my name. Thank you for noting that my name was used incorrectly.

John L. White
    CEO Crazy Horse Motorcycles LLC
    206 498-9400

38. 38 John White Apr 28th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

The following words were written by an imposter:

Ed, you really need to let this go my Friend.
    WE really need to let this go.

Let us concentrate on getting our bikes into production.
    The Crazy Horse Motorcycle.

WE need to stop talking so much and worrying about what Indian is doing.
    WE have made many demands on Indian.
    WE have no right to do so. I now see how silly we must look to outsiders, how silly we should look when we look at ourselves in the mirror.
    WE should be men of our word.
    WE should lead by example.
    WE will build the best all American bikes ever built!!!
    WE will price it so it will be affordable to the average working class American … well under $20,000 – under $15,000.
    WE will build it with the highest quality 100% American made parts we can find or WE will build what we can’t find!

WE need to let Indian be Indian, and make Crazy Horse what I dream it to be. Bentley built with a Hyundai price.

No more Kool Aid, internet games or name calling.
    WE are above that.
    Let it go my Friend.
    WE have bikes to build.

Ed, you are the bigger man, as big in physical stature as you are in mental stature, act accordingly.

John L. White

WE have been rebuked

Anyone that has knowledge of who wrote these words and logged in my name please call me at 206 498-9400

John L. White, CEO, Crazy Horse Motorcycles LLC

39. 39 Rosie Apr 29th, 2008 at 1:11 pm

Yep, John. I can see why you wouldn’t say that.

40. 40 Brock Apr 29th, 2008 at 6:09 pm

yep….I could not see that being written by him either….makes too much sense for either.

I am very excited to see Indians rolling on the highways and backroads of America in larger numbers than before. I am excited to see the smile on a new owners face after a dream is made into a reality. I dont care if it takes 6 months or 16 months…I just want it done correctly with no do-overs. There will be no more second chances I think for Indian.

Let them build them and get it right…for the long haul. Long Live Indian Motorcycles…

41. 41 Vintage#144 Apr 29th, 2008 at 7:47 pm

you see the difference right there Rosie , Brock , no chickenshit IIRA games , using someone elses name, you all know my name and we know yours , but to falsely use a name the way : Davey ,Mikey or Robby did , is chickenshit , , I can see it , I have seen it many times in the past ,the IIRA , what a joke!

I couldnt careless what Indian builds or doesnt build , Ill never own one of there over priced ,not yet proven machines (of course no one has actually seen one , yet) , but I wish the Steve well with there endeavour and I have great respect for John White , it amazes me how little respect I have for IIRA people , ya keep forgetting who spent there time and money making sure that all Indian riders had a same vacation in Branson last year, John White made it possible, he had tools, parts and mechanics on hand , free of charge but you insistant babies even cried about that , ya took the free service and then slammed John !
    Go back to your false dreams!

42. 42 Brock Apr 30th, 2008 at 7:18 am

Don, with respect to Cyril’s blog this is not place to rehash….KC has his facts wrong…the NDAs were with Gilroy era not Stellican. Also, as far as the false names…guess everyone forgets the hundreds of times it was done on CH forum and public forum by people you call friends…whether for fun or not it was all the same. Glad you are happy…let me know when the first CH dealership opens and they go public across the nation. Good luck.

43. 43 Vintage#144 Apr 30th, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Ill do that Ron ! Do me a favor ? let me know when the first Indian dealership opens and they go public across the nation. Good luck.

44. 44 John White Apr 30th, 2008 at 9:33 pm

If you love Indian, and I stongly do believe that you do, then why not work on starting a fund to buy those original 1901 to 1953 Indian drawings owned by Bill Melvin? The bikes will come sooner or later as you have pointed out. However, when does a guy like you question the Heritage? Look what you are getting when this Chief finally arrives!………..A warmed over Gilroy with no chance of mending the old with the new. Where is Starklight or Kiwi in this new Indian? I think you know they are as mad as hell having been attacked after carrying the Indian flag you hold so high. There is no heritage in this game called Stellican. If there was then those drawings would be purchased as if they we gold and peace would be made with Starklight, Kiwi, and Allen Forbes.

