Billy Lane Plea Deal Postponed 24 Hours

bl2During the last days a plea deal has been verbally negotiated and agreed by the defense and the State prosecutor. This morning at a 9 am hearing front of the judge in Viera Court, the prosecution and defense realized that they had different interpretations of what their verbal negotiations meant. Billy’s attorney Greg Eisenmenger stated that  “How the plea is written or structured can have impact on legal issues down the road, so we want to make sure that’s right.” The hearing was reset for tomorrow Wednesday at 8.45 am. And if you wonder, yes of course Billy Lane and a few others already know his fate. You will have to wait tomorrow to know (photo Florida Today).

12 Responses to “Billy Lane Plea Deal Postponed 24 Hours”

1. 1 Jose Apr 7th, 2009 at 10:09 am

Keep Up Billy!

2. 2 Pitbull Apr 7th, 2009 at 11:10 am

Do the time for the crime, get it over with already.

3. 3 George Murrey Apr 7th, 2009 at 12:40 pm

We pray for you and for those involved.

4. 4 Kirk Perry Apr 7th, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Alcohol consumption is lame.

5. 5 Materialman Apr 7th, 2009 at 5:54 pm

You can duck and dodge for awhile, but sooner or later you have to face the music. I would say it’s past time for Billy. I’m sure it’s past time for justice for the Morelock family.

6. 6 Jim Apr 8th, 2009 at 7:56 am

Kill a biker, GO TO JAIL!

7. 7 Brandon Apr 8th, 2009 at 8:05 am

Jim. The way you formulate your statement is dumb. So, if you don’t kill a biker but for example a pedestrian, you should not go to jail??? Let our legal system work. Billy Lane knows that he made a mistake. He knows that he will pay for it. Anyone would try to pay a price as low as possible. With his lawyers, it’s what he does. You would do the same and would try to avoid jail. If you say no, you are a fat liar.

8. 8 bigalyts Apr 8th, 2009 at 9:18 am

I feel Bad for Billy and I feel bad for the Family. I guess if all you Exports Posting remarks know the Circumstances and have a Law Degree and was appointed a Judge than “GO JUDGE”! Mr George Murrey your comments are NICE! I am sure you didn’t Hit your Knees or even Stand and Pray for “All who is involved”‘ Mr Pitbul I am pretty sure Billy did not or would not Knowingly commit a Crime. Although the results were a Dead Citiizen and a Talented Biker involved in the Legal Sytem and having to spend Thousands and Thousands of Dollars Giving it to unnecessary People to keep Playing the Legal Trap Game! Why not have the Dollars Spent put to good use, by having these monies go to use. I agree that Alchohol Consumption is lame, but many don’t and that is their Right! But just maybe there is a Way to Comprimise and not Jail, Billy and install closure to the Victum’s Family and Have the Public Aware of Drinking and Driving!

9. 9 Omar Apr 8th, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Most of us have been in the same shape driving as he was when he had his accident. We were just fortunate that we made it home OK. My heart goes out to the family and Billy! I don’t now him personally, however I bet he would give anything he had for this not to have happened. He is going to have just as much of a hard time living with it than the family is. I am praying for them both and those without ever being drunk and driving should be the only ones throwing stones. I also bet there is not a person on here that has never done something they regretted. He made a mistake and the criminal justice system is dealing with it. If you want to have an impact on this at all, pray for them. How easy it is for us to judge others!

10. 10 LA Rider Apr 18th, 2009 at 10:59 am

Lane, you’re a turd. Do your time.

11. 11 LA Rider Apr 18th, 2009 at 11:00 am

Brandon, you’re just another Billy-butt-kissing pinhead. Lane did not make a “mistake”. He commited a crime. He is a repeat offender.

12. 12 ray Apr 27th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Hi all,ive known billy now for 5 years been out to his shop 4 times,an it,s a long way as we live in inverness,in the scottish highlands.You know i dont drink myself never have,dont even own a bike,but i do apreciate art and his bikes are art,rollin art.Istarted emailing him 5 years ago,with all the fans he has ,he still had time to reply to a nobody like me ,I was away in forces a few tours iraq i met a lot of good americans,,got injured and a discharge.But the americans i met were the best bunch of guys you could wish for.Last time i was in billy,s shop was 2 years ago ,my two twin daughters got their photo with billy,his shop was empty,I know what happened was wrong,but he aint a bad guy,im a fan and always will be ,i wish him all the luck in the world ,,,thanks guys god bless ray