Nick Lee’s World Burnout Tour

The world of motorcycle burnouts is a loud, action-packed, crowd-pleasing event, where the energy is as hot as the asphalt. It is all about the old school traditional burnouts, just like back in the day when traditional bikes swept the nation in search for the open highway. Welcome to The World Burnout Tour!! Carrying on the tradition of old school burnouts, Nick Lee is blowing tires and smokin’ the crowds. Native of Wisconsin, Nick has gained the notoriety as champion in the infamous burnout pits around the US. His high energy and free-standing burnouts has earned him trophies, cash, and the undisputed nickname ‘The Burnout King’. Nick is the undeniable pop culture and high-octane zeitgeist of this motor sport with his canonized style of motorcycle burnouts. He is noted for doing the longest motorcycle burnouts and actually starting bikes on fire! The World Burnout Tour will be a the Broken Spoke Campground from August 4 to 10.

10 Responses to “Nick Lee’s World Burnout Tour”

1. 1 burnout Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:34 am

now this is what I am talkin about! I will never reach the status of Nick Lee but I am doing my best to burn as many tires as I can! The same people that ask why I do such a thing to a perfectly good tire are the same people that are hollering the loudest while I am “performing”. I work hard so I can play hard. ALSO, I never do a burnout in the middle of a crowd! Remember kids, do not try this at home! peace

2. 2 a 1 cycles Aug 1st, 2008 at 1:24 pm

i love burnouts (not really) but the crowd does..and i just cant help myself with a crowd a couple of beers…look out. heres a good one

3. 3 Bryan Aug 1st, 2008 at 3:37 pm

I’ve never been a big fan of burnouts, but when I was in Daytona last year—I found myself getting into it. You have the crowd, the beer, the hotties—what more could you want?

4. 4 Nicker Aug 1st, 2008 at 7:28 pm

“… old school traditional burnouts…just like back in the day …”

What “old school” is this???

Sorry, i can’t rightly recall a single person willing to risk the mechanical well being of their scooter on such a stunt.

Maybe your talking about be the days after everyone started carying cellphones to call for a tow truck. Or maybe when people started transporting their bikes “on a run.”

Accidentally dropping the clutch a little too aggressively leaving an intersection, may be, but certainly not as a stunt.

But. in the days when ya actually needed your scoot te get back home….?? No way.

Sorry, not the then, not here, not in my memory bank…. anyway.

5. 5 Cj Hanlon Guilty Customs Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Cyril, Nick is set up here in sturgis with us at The Broken Spoke and we’re all anxious to see him do his magic! Seeing him just today do some warm-up passes with his bike i can see why he’s one of the few that can do this on a regular basis. People can’t get enough smoke and noise!
    Cj and Guilty Gang

6. 6 Freedomlaw Aug 2nd, 2008 at 1:15 pm

This reminds me of musicians who smash “perfectly good guitars.” Listen to the John Hiatt song by the same name. Adolescent behavior by adults always leaves me … wanting less.I had no idea there was a world burnout tour, but it shouldn’t surprise me. As a culture, we value high extroversion (noise and smoke) over quiet talent any day.

7. 7 MJ Reynolds for Aug 2nd, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Is this one of the events at the Limpnickie Lot? …. see Bill Dodge of Blings Cycles crash and burn on a skateboard, Taber Nash of Nash Motorcycle Company get shot continuously with paintballs and Chris Callen with Cyclesource give Pat from Led Sled a mini bike ride….Custom builders will also square off against each other in a high octane paintball flying fight for the flag! Watch Paul from Bare Knuckle Choppers and Duncan from Lucky Charm Choppers shoot the hell out of each other just for your entertainment!

8. 8 gustian Aug 5th, 2008 at 10:17 pm

It’s a way to spoil good money.

I never understood the pleasure of destroing a tire (with the risk of mechanical damage)

I’m with Nicker, my bike is to ride and not to make a circus-act of it. After I used it for a ride (which it is made for) I like to go home safely.

9. 9 skinner Aug 14th, 2008 at 7:31 pm

I challenge anyone to enjoy a machine and what it can do. Not just Toolin around but what a scooter in the right hands can do,like Nick Lee.

You Rock Rockett