The New American IronHorse Files For Bankruptcy And Liquidate

amerucan-ironhorse-motorcycleIf you feel like you read before the same story in my Blog, you are almost right. Except that the owners are different, and yes it’s a new American IronHorse bankruptcy that I am announcing! And guess what? The press release states, as usual, that after the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filing, the company intends (again) to reorganize and manufacture “state-of-the-art motorcycles”! But of course, it will be a new “right-sized” facility!!! (I love euphemisms) And of course, all vultures are ready to get on the cheap 1 of the 100 unsold motorcycles, or at least a few parts or piece of equipment or tools. As usual (it must be nice to sell several times the same stuff) Liquid Asset Partners LLC is in charge of liquidating to the best bidders everything that would be “in excess to the new downsized operation” (I just told you, I love euphemisms).

“We have no illusions, the market is very soft and we are prepared to deeply discount everything.” says Bill Melvin Jr, CEO of Liquid Assets Partners.The liquidation sale starts Wednesday July 15th at the American Ironhorse Factory 4600 Blue Mound Road in Forth Worth, TX and is open to the public everyday until everything is sold.  Hours of operation are 10am till 7pm Monday thru Saturday and 12noon to 5pm on Sunday. Buyers may view bikes online at Liquid Partners or come directly to the factory, to see where and how they were made. Amen…

92 Responses to “The New American IronHorse Files For Bankruptcy And Liquidate”

1. 1 Southfork Feb 20th, 2010 at 11:29 am

For those of you with an Ironhorse with no problems, I am thrilled for you. I own an o4 AIH Outlaw, I love that bike in a way only another AIH owner will understand. BUT I have had problem after problem with that bike. I do understand its a custom and there is always gonna be something that needs to be tinkered with. I have no problem with that. but 6 months after buying my dream bike my inner primary bearing and seal went out, then my shocks went bad, I have a vibration that is so bad it has broken 3 sets of mirrors. I am about to put my 3rd starter in it. I have spent well over $5000 dollars in repairs that should have been covered by a warranty that was voided shortly after buying the bike. And by the way my Dealer (who is a snake)is the only one in CT. who someone earlier spoke so highly of. As much trouble as I have had I still love that motorcycle. Whats not yo like 27 shows, 31 trophies. it is one stunning motorcycle.

2. 2 Southfork Feb 21st, 2010 at 12:37 am

Oh yea and by the way on the bike mentioned above I forgot to mention that the weld on the tank has broken twice. The tank had to be removed, welded and then repainted on the bottom to cover the grey primer. And then put back on the bike! Sure wish I had a warranty!!!!!!!!

3. 3 LiveFreeOrDie Feb 21st, 2010 at 4:52 pm

My biggest maintenance investment seems to be tires. The Metzeler 300 wears out around 5000 miles, and it’s $500 to get it changed every summer. I get about 10K on the front. Does anyone recommend any other brands like Avon? Does Dunlop sell 300 series tires?

4. 4 thebat15 Mar 14th, 2010 at 8:55 am

i put a new set of vance and hine big radius pipes on my 04 texas chopper.
    the sound and performance has been enhanced. and i think it looks better too.
    thinking of changing speedo though. works ok until it gets wet.
    any suggestion as to what to replace it with? thanks!

5. 5 Southfork Mar 31st, 2010 at 10:26 am

as far as your speedo, call ThunderHeart. They are the manufacturer of the speedo. I had the same prob, just got mine back. they replace the innerworking with new and all will be OK. it cost $125, money well spent.

6. 6 thebat15 Apr 8th, 2010 at 10:38 am

Southfork…I went with the Digital Dakota 7400. easy to install and calibrate.
    Much easier to read than the AIH original speedo. (I reads blue instead of red)
    Thanks for your input though!

7. 7 rio Apr 23rd, 2010 at 12:58 am

I own 2006 texas chopper and its been a great bike! had no problem except the speedo died
    after 2 months. Its my starbuck coffee bike and guys and gals at the coffee shops just loves
    the slick looks. low and long. Its just a beautiful chopper. On a nice sunny day during weekends
    I park this bike in from of my beautiful house This bike attrack lookers. People like its look.
    I have a blue 67 shelby GT500, a black 79 930t porsche and a black 2006 AIH choopper and this
    texas chopper makes me fell like a man. NO REGREAT this is one great bike. It wasnt a cheap
    bike either.

