John McCain And Barack Obama About American Motorcycles

I am not sure I want to get political in my Blog, but when both presidential candidates start talking motorcycles, I think it’s worth a post.  A new Obama radio ad in Wisconsin, Harley-Davidson home state, is attacking McCain over his statement to bikers in Sturgis. McCain stated: “Not long ago a couple of hundred thousand Berliners made a lot of noise for my opponent. I’ll much rather listen to the roar of 50,000 Harleys any day than the cheering of 200,000 Berliners”. In its ad, Obama campaign replied with the following: “Listen to John Mc Cain speaking to motorcycle enthusiasts in Sturgis. But when it comes to his record, American-made motorcycles like Harleys don’t matter to John McCain. Back in Washington, McCain opposed the requirement that the government buy American-made motorcycles. And he said all buy-American provisions were quote ‘disgraceful.’ Surprised? You shouldn’t be. This is the same John McCain who supported billions in tax breaks for companies who ship American jobs overseas.” Who won this one? I let you decide.

65 Responses to “John McCain And Barack Obama About American Motorcycles”

1. 1 Mike Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:29 am

Barack all the way baby!

2. 2 steveb Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:29 am

I hate that these tools drag our passion into the fray for their own self-serving purposes..IMSHO they both stink like day old fish.

we deserve better

3. 3 Karen Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:01 am

Politicians are hypocrites. Ready to do and say anything to get elected (you can’t be sued for making lies during a presidential campaign!!!). Support Obama because much less hypocrite that his opponent.

4. 4 Dan Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:06 am

In all his speeches MCCain repeats “my friends” every 5 minutes. Hate it. Demagogy,

5. 5 Arty Martinez Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:09 am

Evidently, none of them care and will ever care about bikers.

6. 6 Bryan Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:25 am

I don’t see McCain or Obama on a RoadKing… These guys mention enthusiast groups and associations only when it benefits their campaigns. Their both nothing but talk—when all is said an done and either one of them is elected, they’ll make good on none of the promises they’ve been feeding Americans these many months.

7. 7 RON Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:41 am

All these candidates scare the bejesus out of me, but Obama is worse. At least McCain is a veteren, not a born again Muslim!

8. 8 burnout Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:24 am

“Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end” author unknown. As far as these two “politicians” go…………….. it stinketh to the high heavens! I am reminded of some movie, can’t remember the title, where the office of president is considered the lowest job one can have. Sounds good to me, hell put a 5th grader in there, Really, how much worse could it get? peace

9. 9 hoyt Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:51 am

RON says, “Born again Muslim!”

RON – wake up.

First of all, Obama is not a Muslim.

Second, while you feel better about one candidate because he is a veteran (the men and women who fight for our freedom, including freedom of religion), you hypocritically and falsely hold one’s religion against the other candidate. That is a mockery of all of the veteran’s efforts to preserve the Bill of Rights.

Bush was a veteran too and look at the last 8 years.

McCain is not fit for this job, regardless of political leanings.

10. 10 Rick Fostery Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:37 pm

Ron. Hoyt is right. Obama is not a reborn Muslim. It comes from a campaign orchestrated by the Republican supporters to discredit Obama. And you repeat like an idiot. Since when being a veteran (you can’t even spell this word) gives you the right and the qualification to be President? Vote for who you want, but not with false assumptions. It’s people like you who help dumb politicians being elected.

11. 11 MM Billetworks Aug 13th, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Neither is ideal to lead our great nation. Both candidates have question marks. One suggestion is to look who and which groups support each candidate. People & Groups will align themselves with candidates with whom they share similar goals.

Candidates will serve many “untruths” to listeners on the campaign trail, but behind closed doors, make their own little deals.

It is unfortunate we do not have better candidates to select for the Presidency.

12. 12 Unwilling Republican Aug 13th, 2008 at 1:42 pm

I am a LONG time Democrat, but Senate time of 143 days total attendance and reading his books has me looking toward the experience, rather than the untested. I need to know what KIND of Man is he? This may be the first time in my life I voted for a republican president! HELP me change my mind, fellow Democrats!!!!

Below are a few lines from Obama’s books; In his words!

From Dreams of My Father: ‘I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.’

From Dreams of My Father : ‘I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race.’

From Dreams of My Father: ‘There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.’

From Dreams of My Father: ‘It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.’

From Dreams of My Father: ‘I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa , that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.’

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: ‘I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.’

13. 13 Knucklehead Aug 13th, 2008 at 2:00 pm

Karen and Willing I think have said it right. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA. Not Sr. Our troops fight for these freedoms that in Korea, Cuba or once Iraq. You could die for what we are doing here. So vote as you please bad mouthing ones freedom is un-American in my mind. To bad Ron Paul did not make it. He is known on the Hill for his honor as a man and countryman.

