SBA To Help Motorcycle Dealers Finance Their Showroom Inventory

showroomIn these tough economic times motorcycle dealers have extreme difficulties to borrow to finance the purchase of the new motorcycles they feature on the floor of their dealerships. Not having the cash flow to auto finance their flooring many of them have drastically reduced their inventory and some were even obliged to close by lack of products to be presented to potential clients. On July 1st, 09 the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will offer motorcycle dealers the tools and resources they need to survive in the current economic climate.

SBA will conduct a program called  the Dealer Floor Plan (DFP), offering government guaranteed loans to finance inventory. DFP loans will be available for a minimum of $500,000 up to the $2 million. With a maximum repayment term of five years, the loans will come with a 75 percent government guarantee.  Borrowers will also benefit from the temporary elimination of loan fees made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. All loans (lines of credit) will be made through SBA lenders to creditworthy dealerships that meet the lender’s requirements and demonstrate sound finances and a viable business plan. Small Business Administration.

34 Responses to “SBA To Help Motorcycle Dealers Finance Their Showroom Inventory”

1. 1 J Jun 22nd, 2009 at 12:10 am

Interesting…. Let’s track and see who, if anyone, actually receives one of these SBA DFP loans- the stimulus looks great on paper, but I want to see tangible lending……….

2. 2 Jeff Nicklus Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:15 am

Nothing more than smoke and mirrors from the Obama clan.

Over & Out,

3. 3 FUJI Jun 22nd, 2009 at 12:15 pm

Jeff, what happened to the good old simple life that Igrew up with.
    It’ time to head for the hills buy a few acres [ remote ] a mo- bile home = estate a couple guns, lots of amo ,and provisions. I’am getting to old for all this BS.

4. 4 Jeff Nicklus Jun 22nd, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I, along with my guns, ammo and my dog, am moving to Montana and going to become a Dental Floss Farmer …. the hell with the Socialist’s!

Over & Out,

5. 5 Jacky Jun 22nd, 2009 at 12:36 pm

I guess President Obama irritates all those who understand nothing about economics and social justice. Bush understood better. NO!

6. 6 Jeff Nicklus Jun 22nd, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Anyone with a name that ends in a “y” of worse yet “ie”….. needs to first come out of the training pants first and then comment on “big people” subjects! Now go flip some more hamburgers and hush! Please leave the economics of this country to we few who actually pay taxes. FUJI and I have things under control.

Over & Out,

7. 7 Steve Carr Jun 22nd, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Let me take care of the burger flippin’, Cause I know nothing about how to fix the mess we are about to be in real soon if the people whe are supposed to know how to fix it keep doing what they are doing. We may all be fightn’ to flip burgers soon!

Steve Carr

8. 8 RJ Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:06 pm

guess we’re just “bitter white people clinging to God and our guns!!” A quote from our socialist leader BHO! Load up!!

9. 9 Jeff Nicklus Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:08 pm

RJ, More of us are locked and loaded than DC can even imagine!

Over & Out,

10. 10 nicker Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Jeff & Fuji

“…. It’ time to head for the hills buy a few acres [ remote ] …”

Sorry, won’t be able to dodge the BO bullet any more than Randy Wiever (actually his wife & son) was able to dodge Clinton…..
    The Janette Reno goon squad stormed his “estate” all the way out to Ruby Ridge.

Yesterday BO took over the Auto industry.
    Today BO took over the Tobacco industry.
    Your health care is next.
    What then…. the Motorcycle industry…???

Only about three choices left:
    -1- be a BenDover
    -2- be an Activist.
    -3- be dead.

“…understand nothing about economics and social justice…”

If History is any criterion, you have some serious reality checks coming your way.

11. 11 Grayhawk Jun 22nd, 2009 at 5:02 pm

They can imagine, they just stopped the sale of spent 223 brass to the reloaders in Georga and are selling it to China in a meltdown state, so ya might not have as much to take going forward unless stocked up and you might get a couple more dogs for the cold ass Three Dog Nights up there. Being the entrepreneur you are I know you know most of those Montana boys don’t have any teeth. Your probably ahead of the game and are going to pitch the floss for prairie dog snares all the while telling the potential buyers they are Texas Ground Squirrels. Montana sounds good about now its right at 100 deg f here today.

The SBA has been one of the better agencies over the years though, credit given there as for years they would conduct seminars to teach newbee’s going into business the in’s and out’s and do’s and don’ts, they being a bunch of retired business people of most walks, voluntering to go around the country with some, been there done that, and already ran into that wall so don’t do that advice. Was a good thing but don’t know if they still do that kind a thing.

