World Long Jump Record Attempt On A Harley-Davidson

sethHis name is Seth Enslow. He is a stunt riding nut and will attempt a world long jump record on a modified Harley-Davidson XR-1200.

The bike features special reinforced and extended front & rear suspension systems able to absorb a 600 pounds landing from 40 feet in the air. He is training in north western Victoria, Australia.

18 Responses to “World Long Jump Record Attempt On A Harley-Davidson”

1. 1 A 1 cycles Jan 21st, 2009 at 4:09 pm

seth is the man..if anyone has the balls to do it he does, and he has a good technical team for support…but the math involved in landing that overweight stone of a motorcycle is amazing. my hero evel used to do it on two hagon shocks with 2.5 inches of one can compare..godd luck seth. like i said he has no hesitation he a true pro.

2. 2 harry Jan 21st, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Best of luck to Seth; and this isn’t to piss off the guys on this site but he needs to stick to his Service Honda CR500AF’s they are better suited for the long distance jumping. Even if they did MAJOR fab work to the chassis and really dialed in the suspension, don’t think that bike could survive a 300+ foot leap. I really hope that he can pull it off on the H-D…

3. 3 fuji Jan 21st, 2009 at 6:12 pm

This kid is in a race with Robbie Maddison who has already jumped 351 feet and jumped up and onto a building top and back off Vegas. [ u- tube ] it is wild for both jumps. I wish him well but I find it interesting the way that he is approching it. I’am pulling for you big guy

Seth Enslow , Ryan Capes and Robbie Maddison will challenge one another to see who can jump the longest distance on motorcycle at the Crusty Demons Night of World Records on March 29.

4. 4 Pitbull Jan 21st, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Go Seth, it takes a real man to do that on a Harley.

EK will be watching from above, make him proud.

5. 5 Sheridan Jan 21st, 2009 at 6:42 pm

I wish Seth the best of luck and hope he pulls it off, and safely. But, there’s no way he’s going to beat Robbie Maddison’s record.

6. 6 Dave B. Jan 21st, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Curious to see how this goes… I like that someone is stretching the limits with a heavy American bike.
    Anyone know where this jump will take place, will he be jumping an obstacle or just ramp-to-ramp, is there a date set?

7. 7 Conrad Jan 21st, 2009 at 11:43 pm

How far is the jump? That is going to be awesome if he makes it across. I hope he does it. Good Luck Seth

8. 8 Nicker Jan 21st, 2009 at 11:46 pm

The law of diminishing returns.

“…Seth Enslow , Ryan Capes and Robbie Maddison will challenge one another to see who can jump the longest distance …”

This can’t end well……. 🙁

9. 9 David Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:25 am

When will all this Evil Kenevil crap end.There was only one.Now lets see them do and complete a Snake River Jump and I’ll back off.This is like all the stunt riders out trying to get themselves killed on the city streets and highways.

10. 10 harry Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:18 am

Conrad, I believe that they will be trying to hit the 360-370 (possibly longer) foot range, from what I have read on the internet; Rumor has it that Ryan Capes has hit over 370 monitored by GPS but wasn’t “offical” due to them not having the Guiness guys there to verify it. To Nicker: This might seem unsafe but these guys aren’t jackass-wannabes, Seth, Ryan Capes, Robbie Maddison are accomplished riders and can do this relatively safely. My only regret is that Seth is trying this on a Sportster (albeit HEAVILY modified) and I honestly feel that he would be better off doing it on one of his regular bikes that he would normally use. As I mentioned before, saying that would probably piss off a LOT of people that read this post, but the heavily modified motorcross bikes that they use are better suited for long distance jumping. I stand by my opinon regardless of what anyone else says…

11. 11 Brenda Fox Jan 22nd, 2009 at 2:06 am

Sweet Mother of Jumpin Beans…Go Seth GO!

I admire your brass cahones, lack of brain cells and willingness to take on the challenge of stepping outside the box using the HD.
    Fuji – so the jump is March 29th? Crusty Demons Night of World Records Revisited?

Best of luck with your training “Down Under”.

12. 12 Conrad Jan 22nd, 2009 at 2:14 am

360-370? Holy Hell. I cant even imagine what it would feel like to fly further than a football field and land in one piece. More power too him, hes got som balls to do that. Now lets talk 5 seconds in the 1/4 miles I am down for that 🙂

I wish him luck and hope he pulls it off unharmed

13. 13 A 1 cycles Jan 22nd, 2009 at 8:31 am

i think the harley record and the dirtbike record are different things…for cant jump that bike 360 feet..but i think evel and bubba blackwell have gone 170 on a harley so it may be feasible hes only doing the v twin record..and 170 for him is a joke..its all up to the bike and team to get it right..cuz seth isnt even in the equation

14. 14 harry Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:30 pm

A1 Cycles; I didn’t know that they had seperate catergories for the H-D/V-Twin’s and the Dirtbikes. This is news to me, but in a way it is a relief that the distance that Seth has to go on the Modded out sporty. 170 feet on that bike, that seems do-able. 360-370 feet, that is another story. Thanks for clearing that up cause I was under the impression that he was going to try to take that damn thing 350+ feet along w/ Maddison and Capes when they are chasing that world record in March.

15. 15 Doc Robinson Jan 22nd, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Hi everybody. Yes the later responses on this blog have got it right, Seth is not chasing the overall distance record jump. Evel’s record distance was 151 feet (46m) until Bubba (the current holder) managed to jump 157 feet and now Seth is out to set a new world record jump on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, a new XR1200. It has NOT been heavily modified at all, simply an extension of the swing arm and the fitting of Australian designed and manufactured Boundless Suspension. I’ve watched Seth practice in Mildura, Victoria in South Eastern Australia and believe me, he will get the record, of that there is no doubt.

16. 16 harry Jan 22nd, 2009 at 4:03 pm

One more question though; Are they doing any modifications to the engine so that they can get enough steam to clear 170+ feet?

17. 17 Nitrous Phil Jan 25th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

All the best Seth!
    Cyril – appreciate your blog and keeping us posted about things like this.

18. 18 Donny Jan 26th, 2009 at 9:28 am

An American should hold the record on an American bike. I like the way this guy thinks. Best of luck to him. Evel would certainly be proud.