14. 14 Rick Fostery Aug 13th, 2008 at 2:22 pm

To “Unwillig Republican”. All the sentences you reproduced above are taken out of context. It’s what Republicans do, making words and sentences look like they mean the opposite of what they intended to mean. Be honest. Obama never thought, never said he was with muslims (or terrorists) against America. Be honest, explain in which context it was said. Shame on you.

15. 15 Gar Aug 13th, 2008 at 2:45 pm

We are all screwed if Husain Obama is elected.

Get your check books out and get ready for some good old Democrat Taxation.

Get ready for Hillary to be nominated and confirmed to the Supreme Court,

Get ready for 14% of America’s population to have a new lease on life, and increased welfare checks, in America.

Get ready America for the tail to wag the dog.

In my opinion both Husain Obama and his radical wife are both terrorists in waiting, waiting to sell out America.

Could this idiot be the Anti-Christ? Some believe he is.

16. 16 Rick Fostery Aug 13th, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Is it possible that some of you are color prejudiced?

17. 17 Gar Aug 13th, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Rick,

Oh yeah, throw the race card down. When all else fails use the “he be black defense”. Screw that and anyone who would use it.

This clown is not qualified to be President of The United States! He has no Government or Real Life management experience, he has only a short time in the Senate, he has no foreign policy or experience, he has no domestic economic experience, he has very, very little legislative experience —- nothing. His only redeeming quality is that he is black and only half black at that, period. Therefore he can count on the Oprah vote, most of the Black vote, the Liberal “I voted for the first black for President” vote (always good to discuss at a liberal poetry reading get together) and the “I am too stupid to make a decision and my professor says I should vote for the liberal” college vote.

In the end McCain will be elected President and the blacks will burn a few of their own neighborhoods and all will be good in America again.

I have no problem voting for a qualified black for President, the problem is as I have explained; there is no qualified black running for President. Hell I don’t believe we have a qualified PERSON running for President, period! This election will be won by the lesser of two evils! At least McCain is an America Hero with no ties to Islam!

18. 18 hoyt Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:28 pm

Gar, “Oh yeah, throw the race card down. When all else fails use the “he be black defense”. ”

Gar – your credibility is shot to hell when you contradict yourself with so few words…”we be black” sounds awfully like a racial comment all the while you are claiming someone is calling the race card.

Brutal.

“Real Life Management Experience” – What is this?

“ties to Islam” – what? where? because of a middle name? Turn off Fox News once in awhile.

What do you think of bushie ushering the bin Laden family out of the country in the days after 9/11 when every other plane was grounded? Look into the Bush family’s business ties to the bin Laden family before continuing to contradict yourself.

McCain whores himself to the religious right who are just as weird as radical Islam and just as dangerous. Believe it.

Unwilling Republican – Anyone can pose as a “lifelong Democrat” blah, blah or whatever you want to pose as. Since you have elected to take passages out of context, everyone look at the attached clips of McCain.

McCain said, “I’m going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military & foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated.”

In the clip below, McCain said to Tim Russert, “I don’t know where you got that quote from….”

(feel free to search youtube for “McCain” and you will see it)

McCain talks in circles more than most politicians

19. 19 Justin Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:06 pm

Did clinton & Bush had foreign policy experience? Don’t think so. One did ok. the other one did what you know…

78% of polled Europeans prefer Obama as the next President. That you care or not, does it mean a lot about what the world think of the US and of its economic and foreign policies?

And now that we support Georgia (agree with this one) we have a new big problem with Russia.

Nobody’s worried?

20. 20 Gar Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Hoyt,

It isn’t “we be black” it was “he be black” and that is the exact term that Rev. Jesse Jackson used in a speech several months ago. Just using the Dem’s own words against them.

Real Life Management Experience relates to some form of business experience or management of a business or organization, and FYI: I don’t consider working for a governmental office “business or management” experience. This guy falls into the category of other former Democrat Presidential hopefuls and Presidents —- the government has been their total source of income during their entire adult life.

A tie to Islam —- His father is Muslim as well as that whole side of his family. That is a fact and Fox News has nothing to do with that. Maybe you should listen to Fox News on occasion and let the drive by media take a rest. The media drive bys have already annoyed Obama the second coming of Christ and the next President of the US —- of course they did the same thing with Al “the world is ending-the world is ending) Gore and John (I am a Viet Nam Hero) Kerry.

In typical Democrat fashion you change the subject to the hated Bush Family dynesty …. what has Bin Laden to do with this? Maybe that would be something to ask Husain Obama or as I prefer to can him “Osama Obama”. Just a thought.

Nothing like a spirited political discussion! I love this shit!!!!!!!!

21. 21 Dave B. Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:18 pm

More useless political rhetoric, neither of these gus give a crap about bikes, bikers, or anything else that matters to ordinary citizens… but at least McCain has served his country, and in my opinion that should be mandatory for all presidential candidates.

