Breaking News. Billy Lane Sentenced To 6 Years In Prison.

billylanesentencingThis morning a 9 a.m. Billy Lane was in court in Viera, Florida to hear sentencing regarding the vehicular homicide case in connection with a September 4, 2006 crash that left Gerald Morelock dead. (The Live Video of the full Court proceedings and sentencing was online in my Blog all morning).

As expected, defense lawyer Greg Eisenmenger asked for a non-incarcerating sentence and presented a list of witnesses, including Billy’s mother and father arguing that what happened was an isolated incident, that Billy is very remorseful, has radically changed his lifestyle and reached out to the Morelock’s family since the tragedy happened. Eisenmenger also presented videos of the charity work done by Billy during his motorcycle builder career and argued that the sentence decided must give some punishment but not to the point of incarceration because it would prevent Billy to continue helping others in the community and in the motorcycle industry.

billylanesentenceThen, a very emotional Billy Lane, choking back tears, talked to the judge to take full responsibility for what happened, for the death of Gerald Morelock, saying that except reaching out to the Morelock family and continuing charity work, unfortunately there was nothing he could do. He also talked about his pain when he drove every day through the place where the accident happened. Billy said “I’m not looking for pity on myself. I pray to God for his soul and for his family.”

After a 20 minutes recess, Circuit Judge Robert Burger announced sentencing. 6 years in prison followed by 3 years of probation, his drivers license suspended for life, a 10-day DUI level 1 course (that Billy already completed), to attend a Victims Awareness Panel, and also ordered Lane to undergo random drug and alcohol testing upon his release from prison. Billy Lane was immediately handcuffed and escorted from the courtroom. Billy Lane, 39, faced up to nine years in prison. He has 30 days to appeal this sentencing.

On a personal note I will only say again that at some point in our lives, we all make mistakes with more or less consequence. Billy made a bad decision on September 4, 2006, and he cannot take it back. Billy, his friends, family & Gerald Morelock’s friends & family will all have to live with this tragedy for the rest of their lives. Public image can be quite different from reality and many of you are wrong about their perception of who the real Billy is. I consider Billy a brother of my industry, a fellow builder, and I am convinced that as soon as it will be possible for him to do so, Billy will act proactively to turn the lesson of this tragedy into a positive message for others. My thoughts to the Morelock & Lane families. Billy, I stand by you like you would stand for us. When you get out we will welcome you back in the motorcycle industry. Cyril.

114 Responses to “Breaking News. Billy Lane Sentenced To 6 Years In Prison.”

1. 1 Bigalyts Dec 20th, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Bella, you know I believe you ! It is not unbelievable at all! I am not startled or amazed at his actions. These are simply characteristics of an Alchoholic. What happened is the consequences of an Alchoholic. What and why He only got 6 years is, that the Man that was Killed was also drunk and has a History of being Drunk. I can’t call him an Alchoholic, because I don’t know anybody personally that can comment on His drinking behavior. Although I don’t believe that it is responsibile. I don’t think that His Attorney was any Top Shelf Wonders. These type of Mouth Pieces are not typically practicing in the Melborne area. I also believe that if He was in Dade County He would not have been sentenced to 6 years. I also believe that you are confessing of being an intimate or Bed Sharing friend of Billy’s. My point is that if you were concerned about Billy getting home safely, then why spend hour’s on the phone with Him? Why did you not be responsible and Come get Him and Drive Him Home??? Maybe just maybe bella he was on the phone with you before he Hit and Killed the Victim. You could have went to pick him up and been the designated Driver. He you might actually have been an Accecessory.

2. 2 bella Dec 20th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

BIG
    well i was NOT sleeping with him. Second i live in CANADA. HE would pass out and leave the phone line OPEN he was soo wasted. So HOW would i go “get him” if i lived in Canada lol. I also told him several times he needed help. He informed me he had a “mother” and did not need another one. He also informed me he was friends with all the cops there so no worries. So you are wrong, was never a “bed sharing of his”. POINT is he was a drunk for YEARS. He continued to drink after this accident and posted “happy pics” on myspace. If he REALLY felt like shit for what he did he would have refused bail and remained in JAIL. His court video clearly shows he was saying all that to make himself feel better. And NO i was not on the phone with him when he killed that man. I spoke to Billy YEARSSS ago, he was a drunk then still is. He is looking pretty RUFF too so is his Lady LOL.
    HE don’t even LIKE blondes, that’s the funny thing. He is only with her to score points with the law, to make himself LOOK GOOD. He even admitted to me he does not remember much after the “accident” or how mean he was.
    Ya righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt as he fucked 1/2 of Florida at his shop.
    THINK about it, that truck was over 7000 pounds he would not even have felt the implact of the man he hit. HOW then did he end up totally the truck and hitting poles etc.
    Makes you WONDER doesn’t it?????????????
    VERY FISHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