12. 12 Frank Goldman Jun 22nd, 2009 at 6:38 pm

The last 4 rednecks above, with their guns & dogs just expressed their opinion. They are so redneck that they even don’t remember that the mess was created by Bush years ago. I agree with them that they can move to a very remote place.Outside the country is better, in a “Banana Republic” for example.

13. 13 Jenzel Jun 22nd, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I heard that Bush & Chesney are already written by historians as the worst ever American administration. And I agree. Support your new President Barack Obama trying to save America from its rednecks.

14. 14 Jeff Nicklus Jun 22nd, 2009 at 6:57 pm

Frank Goldman,

Get your head out of your liberal ass! This “mess”, as you refer to it, started with a man named William Jefferson Clinton ….. not George Bush. Bush just allowed the mess Clinton started to continue and fester until the infection finally became terminal.

Now with this socialist SOB we now have in the White House things have quickly gone from bad to worse ….. and we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg! Hold on to your boot straps because we as a country are in for a hell of a ride.

Most will remember my friend “Gar” who once upon a time would comment on this site ….. he told me before the election, and I quote: “if that Socialist MF gets elected I will liquidate all my holdings in this country and leave. Within a year after he is sworn in the ghetto will become the new norm and guess who will be supporting the unemployables? Not me!” …. guess what boys and girls he did exactly what he said he would do …. he liquidated his holdings and he and his family are all living in the lap of luxury in the islands. Hell, my wife and I are going down for a visit in November and we may just stay as well.

Over & Out,

15. 15 Grayhawk Jun 22nd, 2009 at 8:49 pm

Frankie, thanks. My neck is red but so is my whole body as I am a bit Indian. As far as moving to a banana republic, might not have to move as this may become the biggest banana republic of all soon. Maybe even those with color blindness may be seeing red then, are ya brushed up on your Chinese.
    Don’t know why you felt compelled to mess up my joke with Jeff, surely your neck isn’t glowing with a different shade of red..

16. 16 RJ Jun 22nd, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Hey Frank not to sound like the racest BO you likely voted for, take a look around, any neighborhood I’ve been in with the unemployed ghetto types has gone from bad to worse. I’m guessin’ this great country we live in, is headed in the same direction with this clown!

17. 17 James Jun 22nd, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Jeff, if you dont like the democratic process of your country by which Obama was elected move to Iran. They know how to rig everything and misinform people. It’s what you do. Go back to school to learn the definition of socialism. Obama is not socialist. He is a capitalist believing that capitalism must have rules to avoid excesses unfairly benefiting a few and hurting the majority. Bush the worst ever president. Obama, the best theIUS has ever known. He is too bright for you to understand.

18. 18 RJ Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:02 pm

James, Is that why ACORN is being investigated for voter fraud? because it was a fair election? I’ve seen interviews of people saying they voted 3-4 times! Maybe you and obama should move to Iran!

19. 19 phil Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:21 pm

i appreciate the subject matter that cyril has provided here and would like to thank him. under leave a reply he asks us to avoid hateful language. this was news about the sba loan program and not the obama bashing blog.
    there is a blog run by rush Limbaugh that has the same old sour grapes that some are saying here. if you have nothing credible or positive to say here, please don’t waste your time. you really need to spout off to people (such as the rush site), that can relate to the dumbass soundbytes you have been brainwashed into believing. get off your little soapbox and join the new american movement…. or get out of my great country

proud to be an American again,

20. 20 RJ Jun 22nd, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Phil, You sound like Michelle Obama. I’ve always been proud of “my” country and being American! Regardless of who’s running it into the ground!

21. 21 nicker Jun 23rd, 2009 at 12:09 am

“…this was news about the sba loan program and not the obama bashing blog…”

Look, this blog is about a dialog of ideas.
    You don’t have to read what ya don’t like what is being said.
    And your more than welcome to challenge anything that isn’t fact

However, you don’t get to decide what can and what can’t be posted.

“…or get out of my great country…”

So, exactly what is it that you’ve contributed to [your] country….?
    (hint, simply living here doesn’t count)

22. 22 phil Jun 23rd, 2009 at 7:34 am

i build and test and refuel fluid systems for nuclear reactors on our nuclear sub fleet, the deadliest tool in the world. don’t turn this into a personal attack on me, you need to look within and contrbute to the new direction our / my country is going.

