Odyssey To The S&S Cycle 50th Anniversary Celebration

From tomorrow Thursday June 26th To Sunday the 29th, S&S Cycle is celebrating its 50th Anniversary and you already know that the main event is 50 Builders competing with their S&S powered customs to get a chance to win a $50,000 prize.  I had to decline my participation, but of course I have seen some of the new awesome bikes that my fellow builders are going to unveil during this show. Like this one built by Odyssey Motorcycles and called “Naga”, which is the name of a Chili Pepper found in India (you learn a lot in my Blog!). You are all invited to vote for each and every bike by going to the S&S 50th Build-Off Website (some builders still didn’t upload their bike picture. Not my fault!).

12 Responses to “Odyssey To The S&S Cycle 50th Anniversary Celebration”

1. 1 John Faber Jun 26th, 2008 at 1:23 am

I am putting my vote in for Arlen,Cory and Zach Ness – true innovators in this field. Its cool how bikes now have thin big 23 tires front and back .. I think lots of builders will go that route.

Being in Northern CA and having Arlen right down the road makes them our favorites!

Thanks for what you do Cyril!!

2. 2 BikerDATA.com Jun 26th, 2008 at 8:07 am

Hey Cyril:

The S&S Cycles 50th Anniversary images are already posted at Biker DATA website. I will be adding images everyday to the http://www.BikerDATA.com gallery. I got here Monday and got a full tour of the plant and been able to capture some great early images.

I am filming with Jesse Rooke today as the host of the 40 to 50 DVD series and we are getting ready to film Jesse actually building his bike for the entry of the S&S event. We are going to actually build it today at the S&S facility. We have several builders coming out to the plant and going to help Jesse. Cyril are you available to help and if so come on by if your in the area.

Talk soon,

Jeff Bartucci

3. 3 saorijohn Jun 26th, 2008 at 8:19 am

Hot Dock get my vote. In my humble opinion the non Americans have been the most creative.

4. 4 rodent Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:44 am

Cyril, we’re going to miss your partisipation in the building of one of the 50 bikes for S&S.

5. 5 CanyonCarver Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:22 am

I’ve known Bertrand Dubet of Odyssey Motorcycles for over 20 years. The crazy French innovator has got quite a few tricks up his sleeve. The fact that he resides in the European capital of aerospace industry (with Airbus), gives him access to amazing tooling and engineering talent.

The dude can do it all, from old-school traditional bobbers to carbon fiber concept bikes.

Vote for Odyssey Motorcycles!

6. 6 Dave B. Jun 26th, 2008 at 3:03 pm

I think Cook Customs has a great shovelhead entry… very nice bike indeed.

7. 7 Jeremy Jun 26th, 2008 at 6:42 pm

I followed the link to the S&S voting page. Several bike pictures are still missing from the site. There are a few nice pieces but overall it’s a little bit disappointing. Lack of money? I noticed, like for the AMD show, that many major builders don’t participate to this show. Eddie Trotta, Billy Lane, Roland Sands, Cyril Huze, Matt Hotch, Dave Perewitz, Keino, and many other greats . Are the builders paid or not by S&S? Is it the explanation?

8. 8 Adam Dermott Jun 26th, 2008 at 6:56 pm

A lot of europeans. But who are these builders, NC Machine & Tool, Bennett’s. G 2 motorsports, Wakan, Skeeter? Looking at the pics, it seems they are working in their garage. .

9. 9 Nicker Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:10 am

“…seems they are working in their garage…”

Adam, what’s your point….???

10. 10 Gomez Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:36 pm

I agree with Nicker…I like the choices of some of these “unknown” entries. Gives everyone a shot at the prize. G2 is big time in the NHRA drag racing scene with Buells (before that, numerous championships with Suzuki). The Euros (and Japanese) seem to have a different look to their bikes, should be interesting for sure. And I think it’s funny how someone can vote based on a name…Last I saw, most builders didn’t have their pics up yet.

11. 11 Mike Jul 1st, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Also, Skeeter is Skeeter Todd, he worked for CCI for years and now Rolling Thunder MFG.

12. 12 Gar Jul 3rd, 2008 at 3:40 pm

So many of the “Unknowns” were in there because so many of the “Knowns” told S&S to shove it.