Victory Motorcycles Offering A 5-Year Warranty On Its Entire Product Line

victorymotorcycle1It’s a first. Victory Motorcycles is offering the motorcycle industry a 5-year limited warranty on all new Victory Motorcycles through its national dealer network. For a decade now, low-maintenance, high horsepower and enduring reliability have been the backbone of the Victory Motorcycle brand strategy for a decade.

Victory resale value is in line with the one of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and is at the top of consumer satisfaction charts with a 95 percent owner’s satisfaction rating. The limited time offer and transferable warranty program is valid for any new and unregistered Victory Motorcycle, and is a full-coverage program inclusive of the whole motorcycle. Motorcycles sold after January 1, 2009 will be retroactively included in this program. The five-year coverage consists of 48 months POLARISTAR ESC coverage in addition to the Victory 12-month Factory Limited Warranty for a total of 5 Years. For more information, visit your local Victory Motorcycle dealer or log on to Victory Motorcycles.

20 Responses to “Victory Motorcycles Offering A 5-Year Warranty On Its Entire Product Line”

1. 1 AZ ROB Feb 19th, 2009 at 7:18 am

Great deal for Victory Motorcycles. I have bought one a year for the past 3 years Kingpin, Hammer, and finally a Vision. Extended warranty on the first 2 never an issue. Only time I see service is for the oil change. Victory does have to work on the dealer network with better trained techs. Awesome power right out of the box.

2. 2 J Feb 19th, 2009 at 9:54 am

Sweet warranty- smart move, Harley will never bother to try to match it.

3. 3 Believer 45 Feb 19th, 2009 at 11:47 am

Another bad move by Victory.

If they think that this is the solution to their troubled sales they are rookies. To make things worse, this 5 year warranty will sink down even further the resale values on the 08’s and older models. Great way to screw your own existing customers. Most consumers will ask themselves why buy a used bike with minimal or no warranty when you can buy a new bike with a 5 year warranty!! In turn the used bikes will drop down in price even further. If they are so excited about their product they should have increased the warranty one year at a time, not 5 years at once. That way it gives the older bikes the chance to maintain their value a little longer. Basically what they have done is sub consciously told their 08 and older model owners that their bikes as not as good as the new ones with the 5 year warranty. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!!

What they should have done is developed a “custom line” so that people can personalize their ZERO personality bikes. They all look alike and have that powersports and snowmobile influence from their design team.

C’mon, get it together Victory!

4. 4 NEWT Feb 19th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Believer45….. When was the last the last time you bought a used bike based on the warranty of a current model? As a consumer if warranty is an issue there are several policies you can buy when purchasing a used bike. This particular move has shown their confidents in the product and given buyers a reason to give them a second look. Their pricing is already competitive with Harley and the interest in the aftermarket community is steadily growing. Business wise Victory’s market shares are in much better shape than most in the V-Twin market to date, so to tell them to get their act together is a little backwards.

In this economic eviroment bike values are based on what financial institutes will allow and warranties are not a factor.

5. 5 Open Road Biker Feb 19th, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Great move Victory, with the price, motor, and now the warranty it makes me want want a little more. If they can just get into the military sales program I may just look into one when I go to buy a bagger while I am deployed the next time. I do wish they had a more traditional looking bagger though, maybe the Kingpin Tour with a little different front fender.

6. 6 NEWT Feb 19th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

OPEN ROAD BIKER….. they are a part of the Overseas Military Sales Corp. 1-800.669.1867

7. 7 Open Road Biker Feb 19th, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Thanks, I will have to check them out, I have never seen them advertised along with the others when I visit the px over here in Afghanistan

8. 8 Dave Blevins Feb 19th, 2009 at 10:07 pm

I think it’s a good selling point… sure can’t hurt.

9. 9 James(Kiwi) Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:09 am

What it does is give their dealers more work as you have to take it back to the dealer for services.
    Some people still prefer to service their own bike.
    Must give prospective customers confidence in the product though,and may sway some to buy.
    Personaly I do not like the slab sided barrells and some of the other styling points but they are getting better!