3. 3 bella Dec 20th, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I find if funny the chick that was WITH him in the truck sued him lol. Maybe if she had some fucking BRAINS she would KNOW not to get in a car with a wasted person. YES wasted, Billy never just had a “couple” he was always wasted ask anyone include his “buddies”. BIG difference in a couple drinks and drive while being WASTED ALL THE TIME. WHY do you think he had his license taken away! TRUTH is i bet he could not even see straight and was too busy getting a blow job then to keep his eyes on the road. He even told me that he can get ANYONE that when he walks into a room “people notice” that he “gets what he wants” His attitude was a HUGE turn off, hence why i never fucked him BIG. I also don’t agree with his so called disease. He drank cause he fucking liked to party END OF STORY.

4. 4 Chad Coleman Dec 24th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

I met Billy a few years ago @ the Easyriders show in Dallas. He actually stopped signing autographs and showed me something on his bike that I had a question about. I’ve never met a celebrity with as much class as him. I spent 4 years in prison soon afterwards and his book “Chop Fiction” was one of the more inspirational books that I read. I feel for him but I also know that he will make the most of this. I know that sounds cliche, but we share the heart of an underdog and this is the ultimate underdog story. By the way BELLA, have you ever made a mistake? Did you pay for it ? Well, Billy is paying for his just like you are paying for yours, I suggest you learn how to forgive. Not for Billy but for you. Who are you to judge ? Anyway, much love to my brother Billy Lane.

5. 5 bella Dec 25th, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Chad
    NO i actually don’t make STUPID mistakes.
    He CHOSE to drive DRUNK ALL THE TIME. YOU all make it like it was a once time shot.
    LOL

6. 6 Chad Coleman Dec 30th, 2009 at 12:47 am

Hey Bella,
    You are right. I, for some reason, want to take up for Billy because I guess I really relate to him. Hopefully we can channel some of this this energy spent here on stopping the real problem of drinking and driving. Thank you for the insight.

7. 7 bella Dec 30th, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I channel my energy many ways Chad lol. As for drinking & driving pffffffff. For one its everyone’s OWN responsibility NOT TO DO SO. I myself do NOT drink or drink & drive. Billy is not child, he is a grown 40 year old! His lack of respect just floors me as does all his little supporters.
    Just cause you met him don’t mean you KNOW HIM. Of COURSE he is nice to the guys, YOU ARE PAYING HIM FOR PARTS.
    Happy New Year Billy
    LOL

8. 8 Larry R. Dec 30th, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Yes, Billy really did mess up. He confessed to his guilt. So much for being upstanding and honest. Maybe we all can learn from his standup approach….Not.

9. 9 Jeff Nicklus Dec 30th, 2009 at 2:46 pm

What do you say we all leave Billy alone? He has been convicted and is doing his time which is what the law calls for.

Over & Out,

Jeff

10. 10 bella Dec 30th, 2009 at 8:15 pm

yep deff OVER & out a long time ago :)

11. 11 squid1 May 5th, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Im a bike builder and have been in the industry for 27 years. Yeah Billy did build cool bikes, much more interesting than WCC, but in my opinion what he did is 2nd degree murder. he got off easy with 6 years

12. 12 Filthy Phil Dec 26th, 2011 at 8:28 pm

This is a true story, I knew a friend of mine who’s Father got drunk and ran a red light in Santa Ana California, and killed a motorcycle cop, and he got a 3 year sentence, and got out in about 18 months.

13. 13 Humberto Monte Jan 23rd, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I feel sorry for him, but do not driven when you drink
    He has to pay the price, I think 6 year for kill any body
    is not the bad.
    I love Billy Lane bikes working and he is a very
    talent young man. I feel bad for the family of Gerald Morelock.
    He also was a bike rider.
    We have to pay for the mistake we made here
    or in other life.
    Peace
    Monte

1. 1 Billy Lane To Start A Custom Motorcycle Project While Still Behind Bars at Cyril Huze Post – Custom Motorcycle News Pingback on Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:56 pm

x