Biggest Single Cylinder Engine. 2000 CC

Franz Langer is a retired engineer living in Germany. His passion/obsession? Building the world’s largest single cylinder engine for a motorcycle. He started with an airplane engine and fitted inside a bigger and yet lighter piston.  The result is a 2000 cc engine that he mounted onto an old NSU Konsul getting Franz name added to the Guinness Book Of World Records. The quite funny part is that the bike uses a kickstart. To start it, you are better off weight more than 200 pounds and have a lot of time front of you, like being a retiree.

10 Responses to “Biggest Single Cylinder Engine. 2000 CC”

1. 1 Dennis Jun 2nd, 2008 at 3:19 pm

TOTALLY COOL! I would love to ride this myself.

2. 2 Dave B. Jun 2nd, 2008 at 7:59 pm

Well now, this looks kinda fun… wonder what kinda horsepower this this makes? I’d love to hear what it sounds like too.
    Hey Cyril, could you find out if this guy has a video with sound so we can see/hear it run?

3. 3 Ken Glenn (Rat Judge) Jun 3rd, 2008 at 11:23 am

With a kick start I hope he has a good knee surgon on call.

4. 4 Troy Jun 3rd, 2008 at 3:01 pm

I’ve worked with engineers for most of my life and haven’t met one yet who could kick-start that baby!

5. 5 burnout Jun 4th, 2008 at 9:42 pm

once again a bike that looks fun to ride………..and can sling me off at any time!! I like. peace

6. 6 Lyle Jun 5th, 2008 at 3:49 pm

I’m an engineer and most of my bikes are kickers. Although not that big. My hardest K start bike is a 600 thumper. Way harder than stroker HD’s. Can’t imagine what a 2000cc thumper’d be like…

7. 7 mac Jun 9th, 2008 at 6:56 pm

when’s it go on sale?
    how about a baby one at 1,000cc too?

8. 8 Bikerchick Nov 7th, 2008 at 10:08 am

WoW id love to ride this baby…naked! Bet its hard and fast!

9. 9 rozza Dec 7th, 2008 at 9:22 am

hey this bike looks awsome but surley the weight of the piston would shake it around a bit and it would be near impossible to start, i mean ive got a 400cc two stroke and thats a pain in the ass but this i mean seriously… i hope someone comes up with a vid..

10. 10 milo May 31st, 2009 at 2:18 am

He has already built a 1000cc one but others were about to overthrow him this is the ultimate statement. Mind there is always the guy who put one V of a merlin engine in a bike frame i believe about 5.600 Ltrs