Robbie Knievel Plans To Jump 180 Feet Over Trucks During Rally Of Texas

robbiekievelTo start his Farewell World Tour Robbie Knievel, son of famed daredevil Evil Knieveil is planning to jump 180 feet over 3 18-wheelers in front of the Austin Capitol on Congress Ave. More than 200,000 spectators are expected to fill the streets of downtown Austin. Many of those will be R.O.T rally fans and attendees that will parade downtown on their motorcycles for the annual event.

Knievel’s stunt man career began at the age of four when he started jumping his bicycle. He moved to jumping motorcycles at the age of seven, began touring with his father, Robert “Evel” Knievel, when he was 12 years old, and has been a famous motorcycle daredevil since 1979

13 Responses to “Robbie Knievel Plans To Jump 180 Feet Over Trucks During Rally Of Texas”

1. 1 WT May 28th, 2009 at 7:56 am

What a wuss.

2. 2 Jeff Nicklus May 28th, 2009 at 10:19 am

WT,

Dude, if I had said that I would catch all kinds of hell! Excuse me Baby Bear & Levi, I should have said …. “catch all kinds of grief” ………..

Over & Out,

Jeff

3. 3 harry May 28th, 2009 at 11:36 am

180 feet? There has been numerous guys that have done 180 + feet already; Larry Linkogle, Robbie Maddison, Seth Enslow, Trigger Gumm, and probably more that I’m probably not aware of.
    Compared to many of the riders above, Robbie Knievel really isn’t all that good. Not to throw the guy under the bus, but I’ve seen him long-distance jump and he really doesn’t have a lot of skill. Just my opinion for what it’s worth…

4. 4 Charlie May 28th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

When you guys are ready to get on your bikes and attemped to jump it 180 feet, let me know! I’ll pay to watch you crash and burn! Go for it… it should make for a good laugh.

Charlie.

5. 5 Lyle May 28th, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Any middle aged guy who jumps 180 feet is allright in my book. The fact that he’s still doing it is sort of amazing. The most I ever jumped was a picnic table at Sturgis and I crashed.

6. 6 fuji May 28th, 2009 at 1:12 pm

There are different levels of any sport or endeavor and different levels of promotion.
    There are those who don’t know , those who will never know and those who don’t really care.

Look deeply and closely at the person you admire and is it for their accomplishments or the accomplished efforts of [the originator ] others.

Surfing: Riding on the waves of others for reality dictates that your accomplishments although being admirable may not be on par with the upper echelon of the times.

All in the name of money and the snake oil that cures all

Sincerely.
    Cliff ‘ord’ Edge

PS. drop over for killer fun.
    limited space so buy your ticket

you don’t want to miss this

7. 7 fuji May 28th, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Charlie
    May 28th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

5 Lyle
    May 28th, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Thanks for reinforcing my point . The promotors know that you are out there THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY !

8. 8 MotoXcycle May 28th, 2009 at 1:46 pm

It’s funny how the instant you leave the ground time slows way down and it seems like you’re in the air forever.

Only when you touch down does everything speed up again-it’s like you’ve left reality for a moment.

I hope the landing goes well-it’s too bad you can’t just keep on flying when you’re up there.

9. 9 Jeff Nicklus May 28th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Robbie may be “Old”, “Middle Aged” and a “wus” …… but I can tell you this …. you would not catch by butt out there attempting to jump 180 feet on a motorcycle! No way Jose! My hat is off to him!

Over & Out,

Jeff

10. 10 nicker May 28th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

RE:
    “… jumped was a picnic table at Sturgis and I crashed …”

Well, that could-a been entertaining……………… 🙂

-nicker-

11. 11 Lyle May 28th, 2009 at 7:32 pm

Yeah, well the owners of the tent I bounced into weren’t too happy and I had to redo the leafspring on the old Chief. The spring bottomed out on the tire which locked it up and over the bars I went into the tent.

12. 12 Bradley K May 28th, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Knievel is a name that will be remembered. Good luck RK

1. 1 trucks accessories » Blog Archive » Robbie Knievel Plans To Jump 180 Feet Over Trucks During Rally Of … Pingback on May 29th, 2009 at 10:36 am
Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc.
Affliction Holdings, LLC