Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Week Update

myrtlebeachharleyYou all know that last year the Myrtle Beach City Council passed 15 ordinances and amendments, including a helmet law, designed to discourage bikers to participate to this new edition of Myrtle Beach Bike Week inside the city limits. It created 2 opposite reactions: as a sign of protest those who decided not to go and those who will continue to participate avoiding to spend their dollars in the city itself. So, this year most of the vendors will set up in Horry County outside the city of Myrtle Beach.

Organizers of the annual Crusin’ the Coast Spring Bike Week motorcycle rally have announced that Harley-Davidson Motor Company and the Harley Owner’s Group (HOG) will set up vendor spaces in five locations also outside the city. Harley-Davidson will continue to offer free demo rides to licensed riders while Harley Owners Group will also be on site giving away the free official Myrtle Beach H.O.G. Pin to current H.O.G. members. Festival Promotions has still some vendor spaces at Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson, Barefoot Landing, HB Spokes and Myrtle Beach Speedway. More info at Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks and Myrtle Beach Harley.

16 Responses to “Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Week Update”

1. 1 bobberiz Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:40 am

Those dicks in and around Myrtle beach can take a flyin’ F—.
    That place is gonna be covered in cops. The traffic tickets are gonna be flying.

2. 2 Sam Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:56 am

None of it matters, there is a wildfire torching the area right now,

3. 3 BadMonkeyMW Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:26 pm

That fire is God’s Wrath coming down on them for fucking with the rally!!!!!! Reap the whirlwind motherfuckers.

4. 4 Lobo Apr 23rd, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Myrtle Beach who? Didn’t they use to have a rally there? 🙂

I also wouldn’t count on New Orleans Bike Week being a comparable replacement. One of the other rallies will rise up and become one of the “big ones”.

5. 5 Steve Carr Apr 23rd, 2009 at 5:27 pm

One of the Rallies allready has risen up, actually 2 of them have. Leesburg Bikefest, and Thunder Beach.

Nuff said.

Steve Carr

Lightning Rod Motorcycles

6. 6 Go Big Apr 23rd, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Outer Banks Bike Week started today. It looks like this may make the “big” list as well. I agree, Myrtle who?

7. 7 John B Apr 24th, 2009 at 5:48 am

Myrtle Beach Rally is a misnomer as the rally covers a much bigger area than just the tiny City of Myrtle Bitch. I will be at the rally and it will be just as great as in every past year. The City of Myrtle Bitch will see the light and vote out the A hole mayor and council next election and things will be back to normal. Never had a problem with the cops and don’t expect to this year either.

8. 8 MJ Apr 24th, 2009 at 6:33 am

I really enjoyed the new area Harley and the Carolina dealers set up at Myrtle Beach Hard Rock…. now a year later, the theme park is closed and the dealers association has left South Carolina. This reminds me of what almost happened at one point in Daytona Beach until then police chef Paul Crow and rat’s hole owner Karl Smith worked to bring that rally back to its former glory. I met some great people when I was at the Myrtle Beach rally last year, and I wish them well this year and years to come. The rally that has partnered with Easyriders Events and Broken Spoke Saloon is not meant to replace Myrtle Beach. It is May 6 to 10th and will become a great regional rally, and will be a great stopping off point for 2 dozen bike magazine crew members, website editors (including Cyril Huze) and even TV…. as well as all of the national affiliate TV crews in New Orleans that are on the mark to capture thousands of motorcyclists returning to New Orleans. The Harley-Davidson bike giveaway promotion hit the stores 3 days ago and has already landed 600 entries at one of the 3 sponsoring H-D stores in New Orleans! I am on my way today to check out Leesburg, FL rally… estimated at 300,000 last year and growing. Have heard nothing but excellent things about Panama City’s Thunder Beach rally, too. The only thing I heard about Outer Banks is that it may not have room to grow. I say… enjoy the ride wherever you are heading and stop by New Orleans on your way to Myrtle … help rebuilt a town that has a need and a love of motorcyclists! Heck, even the Coca-Cola community marketing manager in NOLA is an avid rider! Oh… one last thing – the coast-to-coast “Champions For-A-Cause” women athlete riders will be at New Orleans – UCLA and Tenn Vol women’s basketball championship coaches will be doing basketball clinics for NOLA kids and bringing awareness and collecting donations to help women with breast cancer.