22. 22 Gar Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:21 pm

Justin,

Damn man maybe we should let the Europeans vote for our next President. Why should we waste our time when the rest of the world has already made our decision for us?

My opinion is _UCK THE REST OF THE WORLD AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON! They can all suck my —– well you get the picture.

I must have missed the Clinton foreign policy —– oh yes I remember it now —– “send them some money and all will be well —- has anyone seen Monica?”

23. 23 Gar Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Dave B.,

RIGHT YOU ARE SIR !

24. 24 Justin Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Hey everybody. The article was about our presidential candidates and motorcycles. We all agree on this one. They don’t care about bikers. I don’t think that mockery on both sides (more coming from McCain side) will work with voters (on both sides).

25. 25 Lee Wimmer Aug 13th, 2008 at 7:54 pm

I have to agree with Knucklehead, Too bad indeed that Ron Paul is not one of the canidates. We deserve so much more than either of the two that the polical machine has delt us. I for one am getting tired of having to go vote for the LESSER of two evils.

26. 26 Captain Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:24 pm

Change!

27. 27 Nicker Aug 14th, 2008 at 12:49 am

Captin,

You want change?
    If Obama get elected we’re gonna get change, the kinda taxes that are required to support a Socialist system. Gar had that exactly right.

But is Obama Gar’s Anti Christ…?
    Not IMHO.
    He’s just your average vanilla flavored Sol Alinsky activist.
    But the problem is every Marxist, Communist, and Global Islamic Terrorist is supporting his bid for the White House. And if he makes it, what do ya wanna bet they’ll be right there in the middle of the action.

-nicker-

28. 28 Scott Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:21 am

Neither one of them would know the difference between a panhead and a bone head so there for they both suck.

29. 29 Slag Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:33 am

Sonny Barger for president !

30. 30 Pop Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:35 am

Lee, once upon a time I was caught up in the “lesser of two evils” syndrome. I now realize that it’s a lie we tell ourselves and it is propogated by the Republican National Committee and the Democratic National Committee, two of the most corrupt and treacherous organizations at work behind the scenes in this country. Working together they long ago agreed to limit or eliminate any other parties from fair and equal consideration and they have sought every angle to maintain the tension that is now called “the two party system”.
    It’s a lie, and when we choose between the two candidates they offer, when we tell ourselves that a vote for a candidate from a third party is a wasted vote, when we say that we have to make a choice between “the lesser of TWO evils”, we are spitting on the precious right to vote that so many have died to preserve.

If you liked Ron Paul there is the Libertarian party candidate Bob Barr, who offers many more of the Paul intitiatives than either McCain or Obama.

There are 52 candidates for Miss America but only two for President of the United States! WTF!!! Are we that dumb that we only deserve to choose between two? Might as well be a Dennys menu and we just point and grunt at the picture of the meal we want.

31. 31 Fausto Simoes Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:12 am

Too bad people don’t get elected based on their experience, past achievements, relevant education and the percieved ability to properly manage such a huge organization.

For such an important job is seems to be trivalized to a popularity contest with both contestants focusing on the other’s “negative aspects” without any factual arguments of why they themselves are the right candidate for the job.

I agree with Pop.

In a country with 330 million people how is it possible there are only two candidates to choose from?

32. 32 Rogue Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:33 am

I will give John McCain credit for going to Sturgis and addressing motorcycle riders.
    I does show that he had a interest in their votes.Many politicians are starting to realize some motorcycle riders are very involved in politics and rights.
    The traffic on I-90 from the Rt 34 exit leading to the Chip was backed up past the Junction exit. A lot of people went to hear what he had to say and there was plenty of good talk about him around town.
    Now Barack Obama’ realizes it is some thing he should have done as well. To me he is to late.
    I personally like John McCain and will Vote for him.
    Everyone will have to make their own decisions on what they think is best for them, their family and this country. Hopefully it will be the right decision as we all will have to live with it.
    Please be sure to VOTE!!!!

33. 33 madpuppy Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:44 am

You said it Pops, I agree.. But its not going to happen in our life time. If Osama Obama gets in there, he will continue for ” the New World Order ” where we have ONE person run the entire world !
    And because it does come down to only two [people I think my vote will go to the guy who went to Sturgis and ” Campaigned with American Bikers ” rather than the guy who campaigns in a “foreign” country. Just my two cents. PS I don’t care that McCain doesn’t know squat about Bikes or Bikers, at;east he Campaigned in America with Real Americans !

34. 34 rodent Aug 14th, 2008 at 10:19 am

We’re screwed with either one

35. 35 Gar Aug 14th, 2008 at 10:59 am

Rodent,

Yes, but we are screwed much, much less with McCain. Osama Obama will screw the pooch with this country.

