A One-Million Mile Ride On A Harley-Davidson Gets You A Free Brand New One

roadatcyrilhuzeblogFormer  State Senator Dave Zien of Eau Claire bought new his 91 Harley FXRT and hit the 1 million-mile mark on April 4. As amazing, Dave kept all his gas receipts and repair records to prove every mile of his 18-year ride! The Factory is so proud of him that it was decided to give him a brand new bike in exchange of the old one. If you go to Sturgis, the bike will be on display at the Sturgis Motorcycle Hall Of Fame, then the bike will return to Wisconsin where it will be in permanent exhibition at the Harley-Davidson Museum.

11 Responses to “A One-Million Mile Ride On A Harley-Davidson Gets You A Free Brand New One”

1. 1 Joe Mielke Jun 2nd, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Wow, Where did he find the time? Being from the Great White North he must have several over seas trips. Can’t imagine those mile were in Wisconsin, let alone the continental United States. The story has to be greater than we know.

2. 2 Lyle Jun 2nd, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I’d like to know how many rebuilds. I have 130, 000 on one of my shovelheads and have done the bottom once and the top end is on it’s final overbore at .060. At any rate, 10^6 is alot of miles for anything, he must have been riding pretty near full time…..

3. 3 ray c wheeler Jun 2nd, 2009 at 11:32 pm

One helleve man , one helleva true story .

Your gonna miss that FXR .

Congratulations Senator ,

4. 4 Mike Greenwald Jun 3rd, 2009 at 1:56 am

I believe I heard nine rebuilds.

I think he already has 18,000 miles or so on the new bike. He said his goal is 100,000 miles by the first of the year.

Dave has a second FXR that is for sale.

5. 5 Rodent Jun 3rd, 2009 at 8:10 am

The FXR is the best bike Harley ever built!

6. 6 Sturgis Fan Jun 3rd, 2009 at 9:47 am

It is my understanding that the bike has been donated to the Museum in Sturgis and will be loaned back to the Harley Museum on a temporary basis.

7. 7 Brandon Jun 3rd, 2009 at 9:52 am

Sturgis Fan. Thank you for telling us but you should read again Cyril’s article. It’s already there!

8. 8 bigalyts Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:33 am

Unbelievable, what a “Biker” and lover of Motorcycles you must be.Senator. I wish you another 2 Million miles ! Wow Harley Davidson you are real Big Shots. Give the “Senator” a new Bike for His Old Bike that you will Promote the Hell out of the mileage feat for your Own Good. If that was anybody or a nobody that same deal or Gift should apply I think just for having and keeping His Records is enough to give Him or Anybody else for that matter, a New Harley of their choice. I will bet you Cheap Pricks @ Harley did not even give The SENATOR the Bike of His choice! Harley Davidson Gives but, Gets much more in return. THERE ARE NO FREE LUNCHES AT HARLEY DAVIDSON !

9. 9 KAM Jun 5th, 2009 at 9:15 am

Dave rides hard, I know because I ride hard.
    In Leinies Land that means every day you can get out you do. I ride in twenty degree weather, and see Dave. I ride in pouring rain, and see Dave. I go to buy new plugs, and see Dave at the shop. He comes to all the rally’s he can, always has the American and Wisconsin flag waving from his bike, and always has a big grin.
    A true biker, Dave rides!

10. 10 Mick Chadwick- Custom Cruisers.com Jun 8th, 2009 at 8:08 am

Better to keep the FXR they should give him the bike as well- tight gits! Mike

11. 11 Buttercup Jim Jun 15th, 2009 at 8:07 pm

Last month, three of us were heading to LA from Virginia to ride the Run For The Wall. We were staying at a Motel 6 in Phoenix when I looked out to the parking lot and saw this grizzly-looking dude with three big flags on his bike. I walked over to say HI and see how they were mounted. I had just read an article about a biker who put 1,000,000 miles on his Harley. What are the odds–this was the guy, Million Mile Mike. We talked a little then went our separate ways. Ride safe, Mike, and thanks for the Indian Tear. A nicer guy you will not meet on the road.