Motorcycle Power Ports To Power Anything 12 Volts.

Wire Plus Electronics introduces their new line of “Power Ports” to connect and/or charge phones, GPS devices, laptops, portable music systems, cigarette lighters, heated gloves and vests. Any device that connects to a 12V power supply through a standard cigarette lighter can be charged with one of these Power Ports. Best of all, you can maintain and charge your battery through this port when not riding. Available in dual port or single port, they can be installed in minutes by connecting 2 wires to your battery and attaching the unit directly on either the horn bolt or to any other location with one bolt mounting. Simple, effective and immediate power right at your fingertips every time you ride! Available in chrome or black powder coated, starting at $69.00 MSRP for the Bullet Single Port and $94.50 MSRP for either Dual Port style. (Double Barrel or V-Twin). At Wire Plus.

11 Responses to “Motorcycle Power Ports To Power Anything 12 Volts.”

1. 1 Dressed Up Jul 22nd, 2008 at 2:53 pm

2. 2 Dave B. Jul 22nd, 2008 at 3:18 pm

I suppose I am a dinosaur, because this just seems like an item that will help steal the motorcycling experience away from you.
    I thought we rode motorcycles to disconnect (if only briefly) from the distractions of daily life, and not have them intrude into the one place we can get some peace of mind.

3. 3 Gar Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:44 pm

OH GREAT! Now I can ride my scooter and have a cell phone in one hand my laptop connected, hell maybe even a toaster oven hooked up as well AND I never have to get off my bike!! I almost forgot ….. my wife could be drying her hair as we go as well!

There is something terrible screwed up about this picture!!!!!!!!

4. 4 a 1 cycles Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:04 am

relax…if you rode in cold weather you can plug in your electric vest or jacket to increase your riding season…dont jumpt to conclusions. it is a very useful tool to increase your time away from the world while you ride. instead of buying the power port and electric clothes i chose to move to florida.

5. 5 rodent Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:39 pm

a much needed something for your garbage wagon

6. 6 J Jul 26th, 2008 at 11:03 am

Blah blah blah….. I suppose none of you have saddlebags, or even suspensions, huh?

Nice to see someone come out with a solution to a problem many riders have had- I carry a small air compressor, this solves some of the mickey-mouse wiring I’ve had to do at times to run it…… the battery charger feature also makes more sense than my charger wire hanging down near my exhaust.

Neat, tidy- sent my order off already today- thanks for the tip, Cyrill!

7. 7 TJ Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:15 pm

I think it’s a great idea! I have a GPS device that only last four hours on a single charge. Today I was about an hour and a half from home, when my GPS died. I wasn’t quite sure what roads to take, so I headed for the “Big Road” and took the the long way home. So again, I think it’s a great idea whose time has come. Thanks.

8. 8 Grumpa May 28th, 2010 at 12:29 am

Good place to plug in a lil’ compresor so you can plug, air it, and be back on the road instead of waiting for a tow!

9. 9 Grumpa May 28th, 2010 at 12:33 am

that would be “compressor”….it”s late!

10. 10 kmob Oct 26th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

3BR Powersports has a much more compact and weather proof power outlet called the Baryl Port. Its half the price of these items and comes with a “patented” universal mounting system that super easy to install. I use it for powering my GPS, iPod, cell phone, as well as a quick connect for my battery tender. The best thing about the Baryl Port is that it is weather proof even when in use! If it starts to rain, I don’t have to unplug my device and put the cover on the protect the power port from rusting and shorting out. 3BR also has a USB style power port for all the new gadgets that use USB chargers. Saves me from having to have a different charging cord for every device. Check them out @

11. 11 MG888 Sep 28th, 2011 at 1:45 am

Cool stuff – when you are tenting away from the beaten track….. I use alligator clips to hook up a 4 port cigarette lighter and USB port system to the motor cycle battery. While out in the NZ bush I recharge my GPS, Cell phone, SSB radio, reading light, iPod, iPad. Unlike the Baryl Port, this is not weatherproof – what a great idea to make it weatherproof!!

Cost of my project:

4 used cigarette lighter sockets from the auto wreckers: $10
    Jiffy box from the DIY shop – $6
    USB port out of a wrecked computer $0
    Cable, wire and croc clips – $2.50
    Half an hour of your time – (how much is it worth on a Sunday morning at 7:00 a.m.!!!!)

TOTAL Cash out: NZ$18.50 (approx US$12.00)

A soldering iron is required. A multimeter is useful to check continuity, but if you do not have one, you just need the car charger of your phone to test.

Whatever you choose to do – it is great to get power off your motor cycle battery and create a lifestyle.