S&S Air Cleaner Kit To Boost 2008 Victory Motorcycle Engines

Thanks to S&S Cycle, 2008 Victory owners can get an air cleaner kit that has consistently shown an increase of up to 20 horsepower over a stock 100ci Freedom engine. Used in conjunction with a set of Victory Stage 1 performance mufflers, this kit will give you an increase that you will definitely notice. No, you don’t have to open your engine. S&S Cycle.

15 Responses to “S&S Air Cleaner Kit To Boost 2008 Victory Motorcycle Engines”

1. 1 a 1 cycles Jul 24th, 2008 at 11:43 am

how do you retune the fuel injection? , my power commander book stops at 2006? more air more fuel. is the dealer doing it? i love more power for my customers..but we need to sell the whole package. if their is a victory dealer on cyrils blog please fill us in..thanks

2. 2 Nicker Jul 24th, 2008 at 2:58 pm

20 HP……???

“…has consistently shown an increase of up to 20 horsepower …”

What’s it replace, an oily rag…???

3. 3 a 1 cycles Jul 24th, 2008 at 5:14 pm

we are seeing upwards of 16 h.p. gain on 08 ultras and touring models with aircleaner and pipe upgrades..they are so choked up and silenced..09 will be worse..i believe the 20 h.p. gain..but the dyno tells no lies!

4. 4 burnout Jul 24th, 2008 at 6:09 pm

expect idle and starting issues. peace

5. 5 Nicker Jul 25th, 2008 at 3:11 am

That’s amazing!

Hell, i’d call ya a God if ya got 20 extra HP out-a pipes, jetting, Air-box, and timing mods.

6. 6 Kiwi Mike Tomas Jul 25th, 2008 at 12:37 pm

I have to say that the figures S&S generally provide are true figures obtained from a Sperflow dyno and reflect true SAE HP/Torgue. In most cases, most other manufacturers skew their results way higher than what the reality really is. Everything we have experienced that S&S has reported in their brochures has been duplicated on our Superflow dyno. I commend S&S for their honesty and integity.

7. 7 A 1 CYCLES Jul 25th, 2008 at 2:47 pm

nicker..we dont “jet” motorcycles much any,ore they are tuned with a computer..no gas on my fingers and complete control of the fuel system instead of 5 or 6 circuits to cover all of the bases. start up and idle is also fully controlled..people that comment on this blog should maybe hold there thoughts until they know the facts..kiwi mike is right in saying most manufactures skew there dyno numbers as do some shops..s&s does make h.p. claims and they usually are true

8. 8 Nicker Jul 25th, 2008 at 3:24 pm

I’m still calibrated to an era when 50 HP was a big deal., making a 20HP increase phenomenal.

My bad.

9. 9 KTHAMMER Jul 31st, 2008 at 5:47 pm

Hey, I put one on my 2005 Victory Hammer
    I took the bike in with a stage one system from the dealer already installed and Dyno’d the bike.
    Installed the S&S Big Air box with Map from S&S and Dyno’d again. 15 HP gain. Straight-up and I can feel it to.

Total up from stock is 27 HP with Airbox and New Mufflers.

This qualifies for a stage one upgrade. I want to see HD come close to a 27HP gain oh and I want to see a stage one HD even keep up:-)

10. 10 TranZen Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:00 pm

I installed it on my 07 chopped-out Hammer. I have had the pipes with Victory improved air box on since day one and it really smoothed it out but the air intakes are so small…what a joke. Why bother to design and manufacture such junk. Today after I left the shop with the S&S it was like launching a rocket ! Sounds deeper at the pipes and when you punch it you can here the air being sucked in kind of like a Holley 4 barrel. I don’t have acess to a dyno but those guys must be right. It’s cruel to not let your bike breathe.

11. 11 mike Mar 24th, 2009 at 8:39 pm

i have a s&s 112ci engine on my titan sidewinder how do i get more power and what upgrade filter and aircleaning set up ca ni get ? i have stock s&s super g …….

12. 12 Sam Apr 11th, 2009 at 7:24 am

Had my dealer install the S&S air cleaner on my 2006 Jackpot… I have idle issues now… I have absolutely complete confidence in the mechanic that did work and I can’t say enough good things about the dealer (HK Powersports). In fact S&S shipped me a defective air cleaner and because their “company policy” is to never overnight parts they were going to make me leave my bike at the dealer for a week while they ground shipped the replacement part… The service manager at the dealer got them to see the light and over night it (i.e.: you screwed up so you fix the problem).

So now it idles a little high (about 12K) and a little rough… I know that the mechanic was on the phone with Polaris and S&S trying to get this mapped correctly… I’m not a mechanic so I can’t really comment on specifics.

I can only imagine that there are a 1000 different possible reasons for this, but assume that you have a skilled, intelligent mechanic installing the S&S box on the 2006 Jackpot: is there a known issue that needs to be taken into account in order to get this thing tuned correctly?

13. 13 Mitch Apr 29th, 2009 at 9:45 am

Between my family and I we have had a total of 9 Victorys ranging from 2003- 2008. We have had the S&S airbox put on everyone of them and have never had a problem. The Dynos that I have had done show an increase in HP anywhere from 13hp-16hp with pipes. We had a tunning issue on one put the Victory mechanics figured it out after the second look. I dont want to put down your confidence or your mechanic but I would be questioning what he is doing wrong? It could also be that you have bad kit, I am sure S&S would be willing to consider their product as faulty? Good luck and I hope this allows you to keep your head up and get that 06 Jackpot out and running smoothly. It still cant be touched by any HD! 🙂

14. 14 Blair Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:40 pm

At the shop I go to in Red Deer, Canada, we discovered that S&S provided a corrupt map file (or it was corrupted in the downloading procedure). All of the parts were right but the bike did not/would not run correctly. S&S replaced the map and the bike has no issues now.

15. 15 Houndof Heaven Jun 4th, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Any one put the S&S’s on a 106 ci ’09 Jackpot? And how much does it cost?