You preach heritage. Practice what you preach.

John L. White

PS: The imposter did some fine writing. However the point was that it was not authoried by me as you so nicely point out. Thanks for your kind words. If your name was mis-used, not matter how good or bad those words are, it is a wrong-doing event. I know you question my values and intentions but you should take a look at “Brocks” intentions for a few seconds. Consider that I am using my own name. Perhaps you try it some time. You might have a bit more understanding.

Regardless, what is your opinion with respect to the original drawings owned by Melvin? Are they a priceless part of Indian Heritage or just a box of junk?

45. 45 KC Cheef May 1st, 2008 at 8:41 pm

From Brocks post.

No Brock.
    I stated no facts.
    I asked Mr Bernauer a question.
    In my question.
    I clearly stated Gilroy Era bikes.
    Stellican NDA settlements.

46. 46 homer May 1st, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Time John..time…
    SJ has said here on this blog he wishes to unify the brand…it’ll take time..esp when the vintage iron owners fight it…as for the original drawings..they are just that…i wouldn’t want a new bike that looked like a vintage bike, and indian wouldn’t be building bikes that looked exactly like they did 50 yrs ago had they stayed solvent all these years…i applaud kiwi, starklite, etc and i know that indian is veryt thankful to joe malfa, frank and posie for the work they do…i got that straight from the horses mouth….a unified brand will come, in time….
    I think Indian has done much more than warm over Gilroys and re-badge them. frame geometry, front end changes, all new electronics, re-designed engine, fuel injection, wheels, leather, dual discs, 1 piece gas tank, etc??? nowhere close to my bikes except for aesthetics–and for those lucky enough to buy, that’s a good thing..the one thing Gilroy got right was the looks…KM will get the business and performance end right….
    whoever used jw’s name–shame on you….but V144, you know you can’t judge the whole IIRA by the actions of one person (ASSuming it was a member who did it)…tell the mrs hi for me..

47. 47 vintage#144 May 2nd, 2008 at 12:32 pm

Homer , Im sorry I hate refferring to a group as a whole , but when the leadership is so shitty like that outfits is , it is hard not to , obviously they believe in what these assholes say and do ! So it is the will of the IIRA thats at fault and if your a member , well you know!

Someone said they are a member for the great benefits of roadside service they offer , well I gotta tell ya , the service sucks , go get AAA , they wont leave ya stranded anywhere , car,rv, boat ,motorcycle ! That wouldnt be my reason for belonging!

Cyryl Huse , sorry dude , but I never heard of you before , until someone made this big stink you were touring there factory , and as soon as you stated “iconic” I knew you were already bought and paid for by Stellican , because thats the only term they know to use !

You may be a custom builder and a good one, but they are a dime dozen now adays , in your honest opinion will these guys make it in this depressed economy ? will you make it or will you simply sell your services as a consultant ?dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with consulting , but gas prices are skyrocketing , will these guys actualy sell a bike to riders or are these bikes going into rich kids glass boxes ?

48. 48 Cyril May 2nd, 2008 at 1:26 pm

To Vintage 144. Because I wrote that the Indian name is iconic, it means that I am “bought” by the new Indian Motorcycle company!!! So, following your analysis we are all “bought”. I am not doing any consulting work for them. I wrote about my visit. Period. Read again my other posts and you will know exactly what I think.

49. 49 Brock May 2nd, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Don…will surely let you know when the dealership in NC opens and bikes are rolling. Not a problem as it will be a momentous day.

John…not sure what you mean by “Brocks intentions” as I use this moniker everwhere and everyone that is member of IIRA or Public Forum know me…and quite a few know my real name as do you. I am not hiding.

As for buying back the prints from Bill Melvin and collecting heritage. How about lets get Indian Motorcycles on the road first…then we can work on the other things. Better yet…why is it bad that Melvin has those prints? Or why does not someone with much more capital than I can ever dream of garnering like yourself buy them for safekeeping.

