Fusion Style Custom Motorcycles

For one-off custom motorcycles, we are beyond the One trend. Beyond the Chopper & Bobber trends. We entered what I call the “Fusion Style”. It doesn’t matter anymore the engine you use, the modern and vintage influence you get, the type of new or old school you belong to, the width of your rims, the style you pursue. After reproducing and re-interpreting the styles of the past, the new rage is to fuse several styles, to mix engines and components of different times to create your own custom motorcycle recipe for a custom bike looking like nothing else. Creativity has always been in mixing parts and colors that “never met” before. Here are examples of 2 tentatives trying to break away from the usual custom mold. (pictures Hort Rosler & Frank Sander)

11 Responses to “Fusion Style Custom Motorcycles”

1. 1 Bobfather Apr 29th, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Yeah, sorry, that stuff does nothing for me. I’m too much of a traditionalist I guess. Fusion to me is mixing traditional styling with newer modern technology. That’s why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream though.

2. 2 Grayhawk Apr 29th, 2009 at 9:33 pm

The one on the right is one bad ass Cushman.

3. 3 Grayhawk Apr 29th, 2009 at 10:20 pm

The one on the right is one bad ass Cushman.

P.S.: Wanted to add good post!

4. 4 Conrad Apr 30th, 2009 at 12:35 am

Grayhawk #2 aka “Sarah” with a “gmail” account, IP address information can be given if you would like me to go that far as well. You cant find anything on the internet, anything. You really need to stop copying things down and adding your own little flare too it. You have done it to my father and a few others, now Grayhawk. Quit the shit and stop attatching “motorcycle lot.com) to it as well.

I like the 2nd bike but the 1st is HIDEOUS

5. 5 Grayhawk Apr 30th, 2009 at 6:35 am

Thanks Conrad, your Dad can open his own gate, keep going to school as it looks like your getting a bit of knowledge from school. Cyril’s group fixed this problem once. I guess they, he, she, it just log back up from a different IPS address. Thanks again.

Grayhawk #1

6. 6 Brenda Fox Apr 30th, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Is the one on the right a “girls model?”

Seems I could easily get on and off that thing wearing my dress …

7. 7 Sugar Bear Apr 30th, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Brenda …….. (gasp)……….. you wear dresses?????????????????????????

8. 8 Nicker Apr 30th, 2009 at 10:52 pm

“… get on and off that thing wearing my dress …”

Which could blow up around your neck at speed………???
    (Would make Marilyn Monroe’s subway-vent photo look tame by comparison.)
    I could “got off” on that….. 🙂

9. 9 Brenda Fox Apr 30th, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Ha ha Bear – my secret’s out!
    My inner Parnelli Jones dresses in drag!

Nicker – I embrace the thrill of the ride which sometimes expands beyond the twist of the throttle…

10. 10 Nicker May 2nd, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Good for you…… “You Go Girl !!” ……. 🙂

11. 11 Paul Oct 26th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Yeah… The Norton Commando engined “Rouge Racer”, (on the left) is actually a work of Lamb Engineering from UK, not Fusion Motorcycles. I have admired (and voted for) this lovely bike at London custom show in 2008. Same guys that built “Son of a Gun” BSA based bike.