2009 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Conceived for very long miles, the skeletal structure of the CVO Ultra is all new from the front wheel to the wide rear tire. This new Touring line has a modular frame for enhanced maneuverability, a new 180 mm rear tire with a higher weight rating, a new 2-into-1-into-2 exhaust system and other many other enhancements. The CVO Ultra is powered by the CVO-exclusive granite coated Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110-cid (1800 cc) engine, the largest displacement production engine offered by Harley-Davidson, producing 113 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm.  Extra amenities for 2009 are such as a Tour-Pak mounting rack with increased carrying capacity, mid-frame air deflectors, and lighting and electrical updates that include shorter antennas. Fuel tank is 6-gallon, brakes from Brembo with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS). Approximately 4,200 examples of the 2009 CVO Ultra will be assembled at the York Vehicle Operations facility. The suggested U.S. retail price for the 2009 CVO Ultra is $35,499 ($35,699 in California).

12 Responses to “2009 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide”

1. 1 G-WIZARD Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:20 pm

I WONDER IF WHEN YOU SIT ON THIS IF IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE RIGHT ON TOP OF THE HANDLE BARS LIKE MOST OF THEM. THIS HAS BEEN THE ONE MAIN REASON FOR ME NOT BUYING ONE. I DO NOT LIKE TO FEEL CRAMPED WHEN I RIDE. I DO LIKE THE TOUR PACKAGE GROUP BUT I DO NOT LIKE THE FEEL OF SITTING RIGHT ON TOP OF THE HANDLE BARS. I WISH HARLEY WOULD STRETCH THEM OUT JUST A TAD BITE OR PUT MORE OF A SLOP FROM THE SEAT POSITION. I THINK THEY WOULD SALE MANY MORE OF THEM IF THE CONFORT WAS MORE CENTERED ON THE RIDER, THAN THE LOOK. IF YO PUT THE AFTER MARKET SEATS ON THEM THEN YOU CAN GET A BETTER SLOP AND BETTER FIT BUT WHY CAN’T HARLEY TO THIS FROM THE FACTORY?

2. 2 IronHorse Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:13 am

I’m with you Wizard. At 6’5″, I feel like my knees are stuck under my chin when I sit on this line of bikes. Harley needs to stretch the frame a good 4″ to make this frame style fit those of us that are taller than the norm. I’m pretty sure that there are lots of riders who feel the same way about this.

3. 3 Asa Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:06 am

I agree I feel like I am going down hill all the time on this type bike ,Its a strange sensation .

4. 4 Jeff Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:59 pm

I thought the same thing at first. After a couple of hours it is a very comfortable riding position. You just have to get used to it. Also for the extra tall you can adjust the running boards, get a different seat, handlebars, etc. for a custom fit. It is the best bike I have ever owned. Not the fastest, but the best.

Jeff in Charlotte
    2003 Ultra Classic

5. 5 steveb Aug 2nd, 2008 at 9:08 am

as a long time bagger pilot, ive found it easy to get myself in the prime spot…noodling with seats, bars, floorboards – all make it easy to modify your seating and riding position – do it once do it right and your loving life doing big mileage days.

easy to do (well bars are a PITA, i’ll give ya that) w/out a big outlay of cash

6. 6 Buzz Kanter Aug 4th, 2008 at 9:14 am

We at American Iron Magazine http://www.aimag.com, have already spent some time on the new 2009 platform and wrote all about the ride and the tech aspects of it in the current issue on sale now.

Chris Maida and I really liked it and felt it was a massive improvement over the 2008 and earlier version.

7. 7 David Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:16 pm

They uilt the new platform so they would have something to bolt the new trike stuff to.

8. 8 rickd Sep 4th, 2008 at 12:44 am

So…

Any recommendations on the right bars for us big folk (6’5″)?

I like the ride and I’m OK with the feet – great with the highway pegs – but I do feel like my hands are almost resting on my knees when I’m on the bike…and I buy that in time we adjust, but since I sorta feel like it’s making me lean forward AND I already have a bad back…higher handlebars further forward would be best…and OBTW, I need handlebars that will work with an ABS bike.

THanks

9. 9 Bob Mar 15th, 2009 at 10:33 am

I bought a 2008 ultra glide in Rapid City last year, rode it out to west coast & traded it in for the 2009 within a month- reason was the heat build up and performance- there is a big change in the 2009 I have over 3500 miles on it so far. changes I’ve made are- added road pegs to move my legs on long road trips,monster ovals,stage air cleaner & fuel pack, changed out back shocks lowering bike 3/4″ – one more change I did was quick change for top pack-trying to give it a bagger look for short runs.
    at 65 years old it’s the best Harley I’ve owned!

10. 10 Peter May 18th, 2009 at 10:00 pm

I agree with Bob, I bought a 2009 and feel all the changes make this the one to own on a long trip. Any one over 6’5″ is going to agree that making some changes for comfort are a good investment. Me, I am 6′ tall and found the bike perfect. Other than a little change with the blue paint scheme paint I recovered the seat. Next I will work on the performance but until then love it!

11. 11 Mac Jul 4th, 2009 at 5:10 am

I also had a problem with the 2009 Ultra seat. I am 6’2″ and felt like I was riding way too high and too close to the tank. I changed the seat out for a Tall Boy seat from Harley for $300 and it’s like a different bike. I am back to my normal position of riding and the bike feels like my Heritage now. Well worth the investment if you do a lot of miles and want to feel like you’re closer to the ground. No sacrafice in comfort either, just a lower seat that puts but back where you belong.

12. 12 Wayne Jul 22nd, 2009 at 10:35 am

I’m looking at picking up an 2009 Ultra soon. Has anyone had or heard of any mechanical problem being that this is the first year for all the changes?

Thanks Wayne

Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc.
Affliction Holdings, LLC