Tonight Alan Lee On Reality Show Chopper Challenge

Today Wednesday July 2 at 8.30 PM EST on CMT, the new custom builder featured in this reality show series is Alan Lee building a “Monster Energy” theme motorcycle.  Every week, the 10-episode prime-time series presents a different bike builder constructing a custom motorcycle that incorporates a brand into the vehicle design. Previous shows included the Incredible Hulk, insurance company Geico and Time Warner Cable’s RoadRunner broadband service.

9 Responses to “Tonight Alan Lee On Reality Show Chopper Challenge”

1. 1 Gar Jul 2nd, 2008 at 10:42 am

Such an original idea for a TV show. Bet OCC is really crazy about this show.

2. 2 Evo Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:24 am

the first one was good…. it was technical. The rest suck! Who cares about “wacky antics” by guys who can’t act. Come on! Are we building bikes or taking tours of the city.
    What happened to shows that inform, teach and bring the passion of being a gearhead to the youth of today. I heard the Mitch Bergeron episode was a little less lame than the others.
    Just my .02

3. 3 Nicker Jul 2nd, 2008 at 2:54 pm

OK, lets go over this one more time.

“…. What happened to shows that inform …”

Well, a “show” is a business proposition.
    Pay-per-view requires enough viewers pay to for the content.
    Public air requires enough viewers to satisfy an advertiser.

Now, you tell me, (because i’ve stopped going years ago), do the vast majority of people you see or talk to at “custom bike events” care more about “information” or “wacky antics”…….. ?????

Face facts, to make a living building & selling “custom” scooters, ya need a consumer base.
    No consumers, no business. It’s that simple.

No skin off my nose, i’m retired.
    But those of you who need a “public” to sell to know your gonna have to swallow real hard and put up with the “general public.”

How many real “gear-heads” (those interested enough to buy and read a technical book) are left?

Lets face it, there never has been much of a market opportunity in %1 of the motorcycling public.

Just MHO

4. 4 Jeff & Robbie Jul 7th, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Waste of time with low lifes!!!

5. 5 Spam Jul 8th, 2008 at 12:47 am

The show is too much of a commercial to be a success with viewers. The same reason that OCC sucks. Which is too bad. The builders put in a lot of work and I’m sure they are all proud of the result. The show just sucks.

6. 6 Scout Jul 8th, 2008 at 4:41 pm

This is as good as a motorcycle show on cable TV can get these days. I’m proud to step forward invest in this opportunity by throwing drivetrains at passionate, talented, and genuine bike builders in the name of showing the public that there’s more to bike builders than what they’ve seen before. You want bad programming, I live it bro. You should see how bad the show premises are that run across my desk every week. Everybody with a motorcycle and a video camera from Best Buy wants to produce a show, then they come runing to me for sponsorship. It’s hard to deny their excitement. It sucks just as bad as their ideas do. Trust me, Chopper Challenge is pretty good.

With this Chopper Challenge, I invested in the hopes that our style of motorcycling stays around and not get lost to the crotch rocket kids in 10 years. I am glad to sit back and see hardcore enthusiasts watch the Chopper Challenge merely because it loosely resembles what they do. That is, when their not riding, wreching, drinking, hacking, or wrecking. Their passion keeps them interested in anything that appears to bleed into their world. I watch these guys find inspiration where it wasn’t intended to be found in the show. That’s hardcore. Hell, it’s better than watching American Idol or something gay like that. My bikeriding buds figured this much out. I’m just glad that the timeslot isn’t filled with “America’s Next Turd Decorator” or something. I’ll be drunk at the bike bar watching it tomorrow. It’s waaaayy fun that way. Try it. ~Peace.

7. 7 Nicker Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:24 am

Say what…???

“…You want bad programming, I live it bro….”
    “… I’ll be drunk at the bike bar watching it tomorrow. It’s waaaayy fun that way. Try it. ~Peace…”

What was it the Dean Wormer told Flounder….?
    Oh ya:
    “…fat , drunk, & stupid is no way to go through life son…”

What part of the Billy Lane saga is so hard to understand…..?
    And how much “Beer Moronics” does the industry need to “improve” it’s image?

8. 8 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian MotorCycles Jul 11th, 2008 at 1:16 pm

great stuff

9. 9 nick and dylan Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:51 pm

hey dude we are having a science fair and we wont to make the monster energy bike like you is it hard to make? what do we need to make this do we need a different carborater we think we need a 4 stroke moter for it to run am i right