36. 36 burnout Aug 14th, 2008 at 11:14 am

I heard an old biker years ago say that, in the future, true wealth will be measured in lead………. I really hope not. peace

37. 37 Greg Hoeve Aug 14th, 2008 at 12:52 pm

I for one feel we need and additonal box to check in the voting booth. It should be labeled “NONE OF THE ABOVE” ! If I can do that on any other multiple choice test, why not in something as important as a presidential election? We should be able to vote to reject these blunderheads until the political parties that be put up someone we can support.

38. 38 hoyt Aug 14th, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Gar: “the government has been their total source of income during their entire adult life”

How many past and present leaders of this nation have had the government be the total source of income their entire adult life? This seems to be “drive-by” or “headline-shallow contemplation” rationale. Certainly Generals and other career-military leaders should not be criticized for : “Real Life Management Experience relates to some form of business experience or management of a business or organization”. Further more, if you want someone with business management as a pre-requisite, then make sure they have a better success rate than “W”. His personal business management failures are plentiful, even when they’ve been handed to him.

You are inadequately and underestimating Obama’s successful career as a community volunteer and civil rights attorney. People are driven to be entrepreneurs, doctors, engineers, etc. very early in life. Public Service careers are no different. I am also not playing the race card when I say that his success is underscored when doing these things as a “minority”. It is not playing the race card one way or the other….just acknowledging the fact that it is still more difficult for a minority to accomplish things than whites. Reality.

Gar: “A tie to Islam —- His father is Muslim as well as that whole side of his family. That is a fact and Fox News has nothing to do with that. Maybe you should listen to Fox News on occasion and let the drive by media take a rest. ”

Ok, everyone, his father and that side of the family is Muslim…Well then, that must mean he is Muslim. Bad logic, Gar. Paranoia too. My sister is a Republican, but I am not (nor am I a Democrat). Get the picture?

In addition, what does the Bill of Rights mean to you when you hold someone’s religion against them in this country? You are a walking contradiction in this free nation.

note: I have had a serious problem with Muslims not speaking out against their deranged radical minority. This is changing…google “Muslims speaking out against radical Muslims” as a start to see the majority of Muslims are starting to speak up (finally). It would be nice to see more action from high-ranking Muslim clerics. For example, I couldn’t imagine what the Pope, Bishops, etc. would be doing if there were radical groups of Catholics carrying out violent attacks on innocent people.

Gar: “John (I am a Viet Nam Hero) Kerry.”

And remind us of Bush’s Vietnam service? I don’t support either of them, but I know one of them served bravely and the other did not, so you spew another lame argument.

Gar: “In typical Democrat fashion you change the subject to the hated Bush Family dynesty …. what has Bin Laden to do with this?”

In typical Democrat fashion?

First, I am not a registered Democrat (or a Muslim if anyone thinks that).

Second, I didn’t change any subject. You claimed Obama has ties to Islam. This is not true. Someone’s family member’s religion does not tie them to anything. In fact, it could turn them against it more so than if they were a stranger. This can be seen in thousands of households all across this country.

There are however, business ties to the Bush family and the Obama family. Ties stemming from that amount of money speaks louder than any religious ties ever will.

Gar: “My opinion is _UCK THE REST OF THE WORLD AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON!”

You do realize that our economy is entrenched in other global economies, right? There is enough engineering, manufacturing, medical, etc. talent throughout the world that companies & individuals throughout the world have choices. They can choose some other good or service that is not American-made. This does not suggest I let other countries place my vote, but your “Go it alone attitude” does not work militarily or economically.

Ask HD what is helping them through this fiscal year? International sales or domestic?

Pop –

excellent points about the need for many other choices. We need to push for change in the whole methodology of hiring our Public Service employees. Technology is available to make this happen. What has Bush done to this end? Considering the 2000 election, significant framework should have been put in place in the last 8 years.

39. 39 hoyt Aug 14th, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Gar – you claim I was changing the subject by bringing up Bush. McCain’s rhetoric and policies are more Bush-like than Obama by a huge margin.

What is Bush’s approval rating?

Correlate the Bush/McCain policy similarities and then decide if that influences a vote for more dissatisfaction.

40. 40 Gar Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Hoyt,

The Bush approval ratings are 20 points higher that the approval ratings of Congress. The bulk of the Congress is Democrat if memory serves me correctly. What does that tell you?

Just for my own edification: What does the approval ratings have to do with the price of tea in China? I have never been asked if I approve or not, have you? The Drive By Media are the ones who come up with these statistics so I am sure they are fair. Why don’t we ask some of the American Military (who voted overwhelmingly for President Bush) if they approve of the Bush Administration and the Administrations policies in Iraq or not ——- that is never reported in the media.

