Street Fighter Sportster

irishprideWhat do you do when a client brings you a Sportster and tells you that he wants a Mad Max look. Flat black paint will never be enough. So, Alan at Santiago Chopper decided to intall a 300 mm rear tire, a solo seat, a Buell front end and brake for a more rugged look, pinching on a front perimeter disc. . Wow… If you want to show how Mad you are on your Sportster, the 300 mm rear kit is available. The touch of green is because the owner is Irish and proud of it. Santiago Chopper.

11 Responses to “Street Fighter Sportster”

1. 1 bobx May 12th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

to each his own, and if he’s happy, im happy.

2. 2 Steve Carr May 12th, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Great job Alan,

Goes to show how cool a newer Sporty can be.

Steve Carr

Lightning Rod Motorcycles

3. 3 Brandon May 12th, 2009 at 8:22 pm

As Cyril states very often, a sportster is not a woman bike. The proof it can get extra macho.

4. 4 Robin May 12th, 2009 at 8:39 pm

I first met Alan several years back at one of the annual biker rituals in Daytona Beach. I was so impressed with the quality of his work that I have made it a point to search for his display every time I go to photograph the events in Daytona. I can’t say that I always like the aesthetics of the bikes that he builds (this Sporty is definitely not my style but not all clients care for my style either) but I can appreciate that he always produces a quality product. He has shown himself to be a visionary ahead of the curve more often than not and does not let the preconceived notions of others (with the possible exception of paying clients) obviate his personal view. The motto of his shop is, “In cubic Inches we trust.” Can’t argue with that!

Beyond his mechanical and technologic accomplishments in rolling art, Alan has a heart of gold. He built and donated the Jessica Lunsford trike (trikes are one of his specialties) to help raise money and awareness of the kidnapping, rape, and murder of 9 year old Jessica Lunsford back in February, 2005. The positive end result of all involved was the passage of the Jessica Lunsford Act, first in Florida and now in over 30 states, which provides for increased prison sentences for some convicted sex offenders, tighter restrictions on sex offenders such as required electronic tracking devices, and more stringent tracking of sex offenders by law enforcement. Kudos to Alan and others like him that rise above the mediocrity to a higher standard than self and actually “serve” others for a common benefit. Thankfully many in the biker community are like Alan, at least in spirit. After all, not all of us can donate an $80k motorcycle no matter what our values are.

For those interested in the case itself, John Couey, a 47 year old man and previously convicted sex offender, was arrested and he confessed to the charges in March, 2005 but the case still went to trial. March 7, 2007 he was found guilty — March 14, 2007 the jury recommended the death penalty — August 24, 2007 he was sentenced to the death penalty with 3 consecutive life sentences. He is currently awaiting appeal.

In full disclosure, there are some accusations of misappropriation of funds against the Jessica Marie Lunsford Foundation, Inc. to which Alan donated the bike. The accusations are being levied primarily upon Jessica’s father, Mark, who is the foundation president but also against other past directors and staff members of the foundation.

5. 5 A$$HOLE May 13th, 2009 at 2:18 am

You must applaud him for helping with such a great cause, and for building what the customer wanted, but damn that thing is UGLY with a capital UG! Looks like a new OCC theme bike for the TV show Junk Yard Wars.

6. 6 bigalyts May 13th, 2009 at 9:49 am

This Bike is not my kind of Ride , but the Genuine Design and look of the Bike is Top Shelf. The quality of the Parts and Workmanship looks “Top Shelf” ! The Owner sounds like a Top Shelf Citizen as well, a Class Act for sure! I am sure He has given the Boyz from SR 7, plenty to talk about and duplicate!

7. 7 madpuppy May 13th, 2009 at 9:57 am

A$$HOLE said : ” that thing is UGLY with a capital UG! Looks like a new OCC theme bike for the TV show Junk Yard Wars” . And I say LOL, I think your right !

8. 8 pegster May 13th, 2009 at 10:54 am

Should have used an ATLAS chassis, would have made a junkyard dog look like a pedigree

9. 9 alan May 13th, 2009 at 6:29 pm

i did it before occ (lol)

10. 10 burnout May 14th, 2009 at 7:39 pm

This bike looks like it will spit you off the back………………..I LIKE IT!!!! peace

11. 11 customfighterer May 18th, 2009 at 11:08 am

just because Alan has built one (very nice) streetfighter, does NOT mean that bike is a fighter….absolutely not!

dont misguide us dammit!