Extreme Leather Tooling Art

His name is Josh Ellingson. He was discovered” not a long time ago by Miles and Lorrie Brown of “Evil Twin Motorsickle” a custom motorcycles shop in beautiful Alberta, Canada. They first met him at a farmers market where Josh had a small table displaying some of the items he had made in his spare time to enhance his income. Small items like dog collars, watch staps and belts. Immediately they recognized Josh’s untapped raw skills and on the spot commissionned him for a seat & bags for a custom project that Mikes & Lorrie are currently building. Here the result, leather tooling at its best with a quality of details and a style I never seen before (wish I could publish big size pictures). Josh doesnt have yet a website to show his extreme leather tooling art, but you can contact him at dr.skinstitcher@hotmail.com or call 403-748-3909.

10 Responses to “Extreme Leather Tooling Art”

1. 1 Greg Oct 30th, 2008 at 10:05 am

2. 2 steveb Oct 30th, 2008 at 10:53 am

That is some very well done work..love the airbrushed dye job on the skull.

3. 3 Missy Scott Oct 30th, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Exquisite work! Airbrush alone is a such an art, but combining it with the challenge of tooled leather is doubly tricky. Josh is a master in the making.

4. 4 Dr.Skinstitcher Oct 30th, 2008 at 2:12 pm

I’d first like to thank Cyril Huze for taking the time to put some of my work on his site and giving me the chance to reach those people that are looking for one-of-a-kind leather products. I truly appreciate it, my friend! And thanks for all the comments, everyone! If you’d like to see more of what I make or have any questions, feel free to e-mail or call me and I’ll help you out. I make a wide range of things, and will obliterate any challenge in front of me. I especially like tooling and airbrushing, and can copy tattoos, logos, or anything out of your head onto leather. I never had anyone teach me what I can’t make, so I think I can make anything, ha ha! But I’d like to thank everyone again, and I hope to talk to you all soon! Have a great day! Josh (Dr.Skinstitcher).

5. 5 Jeff Nicklus Oct 30th, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Hey DR.,

Very, very cool ! I like it! Good luck man.

Over & Out,

6. 6 Rodent Oct 31st, 2008 at 7:27 am

A real artist! nice work!

7. 7 Troy Oct 31st, 2008 at 9:32 am

Beautiful work Josh, you should be very proud of yourself.

8. 8 E'Ville Twin Motorsickle Co. Oct 31st, 2008 at 9:47 am

GOOD ON YA PAL !! We’re pleased as hell to see your work out front and centre . You deserve the kudos my friend ! As always Lorrie and I would like to thank you Cyril for bringing the talent of guys like Josh to the forfront and for all the effort it takes and the time you invest in doing so .We’ll send you some photo’s of the finished project soon as we complete it .
    And for all of you interested in Josh’s work more of it can be seen on our site at http://www.evilletwin.com And if you order stuff from this guy …..when you get it …..it”s gonna blow your mind!

Miles and Lorrie Brown E’Ville Twin Inc.

9. 9 Ray Nov 3rd, 2008 at 8:25 pm

Sick. I want some of that.

10. 10 Bigwoody Nov 4th, 2008 at 12:11 am

Very nice will be contacting you,

Will be contacting you when I have a sketch of my design