From The Mind Of Rick Fairless. The Bettie Frame.

You knew Rick Fairless ultra custom bike named “Bettie”. Now discover the innovative frame that Rick used to build it. Not the average frame for the average project. This one-of-a-kind frame is now available and will help you build a very radical bike without having to fabricate any body sheet metal. As you can see, Bettie is a design fusion of the frame/gas tank/oil tank. It is constructed from custom bent .120 six inch tubing that has been sectioned to contain both the oil and the gas in the same tube. A 2″ dead air space insulates the oil tank from the gas tank. It is conceived to carry an 18″ x 300 rear tire on a rigid frame,. “Bettie” comes with rear axle and axle covers, and is also available in a Softail frame version. Specifications are: 3 inch out- 1 up, 45-degree rake, neck height is 19”, rear wheel 18” x 300, front wheel 21”, transmission setup is right side drive, and overall frame length is 71.5”. More info by calling 214-357-0707 or visit Strokers Dallas.

20 Responses to “From The Mind Of Rick Fairless. The Bettie Frame.”

1. 1 Donnie May 31st, 2008 at 11:37 am

Sure. Not for many bikes. It’s not ugly. Just very radical. The kind of frame forcing the style of bike. The end result is very predictable..

2. 2 ladyrider May 31st, 2008 at 3:05 pm

Most people say something is ugly because it is new and unlike anything they have ever seen before. This frame is beautiful because it is unique and creates an amazing piece of motorcycle art- doing something completely different than the norm. If you have ever seen Rick’s “Bettie” bike in person, you know what I mean. I can’t wait to see how other builders use this frame to create more stunning custom motorcycles.

3. 3 Brad May 31st, 2008 at 3:58 pm

I don’t think it’s ugly. What is different always disturb a little bit. It’s’s surprising and the way oil and gas tanks are setup together. Would like to see other bikes built on this frame..

4. 4 George Hemmer May 31st, 2008 at 3:59 pm

I think it’s cool.

5. 5 Pat Henry May 31st, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Why is it called Bettie?

6. 6 KCP May 31st, 2008 at 8:24 pm

Rick Fairless has a unique frame of mind. Pretty interesting.

7. 7 DJ CHOPPER GOD Jun 1st, 2008 at 3:50 am

Very Rick.

8. 8 rodent Jun 1st, 2008 at 8:17 am

At least it ain’t tie-dyed

9. 9 JT Jun 1st, 2008 at 11:57 am

This is pretty cool. Very unique. It’s hard to take a gas tank, engine and two wheel and do something different, but this does it. Can’t wait to see some of them on the road.

10. 10 Wayne B. Jun 1st, 2008 at 1:47 pm

JT, if I were you I wouldn’t hold my breath.

11. 11 Shawn1340 Jun 1st, 2008 at 1:50 pm

It’s certainly a feat of engineering to get all that functionality into one design! Rick spent some time on this for sure. I only wonder how it would stand up against daily riding.

12. 12 JT Jun 1st, 2008 at 2:49 pm

I just picked up the latest issue of Barnetts magazine & Freak Show Choppers out of Canada has the cover bike & it’s built on the “Bettie” frame. It looks really awesome! I don’t think people should criticize something just because it’s different. Isn’t that the idea, to create something different from everyone else, to be unique?

13. 13 Dave B. Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:08 pm

OK, let me be clear… I am not criticizing this frame because it is different, I am saying it ugly because I think it is ugly.
    As far as unique, well it isn’t even that. Many bikes with oil and fuel in the frame have been produced for years, even Buell has done it for several years now, racing bikes have done it forever.
    In fact I’ve seen different concept drawings by several builders/designers over the years that were similar to this, But nobody ever actually made them because they couldn’t make it look good.
    Bending a piece of 6″ tubing into an arc and welding a swingarm onto the back of it is not inspirational or unique… just ugly.

14. 14 Wayne B. Jun 1st, 2008 at 9:25 pm

J T,
    You got it …Freak Show Choppers

15. 15 June Murante Jun 2nd, 2008 at 8:07 am

Well I do not know much about bikes but It is not ugly it is just different. And I am not really sure who will ride it but I think more for women than men. It is very girly looking bright colors but like I said it is very different but kind of cool looking. Like I said for a girl. Good Luck

16. 16 Evo Jun 2nd, 2008 at 12:06 pm

it would be different if it was a unique design, but it is nothing more than a fat downtube on a standard style frame. C’mon, look at the new CFL2 frame or Jesse Rooke (love him or hate him) building Darla (a KTM powered chopper), or Roland Sands and the VR5 for Kenny Roberts. Now these are unique.

I have been to Strokers in Dallas and it is very impressive, Rick is a great guy and runs one hell of a impressive place, but this frame is simply disappointing… my only question is…. can I stick a whistle in the giant tube so I can make whirly noices while going down the road?

17. 17 Another Charles Jun 2nd, 2008 at 7:25 pm

About the only place I would ride this thing is in San Francisco. Y’all know what I mean.

18. 18 zakk Jun 3rd, 2008 at 8:51 am

Actually I am crazy about this “arc-oil” tank design.
    However, compared to this bike, I am much prefer the other one named “The Paisa” from some spanish guys. It is creative and pure. can’t wait to share.

19. 19 JT Jun 10th, 2008 at 11:05 am

Lucky Charm Who?

20. 20 Clark Jun 10th, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Looks like Rick ran out of 1 3\8″ tubing, remembered seeing some leftovers at a local
    construction site and decided to use that instead. If you’ve ever created something really
    cool and truely creative, then you have to have some crummy ideas first (that you usually
    ditch before anyone sees it), before coming up with the “Master Piece”. Kinda looks
    like Rick went with an idea and didn’t bother to ask anyone if it sucked!
    Kudos though cuz it’ll probably sell (for like $10k) and I still build my bikes in my garage…….