41. 41 Asa Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:12 pm

Well Guys you have covered almost everything about both ,But when Obama and Hiliary debated and at the start they said Pledge of allegiance and Obama would not put his hand on his chest I said right then and there he is un AMERICAN B—ard and I would not vote for him to run a boy scout troop meeting . He is tretrous to our Great Country and what we were built on. I dont Vote either party I vote for the man and fellow bikers He Aint that Man .

42. 42 Gunrunner Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Since this is the most responses I have ever seen on Cyril’s Blog – I might as well join in…

If anyone is hiring anybody for any job, they need to have experience with that occupation – Obama Hussein has none of that.

I don’t understand what is wrong with a lot of people in the US, but I’m voting a American this year, and it is really tough to get more American then someone that has served this country… especially a POW.

43. 43 Knucklehead Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Nicker said it right. Bin Ladin said they would get us from with in.

44. 44 hoyt Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Gar – let’s hear from the troops. All of them.

Congress can’t get anything done in large part due to the current administration. Period.

Asa – sorry your vote boils down to that single moment. And I thought one-issue voters were bad enough. Obama is more American than most Americans.

Gunrunner – “especially a POW”.

Reality check –

1. The affect of a POW experience on someone’s life can run the spectrum:

a. make them stronger
    b. make them deranged & unstable
    c. ….and anywhere in between.

2. Anyone in the armed forces while in combat can be faced with being a POW.

– the military has unintelligent & intelligent, front-line soldiers
    – the military has officers
    ….and anywhere in between.

In terms of service, there is a lot of service domestically that should not be discounted, especially volunteer work. This is not to discount military service at all, but to point out service comes in many forms.

Thomas Jefferson (as well as 11 other Presidents) did not have military experience.
    Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Johnson had no church affiliation.

Look at the video. McCain downright lies about having “extensive” knowledge on the economy after stating to the Washington Post, “I’m going to be honest…I still need to be educated (on the economy)”. Then later states, “I need no on the job training”

The man lies to HIMSELF.

Look at the footage of him and Lieberman: McCain is pathetically clueless. A drone reciting words and is not engaged while in Iraq….

45. 45 Gar Aug 14th, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Osama Obama needs to be feared! He loathes this country and the military (as did the Clinton’s) as does his wife!

Civil service, handing welfare checks out and demonstrating for the “Black Cause” does not count as being independently employed .. sorry! Do some time in the military and stand up for the country you love then that will go a long way toward a positive line item on a person’s Presidential resume. In my opinion if you do not have military experience you are not entitled to run for the highest office in the land.

Osama’s only redeeming quality is that he is black.

I am still waiting for him to stop the “Change” mantra and give some explanations of what change he has in mind and how he expects to implement those changes. I can assure you his main plan is the same as all Democrats —- steal from the middle and upper class and support their voter base, the welfare recipients. Personally I am tired of paying 50% of my income in taxes. If he has his way that 50% will jump to 90%.

FYI: Would that be John “Swift Boat” Kerry you are pounding the hero drum for?

46. 46 hoyt Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Again, your credibility is shot to hell with comments like the above. Your comments are working against McCain.

Where did I pound any drum for Kerry other than state he served more in Vietnam than bushie.

The bushie that turned a surplus into a deficit, including closing in on a half trillion dollar war. The same war that McCain states we may be there for 100 years.

bin Laden is beating us from within all right…. a half trillion dollars and counting.

Who said anything about counting anything towards being independently employed except you?

How has Bush and McCain shown to be independently employed? Both of them were paid by the military and/or government office for the majority of their lives.

McCain joking about bombing Iran….”ba-ba-bomb Iran”.

Questionable judgment on his part is an understatement. Is he so foolish to not realize certain NRA members also have access to the internet to post this footage, all the while he plays the good old boy patronizing game pretty well.

47. 47 cheesydoesit Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:52 pm

We all fucked up by allowing the media to pick these two for us. They were the two that they focused on the most from the beginning. They picked em, we let em. Ron Paul come back, you are our only hope!!! They were afraid of Ron and completely ignored him…making the majority of voters unaware of him and his policies on purpose. As long as we allow it to happen, big business in America will forever pick our Presidents.

48. 48 Gar Aug 14th, 2008 at 6:05 pm

Bushies unit was never called to Viet Nam so why would he serve in theater? I suppose all of the other members of his unit must be as worthless as well as they never served in Viet Nam either. Bushie, as I recall, was an Air National Guard fighter pilot.

Less we forget Bushie, as you refer to him, was very successful with Major League Baseball as principle owner of the Rangers, he was successful in the oil business, as was his father, as well as many other successful ventures.

McCain retired from the military, after 20 years of service. That, in my opinion, is a job well done.

Surplus with the budget …. bullcrap! There was never a surplus, that was a “Projected Surplus” by our former Democratic Presidential Hero, Bill Clinton. War is expensive so naturally we will deepen any existing deficit!

