Daytona Bike Week Fusion Party. Hotter Than Ever.

bikerfusionparty2Thanks to the hard work of promotion expert Carrie Repp, the Daytona Biker Fusion is still by far the best party during Bike Week. As usual, it is fun, it rocks and it is for a very good cause. It’s full of custom bikes and of celebs of the industry (can you recognize them all in this picture?) and this year there was a photography exhibit by Michael Lichter and Josh Kurplus,  a display of 16 Fender guitars customized by some of the motorcycle industry most recognized talents. Bert Baker, Russell Mitchell and Billy Lane went on stage to auction some memorabilia to raise money for Soldiers’ Angels, a volunteer-based nonprofit organization supporting all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. Through special projects, dedicated teams and individuals, Soldiers’ Angels is supporting our troops and make a visible difference in the lives of our service members and their families. Although I can’t give you a number at this time, recession or not, the different auctions were successful, showing once again the legendary generosity of our industry. After that, why not having fun with a hot beauty contest where in my (shared) opinion…all  girls were winners.

16 Responses to “Daytona Bike Week Fusion Party. Hotter Than Ever.”

1. 1 fred Mar 6th, 2009 at 4:31 pm

It would be great if someone could post the names in the picture for us guys that don’t have 20/20 vision. I recognize the tall guy with his hands in his pockets. Good picture

2. 2 rodent Mar 7th, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Sorry I missed it but dinner with V.I.P.’s of the industry before pleasure, shit happens

3. 3 Don Piawsky Mar 8th, 2009 at 7:42 am

I recognize: Matt Hotch, Ami James, Christian Clayton, Billy Lane, Cyril Huze, Russell Mitchell, Arlin Flatland. The others? Sponsors? Mechanics working with the builders?

4. 4 Bradley K Mar 8th, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Ami too? Stick to Jewelry & tattoos. Money = building skills??? Please!!!

5. 5 Bobberiz Mar 9th, 2009 at 6:57 am

Seems like a few POSERS invaded that picture Cyril.You can tell by the look on Russell Mictchells face he was not happy about several non- building MF’s in the shot.

6. 6 Trish Mar 9th, 2009 at 8:14 am

Hey guys, there are a lot of folks in the photo that may not be “big name builders” that you would recognize from television – but they do have some massive input in this industry. This picture is not just builders – but sponsors too – who are the ones donating money and time to important charity functions like the Biker Fusion party – as all proceeds go to the Soldier’s Angels project. There are guys in that picture like Rollin Karrol from Spectro Oils, and Carrie Repp from R&R Promotions, and even Cyril himself! these are the folks who help keep the industry going through marketing and promotions and donations from their companies – so builders can continue building! This industry is kept alive by strong team work and positive spirit – and it comes from all kinds of people.

Cyril: i couldnt agree more that the party was a success! I know our company (Baker Drivetrain) was more than happy to be part of it – as we are every year. It certainly is a who’s who kind of evening – and makes for some good entertainment all for a great cause!

7. 7 Sev Mar 9th, 2009 at 11:17 am

Nice to see the real public is paying attention.
    What has Ari done for the industry.
    Christian Who? How much is Daddy worth?
    The coolest one Arlin Flatland that most people don’t even know.
    There are about six Builders of importance up there. Can anyone name them all.??????????
    The reason the industry got into trouble is because people were made into MASTER BUILDERS by PR people.
    If the PR people actually knew who’s who beyond Billy & Russell,l we would all be better off.
    Hey Rodent where is your 2 cents.

8. 8 Panhead Joe Mar 9th, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Cyril. Who is the tallest. You or Russell?

9. 9 fred Mar 10th, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Who is the gentleman kneeling behind the guitar with the mustache and flower printed shirt?

10. 10 Cyril Huze Mar 10th, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Fred. It’s Arlin Fatland from Denver 2-Wheelers MC.

11. 11 Otis Mar 11th, 2009 at 9:22 am

Well, this was my first Biker Fusion. No, I’m not a builder, but me and my company were glad to be involved in an event with such a great cause. It was also a great chance to mingle and mastermind with successful folks in the industry. Which is key for relatively new companies to develop feedback on their products, etc. Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to the next event.

Ride Clean,

12. 12 truthteller Mar 12th, 2009 at 9:25 am

Unanimus you couldn’t be more right!!! I think Troy Luberda ooops I meant “Kris Krome” snuck in the picture just for some camera time. WHAT A TOOL! Definitely one of the biggest LOSERS out there! No disrespect to the builders that deserve to be there.

13. 13 Scott Webster Mar 12th, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Ahhhhhh lovin the blog!

Funny story about that picture, I was actually on stage hiding on the left hand side behind the crowd. I was called up last and made my way reluctantly on stage only not to look like a dick, that and my wife told me I should. I hid in the back out of the picture for what I felt were all the best reasons….

14. 14 Steve Broyles Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:01 am

If everyone in the world would step up and support The Soldiers Angels, a lot more shit would get done. There are a lot of people out there, regardless of who they are, that are supporting these men and women overseas as they should be. For those of you who have something negative to say, I guess it would be a different story if you were over there and not here. Quit complaing and give thanks to those who deserve it. I would personally like to give thanks to EVERYONE that was involved in Biker Fusion and The Soldiers Angels. The event turned out great and a lot of money was raised. Thank you Carrie, Ken, Pete, Kevin and all of those involved for again putting on a great show for our heros. Thank you to all that have served and are serving, THANK YOU FOR OUR FREEDOM.

15. 15 T JONES Mar 19th, 2009 at 4:51 pm

16. 16 free2ride Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:45 pm

hey who cares if there were non-builders up there ,if it raises money for our soldiers thats what matters