10. 10 rodent Feb 20th, 2009 at 7:19 am

According to Arlen Ness and Sonny Barger the Victory is “bulletproof” so a 5 year warrenty is not needeed and just a selling tool.

11. 11 AZ ROB Feb 20th, 2009 at 9:11 am

James you can still service your own bike you just have to keep records to prove the service is being performed.

12. 12 Slag Feb 20th, 2009 at 9:30 am

American owned and American made with a 5 yr warranty……Go Victory

13. 13 steveb Feb 21st, 2009 at 9:34 am

smart and a confidence booster for those on the fence

14. 14 Bobby Feb 22nd, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I can’t “believe” what a TOOL “Believer 45” is. That was the most ignorant blow-hard post I have ever seen on this blog. Congratulations dude.

15. 15 jp Feb 22nd, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I bought an 08 and am happy with the one year that came with it. When Polaris sent me the option to buy another 4 yrs it was 900 and change. I went to my dealer and bought the same 4yrs for 450. Apparently the option that is mailed to your home is thru a warrantee company and marks the warrantee up considerably. My dealer sells it for the Polaris cost. He is more interested in building a good customer base and reputation. Sometimes its better to go to the dealer. Who would have thought.

16. 16 ¿spoom Feb 25th, 2009 at 9:25 am

I don’t see how it can be bad for their future. My ’97 Valkyrie came with a 3 yr. and the Yamaha Royal Star that came out right before it had a 4 year! Probably the main reasons Harley bumped their pathetic warranty up to 2. Should be a good selling point for folks “on the fence”, and only have any negative affect on folks selling a year-old one. Bike companies are selling to dealers, not people BTW, and this is a positive move with that in mind. They need a reason for dealers to take new bikes.

17. 17 Iamsancho Apr 9th, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Limited time only….. $50 deductible…. ah I see now. Victory is giving away a 4 yr extended warranty as a price point. The “real” warranty is only one year. Fine print is always important.

18. 18 chris v Sep 1st, 2010 at 10:23 pm

i recently brought my victory 08 kingpin and forgot to get the warranty transfer to my name. The orginal owner has moved out of state and i can’t get intouch with him. he said that he had a 4 year warranty remaining. what do i do?

19. 19 Michael Ritchie Apr 22nd, 2011 at 12:18 am

I have a 2008 Victory Vision with 10,000 miles on it and the other day while I was driving the pin on the shifter broke off. I called the local Vision Dealer where I had purchased the bike and they came and picked it up. They said they had to order a part which took over a week to get in. They called yesterday and said it was ready to
    be picked up. I attemped to ride the bike home and it kept slipping from the transmission as if I was holding in the clutch. I got back to the dealership with the bike and they said the clutch is burned up.

They then told me that it would not be covered under my warranty. I told them I did not bring it in for a clutch issue, it was working fine before I brought it in and if they felt I needed to pay for this I would get it fixed and sell it and then go back to Harley D.

I have bought 3 bikes from this dealership and have been satisfied until now. I have owned and ridden motorcycles since I was a teenager and am now 6o years old. My wife and I ride for short trips on the bike. I am not a reckless driver, and take care of my bikes.

I am waiting to hear from the dealership, but wanted to get a response from you.

20. 20 John Ayres May 15th, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I ride a 2008 victory Vision. I’ve put 14000 miles on it in a year. Victory is a virtually maintenance free motorcycle compared to a Harley. My friend bought a new H-D Ultra-Glide and has to take it in for checks & adjustments to maintain his warranty. He paid a LOT MORE for his H-D than I did for my Vision Tour, but I have about 40 more horsepower, get better gas mileage, have a lot lower center-of-gravity, more torque, and much better ride characteristics than his Harley Ultra.

I recently went on a twin-towers beam escort ride. There were more that 4000 bikes on this run. Seen about 30-40 bikes broke down along I-70. Just about every one of them were Harley-Davidson.

Since I tour a lot, I need a bike I know I can trust not to leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere. Last year I put 7000 miles on my bike in 16 days of touring the west coast and back. I never once worried about depending on my bike.