Euro Festival. 15000 Bikers In The St-Tropez Gulf

eurofestivalsttropezSometimes I wonder why biker life is sometimes so difficult in some US cities (did I say Myrtle Beach?). Take the French Riviera small historic village of St-Tropez located in the most beautiful landscape you can imagine (have been there many times, done all the St-Tropez crazy stuff…). No place is more protected by environmentalists and artists. Still, during last week Euro Festival, 15000 bikers are authorized to converge, party during 4 days, ride all the scenic roads and even do a few burn outs without harassment of any kind from the French police usually quite strict. Even Harley-Davidson is authorized to plant its exhibition tent on a close by beautiful beach in the other historic village of Grimaud! Well, if next year you want to go, shoot me an email. I may be there for 4 days acting as the translator for my fellow US bikers..

9 Responses to “Euro Festival. 15000 Bikers In The St-Tropez Gulf”

1. 1 ian May 16th, 2009 at 11:00 am

To be fair its a very different event to say Daytona or Myrtle Beach- its organised by HOG – and its very much for the individual chapters to meet and socialise.

The plus point is as you say the superb scenery and riding around the Gulf of St Tropez – and its quite a buzz seeing the crowd checking out all the bikes and ignoring the 20 – 30 $50million super yachts mored behind.

2. 2 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian M/C Co May 17th, 2009 at 11:25 am

I just had a customer who bought one of our leaf spring front ends ride from England to this event. He said he had a blast and a nice side line he was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the ride. It’s all good.

3. 3 bertrand May 17th, 2009 at 12:23 pm

I was there ! ! ! ! beautifull place & very kool ” ambiance” ! ! !

4. 4 alan May 17th, 2009 at 9:20 pm

i have a lot of friends and customers at this event and everybody was very happy

even the vendor

we send a lot of harley davidson leather clothe and everything was sold

and that one of the best place in the world is where i want to die

alan santiago chopper

5. 5 krugger May 18th, 2009 at 2:03 am

that was a very “huge” time!

thanks to Freeway’s crew! Cool ride with a few “custombike”, beautiful road.

Good atmosphère, nice people, nice policeman….., and a wonderful place.

However , that has been not good for theback tyre…..

I can’t wait to be the next year!

6. 6 dub performance May 18th, 2009 at 7:10 am

Very nice day !
    thank you everybody, everybody thank you 😉

Un special “Chat Bite” à krugger !!!!

7. 7 Charlie Lecach May 18th, 2009 at 7:52 am

If any US biker plan to visit France next year, this is definitely the place to go. I’d suggest to spend a few days in Paris, then head to the south for the Euro Festival and enjoy the sun and the scenery. Yes this started as a HOG event, but it also turned out to be more and more a huge custom bike event, with some of the best European customizers coming with their new bikes. Plus, all the guys from the organization and security seem to be British, at least you hear English spoken everywhere. Two days before the event started, I helped Marcus Walz to make a reservation for a top notch mobile home located directly on the beach where the main event takes place. It was 60 euros per night for 4 people, so the usual “Saint Tropez prices” aren’t even an excuse for not attending this event. Hope to see many of you there next year. Just for you to know, I’m NOT one of the organizers !

8. 8 Lee Chapin May 18th, 2009 at 11:14 am

A couple of years back 10 of us rode into St. Tropez on that narrow
    two lane, splitting lanes into on coming traffic, thought we were badass, til this cute little local blew by us on her scooter. Great to be hanging out in such a cool place on the French Rivera.
    Go and enjoy the ride.

9. 9 Benoit Cazenave May 21st, 2009 at 8:56 am

I confirm ! Great time in Saint Tropez. I am a regular every summer and can attest that even without the Euro Festival going on it is a very biker friendly place to be. But with 15000 bikers and many incredible bikes it becomes a dream. Don’t miss it next year !