9. 9 Brock Apr 24th, 2009 at 6:55 am

Nothing like a good fire for a real cleansing !

10. 10 Go Big Apr 24th, 2009 at 7:15 am

Outer Banks is already growing. Vendor locations have now spread to some of the area businesses. It’s a town that actually seems to want motorcyclists there. Don’t mind spending here!

Is there room to grow in New Orleans? Not too big on confined indoor rallies.

11. 11 Rodent Apr 26th, 2009 at 9:55 pm

screw myrtle and her beach.boycott,boycott,boycott

12. 12 Boss Hawg Apr 27th, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Just came back from Leesburg…what a blast and so enjoyable. Clean, tons of people, lots of great looking bikes and darn sure less hairy legs than Daytona!

Cops are very polite and you can walk around with your golden soda in a plastic cup if you like.

Steve at Lightning Rod is correct….Leesburg and Thunder Beach are great venues.

See you there.

Boss Hawg

13. 13 Jeff Nicklus Apr 27th, 2009 at 5:21 pm

I have heard that same story from no less than 10 people today ….. looks like I will have to look into doing that event next year! Sounds like my kind of gig!

Over & Out,

14. 14 Steve Carr Apr 28th, 2009 at 7:11 am

Boss Hawg, Jeff,

This year was the best year I have ever seen there in Leesburg. Even Jay from American Thunder was there filming the event for his show, He seemed to be impressed with the place as well.

The police were there, but unlike any othere event I have ever seen, they were dressed in what I would call “Friendly Uniforms” , they did not seem to want to look like cops, and the entire time I was there I didnt see anyone pulled over, or even any trouble. Thats not to say that it didnt happen, but I didnt see it.

This is a testimony to the real fact that a city can allow people to have fun, “Mature, responsible, adult, hard working people fun”, without having the police force pulling you over for things that you would normally not be pulled over for, and allow people to walk around the entire, complete event with a nice cold one in your hand.

Leesburg in my eyes anyway, Has this Bike event thing figured out. I understand that its now the biggest 3 day event in the country. Let me tell you guys something, If Daytona doesnt take a few notes from Leesburg, I personally can see Leesburg becoming the Premier Florida Bike event in the very near future, and plus, its got more to offer than Daytona, way nicer area for riding, 100% cleaner, nicer place. And the hotels dont take advantage of the event either.

Just cant say enough about this event, Its my #1 choice as far as the south east is concerned.

Steve Carr
    Lightning Rod Motorcycles

15. 15 FYI Apr 29th, 2009 at 11:45 am

Not sure if any of you know or not, but the CHDDA (Carolina Harley-Davidson Dealers Association) has moved their spring rally from Myrtle Beach to New Bern, NC. Not sure how big it will be, but hopefully it will grow. You can find more information at

16. 16 lou May 5th, 2009 at 3:36 pm

this really suxs, i have been going to bike week in myrtle for 10 years,, and enjoyed it , the people, the beaches, the food, the venues,, the rides to charleston…me and my wife would love to spend time walking around and going to barefoots landing and taking pictures with the tigers and the chimp, ruma is her name.. i will miss all you people at tigers presevation.. doc,sean,terry, and all the staff at the compound, well mr mayor and all you people who did’nt want me and my wife down there,, thanks for nothing,, thanks for playing the roll of the gate keeper,, i wish you no harm, no illness, i just wish you the best and hope someday you all come to your senses,, RIP myrtle..