23. 23 Jeff Nicklus Jun 23rd, 2009 at 10:26 am

Below you will find a copy of a letter wriiten by a Firth Grade Teacher in Hillsboro, MO and e-mailed to me moments ago. Please read the entire letter and try to absorb as much of the info as possible of it’s content!

The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington , DC 20500

Mr. Obama:

I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an adequate representative of the United States of America collectively or of me personally.

You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the United States of America. You are responsible to the citizens of the United States.

You are not responsible to the peoples of any other country on earth. I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe? Are you brain dead ? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about?

Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century? Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage. Do you not understand this?

Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia. You don’t show Great Britain , our best and one of our oldest allies, the respect they deserve yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia . How dare you, sir! How dare you!

You can’t find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because you don’t want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey . You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who saved the German
    people from themselves. What’s the matter with you?

I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you. You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American automobile manufacturers yet do
    nothing about the real thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.

What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff members – on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves? I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus. I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer.

You haven’t said anything about that. Who authorized that? I surely didn’t! Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210 million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that’s
    $45 million more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million – not a bad take. Who authorized that and why haven’t you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely responsible for the economic mess we have right now.

I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you. I also
    want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities. I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms destroying my beautiful country.

Every Real American

Ms Kathleen Lyday
    Fourth Grade Teacher
    Grandview Elementary School
    11470 Hwy. C
    Hillsboro, MO 63050

Well Phil, I suppose that about sums that up now doesn’t it?

Over & Out,

24. 24 James Jun 23rd, 2009 at 11:06 am

Sorry, Jeff. It doesn’t demonstrate anything. Just Rush Limbaugh propaganda. I think a lot of people on this website are tired of your political ramblings. You also damage your business. As you stated before, a good solution for you is to move to a very far away island without a computer and shut up. It will be a service rendered to the motorcycle industry.

25. 25 Jeff Nicklus Jun 23rd, 2009 at 11:19 am

The letter demonstrates and expresses what so many people in this country feel about Obama. Have you seen how his poll numbers are dropping? Further, I won’t be moving anywhere outside of this country on a permanent basis …. so deal with it. Damage my business ??? I doubt it! The vast majority of my clients agree with me.

I love you liberals …. as a Liberal you feel it is your God given duty to bash Bush/Cheney anytime and anywhere possible, however, if I or any other conservative dare say anything about the “Anointed One” we are labeled as “Haters”, “Bigots”, “Ignorant” “Rednecks” etc. I love it! Just think I have 3 1/2 more years to hammer the “Anointed One” and his blind followers … I am so excited!

Over & Out,

26. 26 Cyril Jun 23rd, 2009 at 11:42 am

I would appreciate if everybody would stay centered on my original topic. I understand that my article can result in some comments with a political connotation, but what I just read above is getting too far away from the interesting question. Do you think that such a SBA program can help motorcycle dealers and benefit buyers?

27. 27 Grayhawk Jun 23rd, 2009 at 1:11 pm

As stated previously I think the SBA has in the past been one of the better government agencies and have afforded in the past good info and start oportunities to those engaging in entrepreneurship.

By extending a loan opportunity with friendlier terms to maintain a business that is performing under tighter circumstances but is still sound is not a bad thing, as they are taking an educated risk based on the business’s numbers if qualifying that said business can sustain the storm as it is known today.

I believe some members of Congress and Motorcycle interest parties lobbied hard to include this industry as well as the RV and Boat industries and not just the auto specific interests, again not a bad thing. Noting all will not qualify and should not in my opinion. Having said that If credit tightens up with lender sources whether the government securing 75% of said loans aside, it may be for not and may not be afforded by lenders which may signal further decline in the industry and your beloved livelihoods. This may be considered similar to the Fed thru its FDIC wing is guarantying an individuals deposits up to $250k for instance taking risk bank will not fail or in limited numbers only. In this case hopefully a sound numbers supported business loan. Not a bailout in my mind. But yes continuing blather to some.

28. 28 nicker Jun 23rd, 2009 at 10:49 pm

O.K. Back on topic.

So, how does loaning money to buy inventory ya can’t sell help?

Doesn’t this sound about the same as making home loans to people who can’t pay-em back?

This economy should be allowed to create private sector jobs, not generate more public debt.

No economy in history ever borrowed its way out of debt. Not even “…the new direction our / my country is going…” Moreover, history tells us there is nothing new about it…. not by a long shot.