Also, have you forgotten 911 —- you surely remember that —- what would you have “Bushie” do? Set on his thumbs and chant “I hope they don’t do that again. I hope they don’t do that again”? That is exactly what Al Gore or John Kerry would have done.

Bushie did exactly the right and prudent thing. We kicked ass in Afghanistan and Iraq (if Iran doesn’t lay low I wouldn’t be surprised if they were not next). The United States of American can not allow ourselves to be bullied in the world arena. Now I know that hurts your heart to hear that as our friends in Europe might disagree or have their feeling hurt, but then you already know how I feel about that. I have an idea. Maybe you should take a minute and go hug your life sized doll of Michael Moore and kiss your picture of Barbara Streisand that should make you feel better.

Question: Have you ever served in the Military? I’ll bet your strong suit was volunteer work, wasn’t it? (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) Before you ask, Yes I did serve and Yes I served two (2) tours in Viet Nam.

At the risk of repeating myself: There is nothing like a spirited political discussion! I love this shit!!!!!!!!

49. 49 Keith Aug 14th, 2008 at 6:31 pm

No question, and as usual, we are stuck once agian with “The lesser of two evils.”
    And once again, the masses subscribe to this without quesitoning how pointless it all is.
    Bottom line, I wouldn’t vote for either of them with a clear conscience…I’d take Ron Paul…or better yet, Bob Barr. Give me Liberty, or give me death!
    Obama is a socialist, and Mccain is a toe-the-line party man.
    Either way, we get screwed in various degrees.
    You want real change, register Libertarian and vote your conscience, not for the lesser of two evils…that truly is a disservice to this country.

50. 50 hoyt Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:27 pm

Gar – “McCain retired from the military, after 20 years of service. That, in my opinion, is a job well done”

So, where is his, as you call it: “Real Life Management Experience” ?

By your definition “Real Life Management Experience” =

“Real Life Management Experience relates to some form of business experience or management of a business or organization, and FYI: I don’t consider working for a governmental office “business or management” experience”

McCain served 20 years in the military then became a Senator shortly thereafter. I’d say he, bush, and obama have earned most of their paychecks from the govt. the majority of their adult lives. So, where is your argument?

Gar – “Less we forget Bushie, as you refer to him, was very successful with Major League Baseball as principle owner of the Rangers, he was successful in the oil business”

Aww, what’s a matter Gar? You now are getting high-and-mighty with name calling?

Bushie’s track record in business ventures is suspect, but believe what you want. Oh, you probably believe bushie started those businesses with no help from bushie, sr., too, right?

The same way you probably believe Sr. didn’t have influence whether or not he was put into a unit that didn’t get called to Vietnam.

Gar – “War is expensive…Also, have you forgotten 911 —- you surely remember that —- what would you have “Bushie” do? ”

War doesn’t have to be this expensive.

-Millions of dollars have gone unaccounted.

-Contract corruption

-How much has al queda spent? How much did their air force spend? Right. They don’t have an air force. Can you comprehend the irony in the fact that al queda attacked the Pentagon without an airforce? The strongest military in the world had its HQ attacked by people who do not have an airforce!

Gar – they found other ways. This country has the ability to find other ways to fight this kind of war and be much more successful. Don’t even fucking suggest I am afraid of defending this country or that my anti-Iraq War stance suggests that I’m afraid to kick some ass. Quite the contrary.

Where the fuck is bin laden, anyway?

What would I have bushie do? Give the people of Afghanistan a lasting chance once and for all. Afghanistan could well be on its way to being a tourist destination had we focused the amount of effort on them as we did on Iraq. Caves are cool when they are not infested. The world would have helped with that effort and continuous effort in maintaining peace in that country. The work in Afghanistan is not finished, Gar. The Taliban and al queda still have significant operations in that country.

Gar – “Question: Have you ever served in the Military? I’ll bet your strong suit was volunteer work, wasn’t it? (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)”

You are talking in circles, Gar.

Since this nation is proud of its volunteer military service, it is none of your business if I have served or not. You do not deserve an answer one way or the other.

The following patronizing display is not how we will win profoundly and intelligently against Iran and any other idiots:

51. 51 Nicker Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:13 am

Hoyt,

RE:
    “… let’s hear from the troops…”

As that relates to your comment about Kerry’s service i can tell ya this:

Having been a “brown water” sailor (TF 117 Mobile Riverines) about the time Kerry was in-country, and having e-mailed the Swift Boat web master to get “the troop’s” perspective on Kerry, the answer was polite, but certainly not positive.

Seems, Kerry deserved the “Swift Boating” he got.
    So, passing Kerry off as having “served his country”…..
    Looks more like that very short and exaggerated service was all about “serving himself”.

I’ll take the word of the Swift Boat Vets:
    Kerry was a JFK wanna-be…. hence the self aggrandizing Videos, self inflicted injury, and self promoted citation……

Over….

