Legend Of The Motorcycle 2009 Is Canceled

legendIndustry insiders consider this “Concours D’Elegance” as one of the best events of the year, and I agree with them. Sadly, I learn that because of the effect of the world economy, which you can translate by “due to difficulty getting sponsors”, this event is postponed to 2010. This show taking place at the gorgeous Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay down the coast from San Francisco is a very costly enterprise not only because of its location, but because of very rare motorcycles being transported from all over the world to this show. But due to its excellent reputation, expect to see an even bigger and better show in 2010. Legend Of The Motorcycle.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

11 Responses to “Legend Of The Motorcycle 2009 Is Canceled”

1. 1 rodent Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:15 am

Rather than compromise the quaility of the Legends show Jared and Brooke made the wise decision to postpone the Legends of the Motorcycle for a year, a smart move in this sucko economy.

2. 2 Nicker Mar 19th, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Oh well……. :-(
    Better “never” than “cheezy for ever” after.

-nicker-

3. 3 Mike Tomas Kiwi Indian m/c Co Mar 20th, 2009 at 12:01 am

Jared and Brooke put a huge amount of effort and time into this event and it truly shows as the finest m/c event in the US and possibly in the world. It will be well worth holding off for another year.
    Keep up the good work and I for one have been very proud to be involved.

4. 4 Kirk Perry Mar 20th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Looking forward to next year’s show.
    For those concerned with their clothing comportment (which includes Concours attendees), there is a limited supply (56) this afternoon of the model DU310 “Carpenter” jeans. A heafty 14.5 oz., “Loose Fit” are the only jeans that have a 20″ leg bottom, and the ONLY jean that can be made into 17″ shorts.
    All “Relax Fit” jeans are “tapered leg”, so if you cut them off to 17″, the legs are too narrow and “girl”, man.
    Once Dickie’s quits the (7) loop, “Loose Fit” 310, there is no other manufacturer of “Loose Fit” Carhart® maybe, but they don’t advertise 20″ leg openings.
    Get the DU310 now or suffer the 13″ and 15″ shorts that are too short. You’ll see all shorts 17″ by summer of 2010. – Plumber

5. 5 Gordon Stafford Mar 23rd, 2009 at 4:17 pm

I’m also looking forward to the 2010 show and collecting the $17,435.20 these losers still owe us for all the tents we provided in 2008

6. 6 Mike Mar 25th, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Yeah, those guys owe me a cigar and a cold beer too!

7. 7 Michael Lucas Mar 30th, 2009 at 11:10 am

Come to think of it, they owe me a hug.

8. 8 nelu banica Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:33 am

Hi, I’m Nelu Banica (40 y.o.) from Romania and i would like to show my respect to Jared and Brooke for the LoTM. Due to long distance (or lack of founds) i never be at this event. Instead, we organize something, like vintage show, at the National Museum in Bucharest.
    some pictures may be seen here

and here an article about LoTM write by me for an auto oriented magazine.

I hope Jared and Brooke will organize this event each year, alternatively, one year in America and next in Europe.

ahve a good day,
    Nelu Banica

9. 9 nelu banica Oct 26th, 2009 at 3:34 am
  10. 10 michael Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:08 am

I’ld sure like to know when and where for 2010. last year I sceduled early and they postponed and cost me some vacation time and money, if I don’t hear something soon I won’t be able to get the time. have mercy on the working stiff, thanx

1. 1 Deduction for Motorcycle Purchases - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com Pingback on Mar 20th, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Trade In Your iPhone