Bargain Of The Month. A Black Bird For $15,000.

No. I am not going to turn my Blog into a classified ads website, but I may, from time to time feature what is really a bargain for my readers. Like this just completed bitching ride for sale at $15,000, a price lower than an “equivalent” stock Harley-Davidson. The partial list of parts includes: A Daytec Softail frame powder coated in flat black. An S&S 113” motor breathing through an S&S G carburetor. A BDL 3″ open belt system. 40-Spoke Wheels in size 16 x 3 for rear and 18 x 5.5 for front dressed with Avon tires. A custom gas tank made by Fat Katz. PM controls & brakes, etc. And a lot of special fabrication parts all in sinister black. The owner will receive the paperwork to register this bike as a “California Customs” motorcycle (not a special construction). Contact on my behalf Joe Cree on my behalf  at California Customs. Tel: 408-954-8972 (Pacific Time)

14 Responses to “Bargain Of The Month. A Black Bird For $15,000.”

1. 1 Bobfather Jan 10th, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Thanks for running this. I think this bike is more than a little special and has some really cool features if I do say so myself. It handles like a roa dracer and has tons of power. Considering the list of parts plus the custom one off parts we made just for this project we think it’s a huge bargain. Thanks again Cyril.

2. 2 Bobfather Jan 10th, 2009 at 1:53 pm

I forgot to mention, we can ship this bike anywhere. We ship bikes all over the country and a few overseas so even if you’re not local we can still deliver this cool bike to you.

3. 3 Matt Jan 10th, 2009 at 2:20 pm

Very clean, I like it alot.

4. 4 Boss Hawg Jan 10th, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Nice, very nice!

Black is Back on this little hottie!

5. 5 Conrad Jan 10th, 2009 at 7:01 pm

WOW…If this is a new bike and they plan on making it I will be disappointed.The last thing this industry needs is some punks to come in and build a bike that easily costs 13k and sell it for 15k to make 2k and walk away after building 200 of them and having issues with quality.

BUT If this is a USED bike and selling it so low because of a low money situation more power to you.

6. 6 bobfather Jan 10th, 2009 at 9:14 pm

It’s a NEW bike and we are not offering it as a regular model, especially for that price. This was a bike we built for a customer and then he backed out and burned us for a ton of dough. We’re trying to recover some of the loss by offering the bike at a great price with hopes someone that really likes it will take her home and ride it.
    Thedre is no way you could build this bike for $13k. The drivetrain alone costs more than that, maybe Conrad doesn’t know much about bikes, sounds that way.
    BTW, we’ve been doing this for 18+ years so we’re not punks looking to get quick money and run, check out our web site and you’ll see we build nothing but high quality, medium priced bikes.

7. 7 madpuppy Jan 11th, 2009 at 8:17 am

Wow man, sorry you got burned like that, hope the guy put down a big down payment ! If its still there in two months, ( insurance check ) I`ll take it, sure looks sweet !

8. 8 Mike Jan 12th, 2009 at 9:42 am

Conrad’s dad builds bikes. Conrad is just a guy that likes to come in and run his mouth when he shouldn’t. I don’t think he realizes it makes his dad look bad.

9. 9 Mike Greenwald Jan 12th, 2009 at 9:51 am

Check yourself.
    Pay attention to the value of what Conrad has to say, as well.
    I have my run-ins with youth and enthusiasm. I am certain that you have, too.
    Mike Greenwald

10. 10 Mike Jan 12th, 2009 at 10:50 am

I said nothing wrong at all. Conrad’s dad is a good man and his son just needs to realize that his comments are a reflection to his father. That’s all, nothing more, nothing less.

I was once told that my brain to mouth filter wasn’t working and it got me in a lot of trouble. I have since gotten that fixed and it usually works fine.

11. 11 gravey Jan 12th, 2009 at 11:13 am

nice ride. its too bad bikes like that aren’t built like that here in alberta canada. what is built is way over priced.

12. 12 Conrad Jan 14th, 2009 at 3:50 pm

If you spent more than 13k on the drivetrain alone you are getting screwed. Sorry but there is no way you paid that for an S&S 113 thats not even polished, 6 speed tranny ( even from Baker), BDL 3″ drive and whatever chain you may have used. From the picture I cannot tell exactly what Tranny you are using but from the looks of the cap it may be a Revtech , which is a good brand for sure so dont take that wrong anyone.
    You could get a motor ( even a TP 124), tranny, brakes, rotors, belt drive, wheels and tires for way less than that.

But anyways, I did not mean any disrespect to you or whomever when I said “punks”. My statement was behind my wall of anger towards people who keep coming in this industry building nice low dollar bikes to make a quick buck. Its upsetting to me and should be to you if you really have been here for 18+ years.

BTW: Put a red pinstripe on the spoke wheels and that would be one sick looking SOB.

Mike, (not you Mr. Greenwald the other Mike)

I think you should check yourself aswell. What I wrote was not “running my mouth”. It was simply me putting my thoughts down in writing since so many other people in this industry are so pussified that they wont. Also, my father is not the only one who builds bikes here sir. I build bikes aswell and have since I was a little guy. I have been in magazaines with the bikes I have built and also have been honored to go to shows with my father and have been treated as one of the “guys”. So as for your comment ; “just a guy that likes to come in and run his mouth when he shouldn’t”.. I am Conrad Nicklus, who are you Mike?

My comments shouldn’t reflect on my father everyone. I am my own person who is capable of making my own decisions in life. Leave my father and his name out of it, I am not him nor is he me, why should this be brought into conversation?

13. 13 Jeff Nicklus Jan 17th, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Sure doesn’t sound like he needs much intervention from the Old Man this time, now does it boys?

Over & Out,

14. 14 Conrad Jan 21st, 2009 at 10:58 am

Well that shut Mike up pretty fast I’d say.