The Search For Motorcycle Fuel Economy

Want to read about an on going design study to develop a motorcycle that gets 100 mpg at 70 mph, into a 20 mph wind while carrying 4 bags of groceries? Craig Vetter is an American inventor & designer loving all things with wheels, wings and engines. His lifetime goal is to “do more with less energy”.  In 23 chapters, Craig’s website describes his efforts to build the Vetter Freedom Machine. What do you think?

6 Responses to “The Search For Motorcycle Fuel Economy”

1. 1 just my opinion Jan 7th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

100 mpg at 70 mph good idea but damn that thing is ugly. He will need to work on the looks for sure before I could see anyone buying that even if it gets 100 mpg. But then again my grandpa used to say there is an ass for every seat. So maybe they will sell like hotcakes, what do I know?

2. 2 Lyle Jan 7th, 2009 at 10:09 pm

I’m all for it. Vetter has been bucking the wind so to speak for decades. Look at his “Air Scooter” contest on his website. It’s sorta like the X Prize for motorcyclists. My hats off to him!

3. 3 rodent Jan 8th, 2009 at 10:05 am

The only thing that Craig Vetter ever invented that worked and made money was the “Vetter Fairing” which lasted untill the manufacturers knock it off.

4. 4 Wacko Jan 8th, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Check out Impact Oil at Cincy. They are promising 15-20% increase gas mileage with less emissions. Ray Wheeler gets over 40 miles to a gallon and is testing Impact’s Pro Tech. We will publish the results if Cyril lets us, here. If I can get 135 horses at 45+ without lookin’ stupid, then I am down to the ground like bobby brown.

Ray Wheeler forever!!!!

5. 5 Nicker Jan 9th, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Looks like the sort-a thing that makes ya wanna beat on it with a stick…. just to see what comes scurrying out………. 🙂

6. 6 Biker Bob Jan 12th, 2009 at 11:19 am