8. 8 lairbear May 9th, 2010 at 8:53 am

I own a 2007 Texas Chopper. I have had no problems with the bike except for the lousy speedo and cheap mirrors. I sent the speedo to ThunderHeart for repair and it works most of the time. I bought the bike with 60 miles showing on the odometer but I wonder how miles were actually on it. Oh well, guess it doesn’t matter. The bike is beautiful and I love riding it. The 111 engine purrs like a kitten and has plenty of get up and go for me. I would like to find some custom pipes for it other than the Vance and Hines Big Radius, I had a set of those on my Fatboy and would not buy them again. They look good but blow dirt on everyone you ride past and it is impossible to keep the rear wheel clean. I do love the bike and plan on keeping it forever. Like everone else I will ride my Harley Ultra Classics on long trips. My wife can actually pack all of her shit on it.

9. 9 vman60 May 11th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I have a 05 texas chopper and I am pretty sure its porsch guards red. Anyone know where to find the paint code. Thanks.

10. 10 HD4me Jun 6th, 2010 at 8:24 am

Hey ‘livefreeordie’ did you ever get an answer about your back tire? I’ve got matbe another 1000 mi. until I have to replace mine. I think I’m going to try Avon. 5000 miles out of a tire is rediculous. I just got my speedo and ECU back from thunderheart. The speedo was free, but my ECU was $200. But, my fuel injection is now fullt programmable. I’ll write back later to give my results. Everyone at Thunderheart have been awsome! This is how you run a company. Oh, I still love my ’07 Slammer

11. 11 StreetGlider Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:19 am

I currently own a 2007 Street Glide that customized to the max. I love the bike, don’t get me wrong, but when I sit and look at it, it doesn’t move me. I love hearing my wife says how comfortable she is when we ride, but I want to look good rolling down the road, turning heads, etc. Harleys sometimes come a dime-a-dozen, and I’m not saying their not good looking bikes. I just want some advice about weather I should trade my street glide for a 2007 Texas Chopper.

I have an opportunity to trade “straight up” my street glide the texas chopper. Do they come with sissy-bars w/pads (for the wife)? How do they compare, let’s say on 100 mile trips?, how many “true” miles do they get down the road?

I’d appreciate your honest feedback as I don’t want any regrets.

Thanks…

12. 12 LiveFreeOrDie Jun 28th, 2010 at 9:50 pm

To StreetGlider: It depends on how long you want to ride. I don’t own a Street Glide OR a Texas Chopper, but I’m guessing the Harley is a long distance ride. I love my 07 Slammer, but my Road King will take me 2000 miles in 4 days, while sleeping in a tent each night. I really like the looks of a Texas Chopper, but where would you put your gear for long trips? I easily ride 300+ miles on my Slammer in a day, but I can’t take off when the weather is crappy. I’ve taken off for Sturgis on my Road King in the pouring rain. My girlfriend actually likes the ride of the Slammer better than the Road King, but then again she likes the attention! My suggestion is do what makes YOU happy, but consider what you want to do with the bike. I can probably guess that the Street Glide practically drives itself, whereas the Texas Chopper has to be driven. My Slammer is a totally different ride from my Road King and I love them both.
    To HD4me: I still haven’t found a solution to the 5000 mile rear tire. I guess one a year isn’t too bad.

13. 13 2stroker Jun 30th, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I want an opinion! I am looking at a 2003 AIH Stalker 107 S&S. It is a fantastic looking bike. It is bright orange with some long waving black & white checkered flags in the paint. The person selling it says it is a one of a kind that was built for the checker cab company as an advertising tool. Don’t know if he is feeding me a line or not, but still a great looking bike. It has 6000 miles and a wore out 300 back tire and some tlc to bring the sparkle back. Is it worth 12,995.00? Thanks for your opinion.

14. 14 HD4me Jul 5th, 2010 at 5:58 am

‘2Stroker’, your bike is worth $13,940 stock, based on KBB. But, that’s in my zip. ‘Streetglider’, I agree with ‘Livefreeordie’. I can go about 300 miles a day on my ’07 slammer. The Texas Chopper is very similar to the slammer in the seat and suspension. They do have sissy bars out there, but they are getting rare. Check e-bay, they usually have some.

15. 15 HD4me Jul 5th, 2010 at 6:22 am

Also ‘2stroker’, I have a new sissy bar made for a soft tail AIH. I think it’s for a 280 rear. It’s a little small for mine, as I have a 300. But, if you’re interested, let me know. I think it’s 12 1/2″ across and it has the mounting brackets.

