Women’s Day At Sturgis Top 50 Rally Park

Top 50 Rally Park, Independent Cycle Inc., and Legend Air-Suspension have joined forces to celebrate and honor women bikers by continuing the new Sturgis tradition of Top 50 Rally Park’s “Women’s Day” Thursday, August 7, 2008 at the Top 50 Rally Park.

The exclusive event celebrates the independence, freedom and adrenaline that inspire women to ride their own motorcycle, not just hang on for the ride. The highlight of the day is the Bike for Breast Cancer Awareness – EWC Top 50 Rally Park Charity Ride. This year’s event will benefit Brenda Fox, a motorcycle journalist and spokesperson for women in motorcycling. Brenda has been battling with breast cancer issues and rising medical bills. This year’s ride and charity auction proceeds will assist her in getting through this difficult time, allowing the industry to give back to the woman who has helped so many motorcycle builders and parts manufacturers. The ride begins at 12.00 noon. Registration begins at 10 a.m. and the registration fee is $15 per person.

The day will include short seminars for women, from well-known women in the industry. Laura Klock, the world’s fastest bagger record holder from Klock Werks Kustom Cycles with a land speed record of 147 mph will share riding tips for the racer or the daily rider at 11.15 AM to 11.45 AM  before leading the ride along side Brenda Fox. Jody Perewitz of Perewitz Cycle Fabrication has been on and around bikes her whole life. At 3:15 PM she will guide riders of all level of experience through motorcycle maintenance and customization that anyone can do for themselves. Following the ride, a live charity auction featuring motorcycle parts from some of the biggest names in the industry as well as celebrity items kicks off at 4:30 PM. These items were all donated by those influenced by Brenda Fox’s help and heart. Brenda Fox says “This project is helping me get stronger. I am so grateful. My health cramps my style right now, but having this to focus on is great.” Upcoming celebrity support will be featured on www.womenmotorcyclist.com and www.Top50RallyPark.com

9 Responses to “Women’s Day At Sturgis Top 50 Rally Park”

1. 1 Doc Robinson May 26th, 2008 at 8:44 am

Wow – sounds like a great day, a great cause and all in all, well worth attending. I know I’ll be there!

2. 2 Tim Kakos May 26th, 2008 at 11:25 am

Great cause!

I’ll be there too.
    How great to contribute to a motorcycle gal. Brenda you look young to be dealing with Breast Cancer and coming thru strong will help others.
    I support you and this ride %.

Ride on!

3. 3 rodent May 26th, 2008 at 7:35 pm

Do you people really need a ride, a rally, to be proded into sending money to your favorite charity?
    It seems to me that one can’t just ride a motorcycle for the pleasure of ride a motorcycle. There has to be a cause or a benifit in order to enjoy the fun yeah fun of riding a bike.
    Just get off your asses and send money via the internet or snail mail to the cause that you want to support.
    Sara Liberte wants to do a memorial deal in Sturgis for Wall of Death trick rider, Bonneville LSR holder, and Hall of Fame member, Samatha Morgan who pased away recently. A memorial was held in West Palm Beach Florida on the 25th of May for her mostly Florida friends and family, but Sara feels that Surgis could be the place for a memorial where many of her friends and admierers could attend.

You people got any ideas or wanna help contact her: www. sara@saraliberte.com

Sammy didn’t need a cause to ride her ’28 Indian Scout on the road or her ’31 Scout on the wall. She did it cause she loved it…love ya and miss ya Sammy

4. 4 Chris Hemmer May 26th, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Rodent. What you wrote doesn’t make any sense to me. People ride for pleasure. People ride for charity. People ride for the reason they want, when they want. Different times, different reasons to ride. Sammy rode because she liked it and made it her business. I am sure that in her life she also did some exhibitions to benefit a charity. So I really don’t understand you criticizing people who want to do a charity ride.

5. 5 rodent May 26th, 2008 at 10:06 pm

From where I sit it seems to me that every organized ride is a benifit and I never hear of a ride just for the sake of riding except by the 1% clubs….Do people go out and buy expensive motorcycles, insurance, garaging just so they can partake in charity rides….If so save the money and give it all to the charity….Motorcycles are not an excuse to give…they are to have the fun of the ride, cheap transportation, wind it the face except if you wear a full face helmet….
    As far as Sammy, the Drome was her life, plain and simple….she would walk on glowing coals to get to the drome!!

6. 6 One Bad Bitch May 27th, 2008 at 11:46 am

I get solicited every day to donate items for “this, that and the other”, and get weary trying to keep up with all the benifits, giveaways, and causes too. But the garbage coming from your mouth must be a direct result of the garbage you ingest. To denounce this event is a slap in the face to Brenda Fox. There’s a reason rodents are exterminated.

7. 7 Twin May 27th, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Rodent. “One Bad bitch” just told you. How can you object to a charity ride to help Brenda?!?! Of course, people can give directly and I am sure (hope) some do . Does it exclude a charity ride to reach more people. Of course not. You just insulted Brenda and it’s very wrong. Hope that some day you don’t need a charity ride.

8. 8 Choppertown May 27th, 2008 at 3:38 pm

This seems like it will be a great event…not to mention you can never have too much awareness for cancer. It takes down too many good people.

Also, I want to add Brenda Fox RULES!!! This woman isn’t only inspirational but also filled with life. If you have met Brenda even once you will remember her. She leaves you wanting to know more about her. Great seeing you again last week Brenda at the On Any Sunday event. Keep on rollin baby!

9. 9 David E May 27th, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Rodent – Bikers do ride and show support at Rallies!

Ever hear of Rolling Thunder?
    Ever wonder what Memorial Weekend is about?
    Rolling Thunder is a rally dude.
    I rode to support, I rode because I could and I rode with thousand of patriotic Americans.
    We ride because we can.
    I’m going to ride for the women – This is a great cause – and I’m going to ride because I love women!