But then, in an alternative reality where one can “refuel fluid systems for nuclear reactors” (?), perhaps anything is possible.

29. 29 Conrad Nicklus Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:31 am

Ok Ok Ok… Time for me to step in and place my face for a way to reconcile all of my outstanding and liberating Republican friends on this Thread. I feel that some of you Liberal punks do not understand how BAD of a President Obama really is. You can not be serious when you say you want this country to go into a Socialist state. I had to go get some Jose out of the cabinet as I read some of your stupid and inconsistent posts on here, which is bad, my friends. So, we all share one thing, we love bikes, but we don’t always have to share the same views on politics, which is understandable ( even though my opinion is you should all follow my opinion and become a Republican like me  , sorry had to throw it in). But what infuriates me is the fact that some of you are so naïve and blind that you don’t see exactly what this stupid, egomaniac is doing to OUR country. I feel that my constitutional rights as a GUN OWNER are being jeopardized because some of you pussy cowards are afraid little Johnny is going to find one of my pistols and shoot himself on accident. Well there are many ways around that kind of issue. But let’s get into the real “gun control” issues. It is the fortified ghetto “Negros” who are out killing themselves off by the thousands and the amounts of shootings they have in their “ghettos”. These “ghettos” are funded by US, the real hardworking Americans who deserve to keep their money for real things and not giving it away so that the Government can fund our organized crime (politics/police) and give money to the Ghettos in forms of Welfare. This is wrong and Banana Barrack is trying to instill this mindset into the American people. Guess what guys, only the Liberals and the weak are falling for it, not the intelligent and the strong. He is going to tear down this country, the mother fucker BOWED TO THE KING OF SAUDI ARABIA AND ABU DABI FOR CHRIST SAKE. Americans DO NOT bow to anyone folks.
    Let’s think on a more even keel here. Ok, you Liberals blame the past issues all on Bush correct? Did you ever stop to realize that the issues he had faced and had given a bad reputation for were ones left behind from the Clinton Administration? I mean come on this is absurd that some of you get on here and rant about how you think Obama is the greatest thing since Jesus Christ himself. This guy is a flake, a fraud, a snake. This guy is dangerous, this guy is scary and this guy is the downfall of America and everything we stand for.

So now you can all call me racist for not liking Obama, that is ok that is fine. But remember one thing; you are the racist ones for calling me racist when I have said nothing about racism or that Obama’s color affects my decision on whether or not I like him and his five million page long policies.

Remember this we are Americans, we are free, we have rights and we have our true Faith in God and the will of our Nation. We will always keep our freedom and our hand on our hearts when we stand for our flag. Same goes for our weapons of choice, they are here to stay.

Locked and loaded
    Conrad Nicklus

30. 30 Conrad Nicklus Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:36 am

Let me get this correct. You are a Liberal/Democrat yet you help to build the “deadliest tool in the world” Dude you have your ideas and morals all kinds of fucked up. I would check where you are in life and what Obama will do for you before you help support him. Isnt he trying to stop the Military in their tracks?? You could be out of a job soon, oh shit one more person I have to support on welfare. LOL

31. 31 nicker Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:22 pm

Our friend Phil must be from some alternative Military where they have “…refuel fluid systems for nuclear reactors …”

Last time i worked out at the Navy’s David Taylor Model Basin the fuel used by our subs came in rods, not fluid.

32. 32 Jeff Nicklus Jun 25th, 2009 at 10:08 am

nicker, Conrad,

I believe what Phil is trying to say with his comment of “refuel fluid systems for nuclear reactors on our nuclear sub fleet”….. when translating his “Goevrnmentise” I find his actual MOS is: “Urinal Fluids Changer Upper and Cleaner” …… he needs to stay a little farther away from those damn fuel rods … they are starting to work on his brain!

Over & Out,

33. 33 Big Bonie Aug 18th, 2009 at 11:55 pm

I hope the sensible posters here will stop replying to the likes of Nicklus and the other uneducated bigots…ever notice who the first person to post to a new headline is? its Nicklus…..thats all he does…he’s a squid looking for attention…Mr. Huze should pull his account for contravening the posted Conditions of Use. Nickus’s entire day is wrapped up in getting a response here….he’s a poseur.

1. 1 motorcycles tools » Blog Archive » SBA To Help Motorcycle Dealers Finance Their Showroom Inventory at … Pingback on Jun 22nd, 2009 at 11:17 pm