16. 16 LiveFreeOrDie Jul 22nd, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Has anyone had trouble with their compressor not lifting the back of the bike (’07 Slammer)? I’m hoping it’s just a switch, but I’m not sure. It will only suck the rear end down and not lift it. Good thing for the neutral position release valves!

17. 17 tejasandre Jul 22nd, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Has this turned into the AIH forum? sounds like we need a site. 2005 Tejas, no major issues.

18. 18 John Aug 17th, 2010 at 9:02 am

Looking at a 04 Texas Chooper, any input?

19. 19 tbolt Sep 6th, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I have 06 outlaw , i was cleaning it up to go for a bike night , the damn thing GHOST started on me and shot across the garage floor and hit the garage wall !!! I thouht a plane hit the house while i was inside gettin ready , dented the tank (which A I H fixed ) , had to replace ignition , ( warrenty) . A fter that no issues with a bike i fall in love with everytime i look at it and ride it ………

20. 20 Southfork Sep 7th, 2010 at 7:13 am

2stroker, I have an 04 Outlaw and a Ultra Classic, the Outlaw is an awesome bike but not for long rides. This was our only bike for 3 yrs. we rode daily and all weekend. But after buying the Ultra, any long term trips we take the Ultra. As far as sissy bars go. Go to “americandragseats.com” and buy a 2up seat with a built in backrest in the seat. I bought one and it is the best option for a sissy bar. When the wife is not with me I put the solo seat back on. I love it because the are no holes drilled in the fender. It goes on by suction cups and looks awesome. If you would like to see photos please email me and I will email them to you.

stj1964@comcast.net

21. 21 ronald figueroa Sep 17th, 2010 at 6:40 pm

i have a iron horse slammer 2006 i have it all legal..,but frame is crack.how can i get a new frame

22. 22 Jake Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:16 am

Looking for thoughts/ideas…

I have a 07 Slammer and have had a problem with the bike ‘coughing’ or sputtering when I jump on the gas. It’s like the bike isn’t getting fuel. If I ease into the gas, it doesn’t seem to occur. However, it occasionally occurs even at cruising speed. The crank position sensor has been changes, the TPS changed 3 times, and the ECM sent to Thunderheart and tested fine, yet still gives TPS error code when back on my bike. Has anyone else had this issue, or similar issue. Shop hasn’t been able to figure this out for 3 months now!!!!

23. 23 HD4me Nov 1st, 2010 at 8:47 pm

You’re in luck! Yes, I’ve had the same issue. The knuckle heads at Ironhorse wired your fuel injection backwards. (front cylinder to rear cylinder). Thunderheart clued me into it and I’ve since fixed the issue. I also sent my ECU to thunderheart, and for $200 they made it fully programmable. I took it to Eastern performance here in Md. and they dyno’d it for me. 118hp/ 119lbs. torque. Runs awsome now. I have the wiring diagram and will send it to you if you are willing to leave your e-mail.

24. 24 HD4me Nov 1st, 2010 at 8:52 pm

PS Jake… If you don’t feel comfortable giving your e-mail, Keith kittle at Thunderheart is the guy who sent me the wiring diagram. He should be able to do the same for you. His number at thunderheart is 615-616-1128.

25. 25 LiveFreeOrDie Nov 10th, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Hey Jake if you’re unsure about the wiring thing, check this out first! I had a very similar situation when I first bought my 07 Slammer. Sometimes when I would get on to it at a stop light, the thing would pop and fart and leave me a little red in the face! One time when I started it, the bike tached out in neutral so I immediately shut it down. Seems to have just been a case of resetting the sensors. To me it sounded too simple, but it did the trick and I haven’t had a problem with it since. Here’s the steps:
    1. Turn ignition to run without starting for 60 seconds and then turn it off.
    2. Again, turn the ignition to run without starting 3 times in concession each time for 15 seconds. On 15 seconds off…3 times.
    3. From off, start it twice- each time running for 10 seconds.
    4. Last step is to start it again cold and leave it running until HOT!
    It sounds like a bunch of bologna, but you’ll be amazed at what this can do for ya!
    Print these directions and keep ’em in a safe place! You never know when you can help out a friend! Hope I just did! Stan, N.H. Live Free Or Die!

26. 26 darkstormcloud9 Nov 24th, 2010 at 12:21 pm

What kind of gas mileage should a 2006 Texas Chopper achieve?

27. 27 tejasandre Nov 24th, 2010 at 1:32 pm

between 30 & 40 depending on your driving style.