-nicker-

52. 52 Educate Yourselves Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:14 am

The mentality of people like Gar is terrifying.

We had the intelligence to prevent 9/11 and because it was not heeded by this administration, certain media directs you to fear 1/2 the damn world, rather than place blame where it’s due and learn from the mistake.

Our democracy cannot sustain current levels of fear-based foreign policy or economic policy that puts corporate interests ahead of citizens’ well-being.

53. 53 Asa Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:33 am

Hoyt My friend I am not a one issue nor a one moment voter , But the action of being un american speacke volumes of issues and lots of moments to put it mildly. I am a vet and I take it personal when a man running for the great office of Preisdent wont even pay respect to our Flag. Man that is way more than one issue ? I think anybody looking at it without a clouded point of veiw would see that right off the bat . I my friend being a vet and of sound mind beg to differ with you if you interviewed all soldiers in Iran Iraq Ill bet you that 85% of them are proud to serve would do it again and after being there see the need to go there and fight it out on their soil rather than wait on another 911 or worse . So you can belly ache all you want about Bush and he made some mistakes but hey man would you want that Job could you do better ?

54. 54 GarIsWrong Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:38 am

I agree with the statements above. The US went to war against the wrong enemy with a bunch of lies as justifications (Weapons of mass destructions??? Al quaeda???? in Iraq???). and oil as objective. In 2003 Bush stated he won the war!!!! Republicans are famous for negative attacks against their election opponents. Tons of lies about Obama. And people like GAR believe all what they hear and read..

Enjoy again these 2 great videos: Mc Can’t clueless and lying.

Be American. Don’t be insane. Vote Obama for a real change in American politics, lower taxes (except for the very rich) and a fast end of a stupid war.

Hey Gar. What makes you think the military is going to vote for McCain? They do their job whoever gives orders. It doesn’t mean they approve the war or Bush or McCain. .

55. 55 GarIsWrong Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:53 am

ASA, another lie. Where did you see or hear that Obama didn’t pay respect to the US flag? because he didn’t (forgot to) put a USA flag pin on his jacket? Come on…You don’t sound very smart. Did you wear one today? No? Under your assumption you are not patriotic.

56. 56 Gar Aug 15th, 2008 at 10:54 am

Hoyt,

“War doesn’t have to be this expensive” ???? Last time I checked we are looking at almost 1 Million Dollars per Cruse Missile. I personally would hate to write a check for the fuel cost to fly a B2 Bomber from the U.S. shores to Baghdad and home again ….. Hell I couldn’t write that check even if I wanted to.

“How much has Al Qaeda spent?” They have spent enormous dollars in this effort. The CIA and other Intelligence Agency’s from around the free world have estimated that Bin Laden himself has funded over 300 Million US Dollars from his personal wealth alone. Add in monies from other Arab Countries, and American haters, that are sympathetic with Al Qaeda into that mix and they have spent a bunch. Have they spent as much as we have? — of course not, but then again we do not hide in caves and use IED’s either. Sticks and rocks are very inexpensive!

In conclusion: I am proud to have served my county in the U.S. Air Force during times of peace and war and I will not hide that fact from anyone. I am more than proud to look at our young men and women serving in the military today knowing the personal sacrifices they are making and the difference they are making in peoples lives both in Iraq and around the world.

I am totally ashamed of people who discount the sacrifice these men and women are making every day of their lives. Further, I am ashamed of people who would question the intent of the United States of America in attempting to keep our shores safe from terrorists while at the same time helping to make the world a safer place for all.

Least we all forget the United States of America is the worlds 911. Maybe we should not answer the phone the next time France or Germany, or any number of other Anti-American countries, when they call whining of problems.

One last thing then I am done with this subject: I am thrilled that I live in a State that will carry McCain in the fall whether or not I vote (not that I won’t vote) —- therefore, your vote for the socialist Osama Obama will not neutralize mine.

Gar Out

57. 57 Gar Aug 15th, 2008 at 11:47 am

One more thing for you YouTube lovers. Ted Kennedy summed it up rather eloquently!

58. 58 Gar Aug 15th, 2008 at 12:27 pm

One last thing I promise:

A friend just sent me this quote and it is way too good not to share:

“A taxpayer voting for Barack Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.”

59. 59 Donnie Aug 15th, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Gar. Hope it’s your last comment because what does your video prove? You never done a lapsus? I give you the definition in case you don’t know “Lapsus is an involuntary mistake made while writing or speaking”. Regarding your friend’s sentence. It’s quite dumb, not funny, even retarted. And you think it’s intelligent? It says a lot about you. In your interest, vote Obama.

60. 60 Gar Aug 15th, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Donnie,

FYI: I am a very educated man and know the definition of “Lapsus”. Now maybe you should work on the definition of “Humor” —- you may feel free to look the definition of the work up on your own. As with most Dem’s “humor” is something that is lacking in your character.

