Update From The New Crocker Motorcycle Company.

“Hi Cyril, Sorry I have not been in touch more but have had my hands full getting Crocker back on track. Crocker Motorcycle Company has now moved past the “shareholders fight” and is in the process of relocating to it’s new home in Los Angeles, about 10 miles from the original factory on Venice Blvd and will resume plans to produce 100 Big and Small Tank Crocker motorcycles. I will be in L.A. from September 2nd getting the building ready and expect to be fully moved in no later then November 30th 2008. We also have a 2-page article in the September issue of Forbes Life Magazine that will be on the shelf in the next week or two. I have not contacted anyone yet so you are the first to know about the definite plan to move to the US other then Forbes. We will be updating our website with in the next 10 days. Feel free to contact me anytime. Hope all is well with you. Best Regards”. Michael Schacht. Crocker Motorcycle Company.

24 Responses to “Update From The New Crocker Motorcycle Company.”

1. 1 RON Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:13 am

I really wish this company well!! But I’m afraid the prices they’re going to have to charge are going to be out of a lot of peoples range(unfortunately I’m one of those), but I would sure like to have one. And would like to see an updated proprietary engine.

2. 2 RedNeck Aug 20th, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Hey Michael!! Glad to see you’re taking this company back to reality. I am sure Jeff Decker is also happy to see that Crocker is back in business. Good luck!

3. 3 Conrad Nicklus Aug 20th, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Go Crocker!!! I have some pictures of some old Crockers. I love them!!

4. 4 Dave B. Aug 20th, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Are the 100 units mentioned (in the article above) the only units they intend to make, or just all they intend to make per year?
    Hope that doesn’t sound like a goofy question, but the article is not clear.
    At any rate, it will be fun to see some “crocks” on the highway.

5. 5 Michael Schacht Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:13 am

It is a good question Dave.
    Crocker will produce its first 100 bikes as exact replicas of the original to commemorate the approximate 100 produced from 1936 to 1942. Once the first 100 are completed Crocker will then produce their updated version. Possibly a foot shift, hand clutch version with a 4th gear.

6. 6 Michael Schacht Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:30 am

Crocker would like to apologies to those who feel this article is lacking information. In fact this was not an article but a personal “heads up” email to Cyril that he decided to post. He sure gets excited by good news. You gotta love him! Thanks for all your support and feel free to visit the Crocker website or email any questions to info@crockermotorcycleco.com.

7. 7 Nitrous Phil Aug 21st, 2008 at 1:07 am

You’re doing a good job giving us a heads up with whats happening.
    this and several other articles you’ve posted give us all alot of information as to whats going on where.
    Good job bro and to the crocker guys you see how word travels fast.
    Nice to have a good reception.

8. 8 RedNeck Aug 21st, 2008 at 2:34 am

I don’t know the extend of your company business plan but I would certainly like to see very limited production of those bikes so they keep their value. Last thing we want to see is another Excelsior Henderson or even Indian, trying to take advantage of a name, thinking they can sell 400 bikes a year at $40,000 a pop.

As an example, I think Kiwi has done a great job with their company plan, keeping it pretty small and to a certain number of key customers. I believe Crocker falls into the same category. But hey… it’s just me.

I will certainly keep an eye on what you are doing. I love the brand… has a lot of history. That’s good news to have you back.

9. 9 Michael Schacht Aug 21st, 2008 at 3:22 am

I agree RedNeck. Mike has done a great job with Kiwi Indian.
    We also view our brand in the same way as you guys and have no interest in producing 400 bikes per year. We expect to produce our first run of 100 bikes over a 12-18 month period once we are set up and after that we shall see. The Crocker Big and Small Tanks have always been and will always be an extremely limited production motorcycle. We promise.
    Again, thanks for the great reception!

10. 10 rodent Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:34 am

Wasn’t Crocker a derivative of Indian…Upscaled with OHV’s? Corbin had a couple, Decker has some.

11. 11 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian MotorCycles Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:58 am

Crocker was directly tied to Indian as he was either a dealer or distributor hence so many similarities or design cues. But certainly not to take anything away from Mr Crocker as he was a marvelous engineer and a heck of a designer. I’d put him 2nd in American motorcycle design to Briggs Weaver whom I hold in the highest regard.
    It is tough to bring back a once famous brand but I believe it can be done with the right team. We’ve seen the results of some like ExHen and especially Indian which would have to be the ultimate classic example unfortunately.

12. 12 Attila Aug 21st, 2008 at 10:12 am

Thanks for the positive update. Does the newer business plan still include offering reproduction parts? If so, when in the time line does parts availability come into play? A good friend and multiple Crocker owner will be happy to hear this news and excited to receive fenders. Wishing you all the best.

13. 13 Gar Aug 21st, 2008 at 10:21 am

These are totally cool! I hope they make it this time around.