28. 28 darkstormcloud9 Nov 24th, 2010 at 1:43 pm

tejasandre Thank you for your reply. I’m thinking about buying one, but I’ve scoured countless web-sites to obtain that information and came up empty, until I stumbled across this web-site. I wanted the mpg rating, as the gas tank only holds 3.5 gallons, and I travel about 80 miles a day, so it looks like I would have to fill it up EVERY day. Kind of a show stopper, but the bike does look sharp! Again thank you for your reply.

29. 29 Tor Apr 16th, 2011 at 2:32 am

Hello
    what is the newest American ironhorse Texas chopper or LSC i can get on the market,do they produce this bikes today or is they gone

30. 30 HD4me Apr 19th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Dey’s Gone

31. 31 tejasandre Apr 19th, 2011 at 3:58 pm

hit up ebay… ton of AIH going for 10k, low miles.

32. 32 HD4me Apr 20th, 2011 at 3:55 pm

The last year AIH made anything is 2009, TOR. But they were starting to beg barrow and steal after 2007. You might want to stick to 2007 or earlier. KBB only has 2007 or earlier listed as well.

33. 33 LiveFreeOrDie May 1st, 2011 at 8:44 pm

My ’07 Slammer is still kickin’ ass and takin’ names! So sad how greed got the best of ’em. They really got it right with this bike. It’s f**ckin’ AWESOME!

34. 34 HD4me May 18th, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

35. 35 06 Slammer 4me Jun 11th, 2011 at 10:44 am

I just bought my o6 slamer and it is great, dont really care whats going on with the he sead she sead crap, all i know is i wouldnt get rid of it untill a cant ride it no longer.Im only 38 yrs old so thats not going to happen any time soon.I would like to know where i can get some parts for it, like brake pads,rotors,and calipers. I live near Lima Ohio. Just so people know i wouldnt go back to HD untill i cant ride my iron horse. Steve

36. 36 HD4me Jun 20th, 2011 at 2:35 pm

E-Bay is a good place for your rotors. But everything else can be bought at just about any motorcycle shop. I’ve got PM calipers on mine and I love em.

37. 37 LiveFreeOrDie Jun 23rd, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Here we go again! My rear suspension crapped out on me again! Any suggestions? The bikes only got 16,000 miles on it.

38. 38 HD4me Jul 24th, 2011 at 2:32 pm

It’s been real guys, just sold my slammer. Keep the rubber on the road. Cycletrader if you’re interested. I had a lot of bites on that site.

39. 39 GoFast228 Sep 12th, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I own a 99 Outlaw. This bike rocked when I bought it and still rocks today. Tune ups, oil changes and tires…. bad bike bad bike. It’s made up of all the parts that you buy aftermarket to make your HD look this good. AIH simply found some the best looking and performing products to build a fantastic bike. So choose a starting point, convert your HD to look custom, or buy a bike built with the parts you’re trying to save up to buy anyway. Your big boyzzz, if your bike breaks, regardless of brand, fix it, make it better, and make it yours!!! If your AIH really worries you, buy a jap bike. They’re fantastic, they’re good looking, they’re all the same and they’re everywhere.

40. 40 Phoenix Sep 25th, 2011 at 6:32 am

AIH vs HD

Looking for pros/cons of a 2006-7 Texas chopper or Judge vs a HD softail custom

Spending $10,000-12,000

I live in the valley of the sun so I have pretty much year round riding weather & appox 90 mi daily commute on the freeway.

41. 41 Ross Sep 27th, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I too have 2 Ironhorse 07 Slammers, none of which gave any issues accept for the front forks making a grinding cracking sound when i turn left and right standing still. Still cant work it out. Other than that why do ppl bitch about AIH…jealousy is a curse. I love the 07 Slammer and they kick ass over any other bike and still do today. Every bike manufacture has it’s issues. Bad management was the cause of AIH going down. My Slammer is Awesome !!!!

42. 42 TommyFx Nov 14th, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I like to say, I have a 06 Texas, Chop. BlackCherry color. I am the proud owner of it since day 1 NEW…In the first year I had over 6 problems with it. But then I had them all taken care of by warranty. Today the bike still runs and handles great. The shop really did a bang up job repairing all these problems. I just love riding in the mountains of Woodstock,NY. Like I said “AIH really knew there stuff on getting these bikes going & looking great.” I shopped & looked at other companys for a good looking bike. I love mine. If there is anything that does go wrong. The aftermarket parts fit great on top of the AIH stuff.. I got more miles to ride. Hope to see a AIH club form up here.. It would be fantastic.. Shiny up/Rubber down.
    PEACE, Tommyfx