I think the quote was is in good “humor”. There I have used the word in a sentence for you.

I couldn’t be held prisoner and tortured to make me vote for Osama Obama.

Just a thought Donnie: Surely you are over the age of 12 so please drop the “ie” from your name —– it sounds so juvenile. Don’t you think? Just a thought!

61. 61 hoyt Aug 15th, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Gar writes – ““War doesn’t have to be this expensive” ???? Last time I checked we are looking at almost 1 Million Dollars per Cruse Missile. ”

Correct. You missed the points of corruption and incompetence. Millions have gone unaccounted. Don’t you want to know where this money has gone?

Gar writes – “Have they spent as much as we have? — of course not, but then again we do not hide in caves and use IED’s either. Sticks and rocks are very inexpensive!”

Right. You support my point. They found other ways and the Afghanistan government, (7+ years later), does not yet have a peaceful control of the entire country? If the people of Afghanistan were given the lasting chance once and for all, Afghanistan and the world would be extremely far ahead of where they are now if it wasn’t for the Iraq Invasion.

This does not suggest Iraq and Iran be ignored. If anything, it is a profound message and example of what could be done throughout the world. It doesn’t mean waiting for another 911 to happen from other countries either.

Imagine US military bases operating in Afghanistan as they do throughout Europe now. Huge strategic advantage for the world and Afghanistan. We can’t operate like that for a long time due to the impatient Iraq invasion.

Gar writes – “You have answered my question on many levels, your lack of military service, your affiliation with the Democratic Party and your paranoid belief that any effort the President makes toward saving this country from the terror of third world nations, and the peoples of those nations, is either corrupt or self serving. Everything with Bush and the Republican Party is a conspiracy and thievery. That has to be true because you saw that on YouTube. Does that about sum it up?”

Not at all.

Not only have you not answered my rebuttals, you are now making claims about me that you do not know and are FALSE! Where the fuck did I say I am affiliated with the Democratic Party? It is a free country, even if I was a member of that party, which I have already said I was not a member. Further proof you do not know what the you are talking about and it is You that is paranoid. Further proof you are the one fabricating unfounded untruths.

Where has the following sentiment been projected?

Gar writes: “I am totally ashamed of people who discount the sacrifice these men and women are making every day of their lives.”

No one has said anything to discount the volunteer military servicemen and servicewoman. It was you that attempted to make a back-handed compliment about volunteer work sound funny. That also failed.

Gar then writes: “Further, I am ashamed of people who would question the intent of the United States of America in attempting to keep our shores safe from terrorists while at the same time helping to make the world a safer place for all.”

Question the intent? It is a free country. Furthermore, you are fundamentally fucking wrong when you think anti-Iraq War people do not want to keep the world safe and are afraid of bloodshed.

Dwight D. Eisenhower once said, “Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels — men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine.”

Thomas Edison said, “Restless is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress.”

James Buchanan: “I like the noise of democracy.”

62. 62 Donnie Aug 15th, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Gar. I knew you would not be unable to stop. Read the comments. The problem is not that you support McCain. The problem is that your reasons for your support are laughable with arguments based on lies that you repeat over and over. What about your contradictions? They are clearly evidenced by many readers. You lost.

63. 63 Nicker Aug 15th, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Thanks Unwilling for doing your homework:

RE:
    From Audacity of Hope:

The above is a fact, not a conjecture.

Here are some more “Facts:”
    We are in the middle of WW-III, not just a “war in Iraq.”
    That war is a clash of civilizations.
    One of those civilizations is structured around a single religion, Islam.
    The Saudis are financing the world wide spread Islam with the West’s oil money.
    We have many times more oil in the US than in Saudi Arabia
    And…. (wait for it)….

The American Liberals won’t let us drill for it…..

So, in the context of this blog discussion (McCain -vs- OBAMA)

Why would anyone who loves this country support Obama for President…????

IMHO
    -nicker-

64. 64 Robert P. Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:08 pm

Nicker. 1- Did you read Obama’s book? I bet not. The sentence is out of context and doesn’t mean what republicans pretend and repeat. Read the pages before this sentence. 2- Obama is not against drilling, but states that it will not save the problem short term and proposed the research of other source of energy, RIGHT NOW. During years, who opposed using US oil reserves? The republicans including Reagan, Bush Sr and Jr and MacCain. Check their many political statements from before the presidential campaign. The Fox and republican propaganda works well with you.

65. 65 Cyril Aug 15th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

I, and I am sure many others, enjoyed reading your comments. Not being a political Blog, I think it’s time for me to close the comments section of my original article. I will post again if either presidential candidate pronounce again the word “motorcycle. Now is the time to move on, go back to what my Blog is all about: All Things Custom Motorcycles,

Affliction Holdings, LLC