My mouth said nothing about what you speak…my desire is for Indian to regain its iconic status with quality bikes and a reputation for reliability without losing their flair. There is the Wheels through time museum…the Springfield Indian collection. Yep they deserve to be brought under one roof but everyone has to have priorities and I believe Kings Mountain is focused on producing a nice bike.
    Not warmed over as you say…you are completely wrong there. See I have sat on and seen with my own eyes…have seen the parts list on the wall…and of 1200 parts on bike….over 1100 are brand new and definately not Gilroy era material or quality…much much better. FACT.

Ed…if i misunderstood…fine. The fact is that Gilroy is the one that put out NDAs because of design flaws in Gilroy bikes. That was long before Stellican bought them… I have not heard nor seen any such NDA being issued to current Gilroy owners from Stellican….but have read and talked to persons that had such NDAs issued from Gilroy due to injury or accident due to design flaws that should have been corrected. I still stand by my assumption that you are mixing up the incidents with this current owner when in fact it was the previous. If you know different please post copies or names of those that claim that an NDA was forced upon them by Stellican…as I dont think they know who they are either.

Never been to Cyrils blog before the other day…nice blog. Sorry to see the anti-Indian Motorcycle crowd appear and try to whitewash it as Pro Indian but anti Stellican. I think it is time to go back to where I came as Cyril does not deserve this banter here. He gave an unbiased and honest review….just as others have in past two or three months of their visits to factory and the bikes they observed on dyno, racks, floor, etc.

Ride safe Don, Ed and John….wish you well.

50. 50 Vintage#144 May 2nd, 2008 at 10:32 pm

I must admit Cyril I havent read your postings about Indian , I dont care one way or another what Stellican does or doesnt do , I do want the name to survive though , I shouldnt have stated anything about you in perticuliar , thats not right or even smart, please except my apologies !

Brock , having one dealer (which isnt open ) , having one bike (yes I saw there website) doesnt amount to much , Ive see software companies and computer companies with great intentions and a solid product , tout how they will set the world on fire , only to not make it!

I hope your right at least the name might survive, I dont think putting a few changes to a Gilroy Chief is actually re-(building) Indian , lets face it , its a Gilroy Indian , nothing more , nothing less (which by the way I love,not a bad thing) maybe they should have said they were going to put out 20-40 bikes this year , stating there will be 750 bikes even for an ’09 model (which is really an ’04 model Gilroy Chief) may have been more effective , but hey who knows , I wish them well!

Once again , Cyril what I said about you or to you was uncalled for , for that I am sorry!

Ron knows me and knows I look at him as a friend, we dont have to agree to be friends!

51. 51 KC Cheef May 2nd, 2008 at 11:53 pm

You did not “misunderstand” what I read.
    You read what you wanted to think I would write.
    You might kind of step back from the bullshit you get fed on the Public Forum, and go back to thinking for yourself.

My question to Mr. Bernauer is still posted openly on this blog and awaiting an answer.
    My question referred to Stellican NDAs on GILROY BIKES.

Not to be confrontational–but your telling us that you have not seen or heard of any such NDAs — Well————————————————————

Hey Brock.
    When you say and I quote from your last post
    “How about LETS get Indian Motorcycles on the road first…then we can work on the other things.”
    Kind of sounds like you are working for them?

52. 52 Brock May 4th, 2008 at 5:12 pm

Nope Ed…not working for Indian. I cant say I might not enjoy the opportunity if a dealership was to open in Charleston but then I would work for the dealer owner not Indian so guess it is not same…as I am not moving from Charleston. I am not getting into this here as it is the same old story with you and the rest. You love Indian…just not any Indian post Gilroy. Those that think this bike is warmed over Gilroy are smoking crack…virtually none of the parts…the engine…the frame have been left untouched….it was all re engineered and made better. IT is what Gilroy should have done if they would have spent most of their money on engineering instead of salaries and marketing.
    Take care….I wont be back. I don’t like the company in here.

53. 53 Vintage#144 May 7th, 2008 at 1:57 pm

dont like the company here Brock? go back to the IIRA forum where the answers are all whitewashed and clean for ya then

54. 54 DangerousDan Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:46 pm

I can not believe how grown men behave. Just how is Indian suposed to survive? In the name of the sport please unite.

PS: This makes me glad I ride a Harley.