SS Trike going In Production

In a former post I featured this trike (formely called the Cosmo) at a time it was still at the prototype stage. Now, Olmax Fabrication LLC, the parent company of Speed & Custom Cycles, has finished all testing, renamed it The SS Trike, and licensed its production to Precision Cycle Works (PCW) of Caro, MI.  The first production SS Trikes will roll out of the PCW manufacturing facility in December of 2008. The SS Trike is a uniquely designed motorcycle that incorporates a six-speed transmission with a 96-inch S&S engine that is EPA approved in 49 states with an optional version that is approved for California emissions. The SS Trike has a  24-inch polished front rim wrapped with a Metzler tire and matching 14-inch rear wheels. Options are offered to fit a variety of people. With three different seat heights and three different foot control locations, it comfortably fit riders from 5’ to 6’2” tall.  It is available in black, white, red, yellow, orange, blue, and green. Additional options include graphics, air-ride suspension, a solo seat with enclosed trunk, different rim treatments, a black or polished engine, 100% stainless exhaust, and a trailer hitch. The base model of the SS Trike has a MSRP of $25,999. Currently, those interested can speak with PCW or your  local SS Trike dealer.  More information can also be obtained at SS Trikes and by telephone at (989) 673-8555.

10 Responses to “SS Trike going In Production”

1. 1 Gar Sep 9th, 2008 at 7:39 pm

This is the same guys who build the Detroit Choppers isn’t it?

Gar Out

2. 2 Dave B. Sep 9th, 2008 at 10:17 pm

Compared to conventional trikes it certainly has unique proportions… I am curious about visibility in traffic (due to the very low seat height) and turning/handling factors. I would like to see one of these in person, kinda neat looking.
    Always fun to see new stuff, Good luck guys!

3. 3 J Sep 9th, 2008 at 11:27 pm

Looks fun! LOL- yeah, gonna be a bit low for that semi truck to see, but then again, will probably be able to scoot underneath…….

4. 4 AC Sep 10th, 2008 at 8:56 am

This is an adult sized BIG WHEEL, just like the one I had when i was a kid. Dose it come with a hand brake? Sure be fun to e-brake it around turns!

5. 5 burnout Sep 10th, 2008 at 10:07 am

I had a bad experience on my big wheel…………… a bad experience! peace

6. 6 James Sep 10th, 2008 at 10:25 am

Could be that maybe you should really be on 4 wheels? instead of 3? or 2?.. i don’t know.. could be.. This thing is pretty dang cool.

7. 7 Art Sep 11th, 2008 at 5:18 pm

this was at the donnie smith show last year with a car engine in it

8. 8 harry Sep 13th, 2008 at 6:58 am

I’m sure that a lot of hard work and effort went into the trike and I’m sure that there are many out there that like it, but…I’m not feeling it.

9. 9 Art Sep 15th, 2008 at 2:17 pm

can’t feel it…? do’nt ya gotta ride it to feel it?

10. 10 Zohai Herbals Dec 4th, 2008 at 4:59 am

Well i sure am feeling it. wow that thing is impressive. I would love to give it a spin. Short guys would certainly had trouble seeing over the tank, but i think i could hang with it or sure would have fun trying it not.