Ridley New Custom Motorbikes

Ridley, America’s automatic motorcycle specialist has also developed a very nice line of motorized bicycles. 3 new production models just arrived on time for the holidays in retailer’s showrooms. They are “The 1903”, “The Twin” and the limited edition “MP”. They are as close to a vintage look as it can be with their white wall tires, solo spring seats and multiple retro chrome accents. Mini fuel tank is on the cross bar, 2-stroke engines go from 49 cc (24 mph) to 70 cc (33 mph) with about 120 miles per gallon. Drive line is through 2 chains, the one on the right side is when you pedal and the left one when you use the engine. Not cheap but with a perfect finition. Ridley Vintage Motorbikes.

8 Responses to “Ridley New Custom Motorbikes”

1. 1 Mike Greenwald Dec 1st, 2008 at 9:26 am

Ridley is absolutely wrong minded in presenting this “kit” to the public. This damn thing is going to kill some idiot that buys it. THe frame is too large as are the wheels for a child to play with this toy. Any kid that is large enough to ride a frame and wheels this tall are going to get busted for no tail lights and headlights much less screw themselves up with inadequate brakes.

It is downright irresponsible of Ridley to even present this thing.

2. 2 J Dec 1st, 2008 at 9:48 am

Uh, dude? It’s not a child’s toy- it’s a replica of an antique motorized bicycle, marketed to ADULTS.

Lighten up.

Personally, I’ll pick one up to explore the miles of Florida bike trails- I get some exercise, and have a backup motor to get me home when I run out of human fuel…. “No Motorized Vehicles on Trails”? Gee officer, dunno what you’re talking about- see the pedals?

3. 3 James Piere Dec 1st, 2008 at 9:55 am

Who makes the Frame? China? There aren’t US made… and neither is the engine. Warranty? Is there any? What if something breaks? How fast can we get parts when they’re coming from over seas? Don’t these guys BOAST, made in the U.S.?

4. 4 Mikec Dec 1st, 2008 at 2:13 pm

You can purchase the exact same bicycle and engine for less than 1/3 the price of the Ridley kit. So the value is in the Ridley name and decal, as it is no more legal to buy the parts retail for a few hundred than to buy the kit, without a title, proper EPA certification, product liability or anything else for a few thousand.

5. 5 Dave B. Dec 1st, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Does this thing even have to abide by DOT and EPA regs due to its low speed, (like a scooter)?
    Anyway, it looks kinda neat.

6. 6 Mike Greenwald Dec 1st, 2008 at 7:45 pm

Since Ridley has supplied license plate brackets, expect that it will have to be licensed as a moped.

Also expect that this will count as your one time exemption for building a motorcycle.

7. 7 Big Norm Dec 2nd, 2008 at 8:39 am

Back to the wizzer?

8. 8 Xchoppers Dec 30th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

I like it!
    If traffic were lighter where I live I might actually consider adding one to my collection.
    As to where it’s made, I don’t care…
    Junk made in the USA is still junk and quality made in China or wherever is still quality.
    I buy according to quality, not where it comes from.