14. 14 rodent Aug 21st, 2008 at 10:54 am

The new Crocker that I saw at the ’07 edition of the Legends of the Motorcycle at Half Moon Bay was very interesting.

15. 15 charlie brectel Aug 21st, 2008 at 2:20 pm

very cool brother
    i will hook up with you when you come out to calf.
    bikers inner circle
    charlie brechtel

16. 16 ridley Aug 21st, 2008 at 6:06 pm

This is pretty awesome. I hope it all works out.

17. 17 BCOOL Products Aug 22nd, 2008 at 1:13 pm

B’COOL Products have been supplying limited fenders to Crocker for the past two years on an as needed basis and look forward to continue working with Micheal and Crocker Motorcycle Company. I have had the pleasure of visiting their Toronto operation prior to the “share holders fight” and came away very impressed with both the quality and exacting detail invested into each and every part they reproduce.
    There was never any doubt in my mind that Micheal would be back with his Company. We wish him all the best in this venture and fully support him.
    Go! Micheal Go!

Randy Briley

18. 18 Nicker Aug 22nd, 2008 at 4:05 pm

“… like to see an updated proprietary engine…”

it’s gonna be tough differentiating themselves from the rest without a “different” motor.

19. 19 Michael Schacht Aug 22nd, 2008 at 4:38 pm

The Crocker engine is proprietary. At least as much as one could be, having been developed over 70 years ago. The New Crocker Motorcycle Company has taken the original company’s design and updated it with modern internals and a non compromising “fit the box” attitude. The new Crocker engines look exactly as the originals, and will be available in either the Parallel Valve or Hemi-Head. Remember, Crocker’s OHV Hemi beat Harley’s OHV Knucklehead to the market by 4-6 months in 1936 with the first American production overhead valve engine in a motorcycle.

20. 20 lebomm Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:28 pm

As a longtime rider and fan of the classics (my first was a SV Harley 45 in 1971), I’m already scheming for ways to amass 70 grand for one of your kits. As a tool & die maker, I’m salivating over the prospect! Keep up the fight !

21. 21 Steve Crocker Apr 20th, 2011 at 10:55 am

This seems like some sort of marketing scheme to TRY to revive the Crocker bikes.Been done to death as the market reflects,many corpses of has been bike companies.The problem is that there are a million companies that will build you anything you want for half the cost meaning that if you price yourself out of the market you are in fact just another good idea gone bad.If you are content making a hundred bikes,great,but soon your market WILL dry up because most people won’t be able to afford the “new Crocker”,only some collectors,and not that many of them.
    One example of good business gone bad would be Orange co Choppers,where at one time you could buy a nice scoot for less than or around the price of a new Harley.Call ’em today and ask for their cheapest model,(be sitting down),then look at their sales over the last seven years and you will be surprized to learn that most of their money came from merch franchise,public appearances,royalities,etc. but as their name got bigger so did the price of their bikes to where who cares to even ask about them?
    It really is a shame to me that rather than produce a good bike for everyone, this “new Crocker”clan really seems to be interested in making as much out of the name as possible…too bad…
    Steve Crocker

22. 22 Michael Schacht/ Crocker Motorcycle Co. Sep 10th, 2011 at 7:43 pm

You Steve Crocker,
    You obviously no nothing about the new Crocker Motorcycle Company.

Crocker’s progress can be viewed in real time on their Facebook page under Crocker Motorcycle.

23. 23 Lacing spokes. Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I wish to have an update on the Crocker company…meaning I am very interested in purchasing at kit if at all possible but cant seem to find what the latest position is with the company.

24. 24 pat Dec 6th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Micahel Schacht is a dissapointment to his family {according to his sister} and the friends he ripped off. I rode one of the Australian bikes. the guy down under has gone through compliance and is building real bikes. I asked him the other day about when the public can get one his answer was ” I will let anyone in Los Angles or Sydney test ride a bike but not purchase one until feb 2012 as i will have gotten all roadworthy certs” His address is http://www.1346venice.tumblr.com/ And the bikes are less than 1/3 of Schachts garbage and real! not just a story. the aussie only started one year ago and has finished. Scacht has been getting deposits for over ten years! the aussie will not take deposits only payment or down payment after the customer picks out the bike and rides it. I heard from another source they will be carrying the notes on the bikes with a small down. and yes they come with a warrenty. I asked Schacht about a warrenty he said tuff luck I asked have the parts been tested he says tuff! I looked close at his parts with a friend my friend bumped into his frame and it fell over and broke into about four peices.. Real garbage I told him that the bikes were dangerous he said once they buy them it is there problem. ask to see his bike he will not show it as it is all a scam. Do not spend money on anything that you cannot ride or touch! He claims to have a real bike the aussie owns a original small tank and an original large tank he is also purchasing two more Crockers at the moment.
    I asked Schacht if he had ever ridden a Crocker he said no and asked to ride mine. I declined to let him ride it. I find it funny he says these are the greatest bike ever built! how would he know he has never owned or ridden one..