Daytona Biker Fusion Raised Over $24,000 for Soldier’s Angels

amijamesI guess the only thing missing (maybe not) in my former posts about the Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse’s Biker Fusion party during Bike week, was the amount raised. Now you know that more than $24,000 were raised (donated by sponsors, provided by auctions, including a $10,000 donation from Seminole Tribe of Florida leader Max Oceola). The proceeds went to “Soldiers Angels” an organization whose philosophy is “May No Soldier Go unloved.” Sgt. 1st Class Toby Nunn spoke on behalf of all of the soldiers and heroes Soldier’s Angels supports.  Ami James and Russell Mitchell took on the roles of auctioneers and raised thousands of dollars in the live auction of custom skateboards by Buck Wild and of Hard Rock Fender Guitars especially designed by Billy Lane and Ami James. And I remind you that Billy donated a 1976 Harley Shovelhead to Leon Roy a recipient of the “Purple Heart”. And of course, next year we will do better (picture Ami James Autioning A Custom Fender Guitar).

7 Responses to “Daytona Biker Fusion Raised Over $24,000 for Soldier’s Angels”

1. 1 Brad Mar 16th, 2009 at 4:25 pm

Cyril, since you participate to this event, can you tell me what was the average paid price for a customized Fender guitar? Thank you.

2. 2 Carrie Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:05 pm

I wanted to take a moment to thank, on Cyril’s great website, all of our great hosts, sponsors, builders, media and anyone who attended and supported Biker Fusion. I learned about Soldier’s Angels two years ago and thought I could offer a great platform for this wonderful organization to create awareness and raise some monies specifically for areas of need ‘we’. Fusion is in relation to ‘us’ making a difference.
    Soldier’s Angels suggests specific units to me….last year we sponsored two convoy support centers in Iraq and this year we focused our efforts for the BlackHawks and wounded they serve and treat in Afghanistan. I can promise you that what ‘we’ do makes a difference…this year our efforts were to underwrite backpacks…140 Blackhawks and the additional monies to send more care-related packs to our wounded there. If you can, try to imagine what it means to these men and women to get a cool, filled to the brim, backpack like these…ESPECIALLY when they get a note from someone from Daytona Bike Week inside! I got a note from a soldier saying as much as they appreciate cards and letters from church groups and elementary schools….there is NOTHING like getting something from a biker…
    Thanks to the sponsors, Biker Fusion is a comp-2-tix free event with a great food spread better than most working will get the entire week (thus Cyril’s jerky and bread!). All of the hosts put a lot of time into helping me and even my own friends pay the $25 small donation to hang out and support. The media support ultimately helps put Soldiers Angels at the forefront by just putting the name out because EVERYONE can support with or without a dollar ( And finally, to make sure the ENTIRE AUDIENCE is a part of , I even created the ‘message cards’ so ANYONE could write a note and give what they could afford…$1 or $100…I just wanted to fill these backpacks for our heroes to let them know we are thinking about them.
    I’m real sad to read such BS from some people in the biz especially….this IS NOT a political event and it is disturbing. Biker Fusion was developed for ‘us’ to be together, have a nice time and do something worthwhile that raises spirits and lets those defending our country, that we as bikers, the biker industry, and all of the wannabes…CARE. And as far as I’m concerned, I don’t care who rides what or who’s standing in front…
    A final note…..I think it is worthwhile sharing that all of the companies listed as sponsor gave at ‘minimum’ $500…this includes the hosts and special guest auctioneer and some that couldn’t even make the event.
    Next Biker Fusion will be at the same place during BiketoberFest. Please feel free to call or email me anytime to support our troops and a great event.
    Thanks Cyril for your post and your support.

3. 3 Phil Sommers Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:33 pm

Pooper. You should be ashamed of your comment. Are you able to raise $24,000 in 2 hours in this economy? What it has to do with the price of a custom motorcycle built by a top builder? The price they charge is not their profit! How much they make? Very little, trust me. Shame on you. You should apologize by giving some money to Soldier’s Angels. Link to their website in the article above.

4. 4 Cyril Huze Mar 17th, 2009 at 6:33 am

Answer to Brad: $$$’s

5. 5 A 1 cycles Mar 17th, 2009 at 7:19 am

i was there and most of the guitars went from between 1200 and 1500 from what i saw the skateboard decks were going for 400 and was an awesome event, carrie rocks, and i wont miss it again. and 24 grand in a couple of hours fill a lot of back go sit your ass in the sand for 8 months far from home and see how much a backpack with a biker magazine and some wet wipes does for your moral! hater!

6. 6 Rollin Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:30 am

Well said Carrie! I’m proud to be a sponsor of Biker Fusion, and will continue to support it and our troops.

Rollin Karoll