Indian Motorcycle Launches Factory Delivery Program

Indian Motorcycle announced today its new Factory Delivery Program which allows customers to order a motorcycle through an authorized dealership and pick it up at the factory. All 2009 Indian Chiefs are eligible for the new delivery program. Factory Delivery offers a personal VIP tour of the factory and bike delivery in the customer delivery area of the plant. The factory and world headquarters is located in Kings Mountain, N.C., 37 miles west of Charlotte. The VIP tour is given by a member of the IMC staff who guides participants through each step of the bike building process. beginning in engine assembly and ending on the vehicle build line. New owners get to observe a team of craftsmen building the next generation of Indian Chief Motorcycles.
Factory Delivery customers must contact their local Indian Motorcycle dealership to participate in the program. If there is no dealership in their area, they can contact the flagship store located right outside of Charlotte, NC. Indian Motorcycle dealership staff will assist Factory Delivery participants with choosing their bike, scheduling their trip, and getting their bike home. After picking up their motorcycle, riders have quick access to some of the most beautiful roads in the country. The Carolinas boasts nearly year-round riding weather and is home to world class restaurants and accommodations.
Indian, recently announced the opening of dealerships in Charlotte, N.C., Paducah, Ky., Omaha, Neb., Detroit, Mich., Phoenix, Ariz., Wichita, Kan., and Pittsburgh, Pa., and the release of four 2009 Indian Chief Models. Indian Motorcycle.

19 Responses to “Indian Motorcycle Launches Factory Delivery Program”

1. 1 raycwheeler Jan 8th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Great looking motorcycles ,

Best of Luck ,

2. 2 Dave Jan 8th, 2009 at 7:34 pm

very cool. slowly – step by step – they are executing their plan. it is getting interestinger and interestinger…..

wish them luck in this tough market. beautiful bikes.

3. 3 Believer 45 Jan 8th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Big deal…………….and with your 20K motorcycle that you paid 40K you also get to see “buckles” the clown and his pony “buttons”……..

4. 4 Mike Greenwald Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Believer 45,
    What are you riding?

5. 5 Believer 45 Jan 9th, 2009 at 12:22 am

What’s the difference Greenwald…….it really doesn’t matter what you ride….as long as you happy with what you got.

I know where you are going with this…..don’t bother wasting your time…….or mine.

6. 6 Mike Greenwald Jan 9th, 2009 at 4:42 am

You know nothing about where am going with this Believer 45. There is not a bike on the market that is new or used that seems worth the price anymore. I think your ratio of two to one on value of the bike versus value of the dollar for everything is a good assessment. I was prepared to offer a comparison of the overpice of your current ride to what you consider to be an overprice of the Indian. You come across as a snide detractor with nothing to back it up. I hope it isn’t because of the economy that you have had to sell your ride and cannot afford to ride at all. If that is the case, all bikes are overpriced. Tearing down Indian or any other brand because of your personal poverty benefits no one.

In several comments on this thread and others, you sound like an embittered old matronly bitch. I somehow don’t think you are and offer my condolences that this is what life has turned into for you.

If, perhaps, this is not the case, I offer you a chance at your own redemption and would suggest that you take a path of constructive critque and criticism rather than snide, sophomoric witticisms.

I credit you with knowledge and intelligence following the old adage, “never pick a fight with an old guy because he’ll just kill you.”

That being said, use that knowledge and intelligence to proffer your insights and solutions rather than coming across as something or someone lesser.

7. 7 madpuppy Jan 9th, 2009 at 9:27 am

” interestinger and interestinger…..” ??????

8. 8 Lyle Jan 9th, 2009 at 10:16 am

If I bought one, that’s what I’d do: ride it home from the factory. Buy a new bike and have a vacation at the same time. What could be better?

9. 9 rodent Jan 9th, 2009 at 10:20 am

This is the most exciting news since stoneage man invented the wheel!

10. 10 Believer 45 Jan 9th, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Greenwald…………u are your own worst enemy.

You thrive on your own ignorance.

I may be an sour old man that has nothing better to do than to sit here and bullshit with you………..but you are nothing but an old naggin hag that has seen her better days…….

Your so called “advice” and or “opinon” sounds like one of the old episode of the Golden Girls. So keep them to your own self……….I don’t give a flying rats ass.

Stop eating so much shit………….it’s not good for you.

11. 11 just my opinion Jan 9th, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Good looking bikes. Hope they make it this time. Also a good idea to have a fly in tour the plant and ride home program. In business if your not sturring the water you are sitting still. Good luck Indian.

12. 12 artie Jan 10th, 2009 at 1:33 am

I bet believer 45 rides a harley and is just pissed he won’t be able to afford an Indian.

13. 13 Mike Greenwald Jan 10th, 2009 at 1:51 am

Believer 45
    I am glad that you can relate to your riding buds and sexual partners “The Golden Girls”. Considering their current state, I would guess that you are quite a hit stirring the ashes.

14. 14 cooldaddy Jan 10th, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Question . Is this a ploy to develop a factory direct market and leave out a dealer network which is not yet materializing. Any new dealers ( when they materialize) ,can they then be bipassed and have the customer go to the factory direct? Is the flagship store really a first factory store? Are the new markets (major cities) all going to be secretly factory owned? Is Bruce Rossmeir really a Bruce Harley or Bruce Davidson? Are there aliens living amongst us? Remember , ” Fight piles of trials with smiles for it riles them to believe you perceive the web they weave”.

15. 15 just my opinion Jan 11th, 2009 at 11:12 pm

I don’t think that is the intention here. More likely they are trying to do what Corvette does. Allow the buyer to come to the factory and see how these bikes are made then pick up your bike and ride home. If ran like the corvette program the bike would have to be purchased from your local dealer and paid in full before you can pick it up at the factory. As far as Indian not having dealers I think your wrong, there are a lot of Harley,Big dog, Victory as well as many other bike shops willing to take on the Indian line. I wish them well. I have always likes the style of these bikes and I believe they will help revive this industry. The more the merrier. GOOD LUCK INDIAN

16. 16 Dave Mann Jan 12th, 2009 at 10:11 am

Some new Corvette buyers like being able to see the factory when the go to pick theirs up. It’s a neat deal. BMW and Ducati dealers can also make it possible for customers to pick up their new bikes at the factory, and people have also done this when they bought a new Porsche or Ferrari.

By the way, when I looked at the Indian site, the lightest model I saw had a dry weight of 723 pounds.

17. 17 keith Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:09 pm

sweet bikes for sure..way to go for doing the Indian name justice!

18. 18 Dilligaf Feb 15th, 2009 at 11:24 am

It’s hard to forgive the hell my one and only Indian “incarnation” gave me. It was a year of stalls in traffic, pushes down deserted roads at midnight, and scraped knuckles. That being said, Indian continues to rise from the grave, and this incarnation may be their final chance to return to the glory days. I like the look of this bike. Maybe we need to return to this type of production because quality control has seemingly gone the way of banking ethics in most brands. I say good luck to Indian and if they get on their feet once and for all – the prices will return to the “sane” range.

1. 1 Indian Chief Motorcycles Delivered To Dealers Indian Motorcycle Launches Factory Delivery Program | Pingback on Jan 9th, 2009 at 9:33 am