Lorenzo Lamas And Eddie Trotta New Team Of Lorenzo Cycles

LamastrottalorenzolamascyrilhuzeblogAs I reported on August 11, the decision was made during the first days of Sturgis. Lorenzo Lamas decided to replace Ralph Randolph (who produced only the first 2 bikes, an FXR & a Board Tracker) with Eddie Trotta to build the new limited edition of custom bikes as well as designing a line of parts. The new Lorenzo Cycles brand intends to be (Lorenzo words) “synonymous with the next great American Motorcycle and the spirit of freedom and expression that goes along with it”.

Eddie’s spent a lot of time recently riding and talking with Lorenzo. Eddie will take what he’s learned about Lorenzo and start from scratch to build Lorenzo’s signature line to be consistent with his style. They will unveil their official Bagger and Bobber in Daytona during Biketoberfest and roll out other signature models throughout the winter and into Spring 2010. As before, each design will be limited to 10 pieces. Eddie will modify each of those 10 pieces (stretch frame, tank, etc.) to fit the rider. Lorenzo Lamas Cycles On Facebook.

Barnett Harley-Davidson

41 Responses to “Lorenzo Lamas And Eddie Trotta New Team Of Lorenzo Cycles”

1. 1 Boss Hawg Aug 15th, 2009 at 11:07 am

Yippie Yi Yea

2. 2 Kirk Perry Aug 15th, 2009 at 11:36 am

Stop.

“The chopper is dead” – J.J.

imo, Build for the “new forming” market – don’t continue with the the tired “stretch” look.

You’d best start looking back in history for parts designs to combine with the “forced EPA compliant” motor you’ve got there.
    (It has one of those head to head (right side) connector-block intake manifold do-dad’s doesn’t it?).

3. 3 Conrad Nicklus Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:25 pm

This guy is acting like a want to be bike building whore….ET what the fuck are you thinking man? Use the name, what is there of it, make some money off him and drop him before he does it to you.

4. 4 Bradley K Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:35 pm

A little surprised myself. Will watch this partnership.
    Bradley K

5. 5 Fluke Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I can see some relatively unknown up and coming new builder wanting to use the name of Lorezo Lamas to get media attention and help sell bikes. But since I reckon that a Eddie Trotta bike would be cheaper (Mr Lamas isn’t in this for fun, he wants to make money) , ET is better known in the bike world, have more street credibility and history tells us would also have a much better resell value than a Lamas bike , why not just get Eddie Trotta to build an Eddie Trotta bike instead?

All I can see is Eddie’s good name being diluted by association with a celeb wannabee bike builder.

“It is illogical, Captain”

6. 6 Brandon Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:57 pm

I give the benefit of the doubt. But…Lorenzo has a name and needs a builder because he is not one. Eddie Trotta needs a big client who can order many bikes to help him keep his guys busy and pay his bills. Times are difficult for all builders. Can it work? Who can buy these Lorenzo Cycles bikes? Probably not a true biker. A white collar weekend warrior? Maybe. I admit, 10 semi-custom bikes of each model is a reasonable objective even in this economy.

7. 7 Boss Hawg Aug 15th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Like I said….Yippie Yi Yea.

8. 8 J Aug 15th, 2009 at 6:27 pm

More compatible hair care products…..

9. 9 nicker Aug 15th, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Lorenzo Who…….???

Oh ya….. that must be Lorenzo of the “never-heard-a-ya” Lamas.

-nicker-

10. 10 Scott Aug 16th, 2009 at 6:23 am

Now all Lorenzo has to do is get hammerd and fall off stage.

11. 11 Rodent Aug 16th, 2009 at 7:03 am

Harley, watch out!

12. 12 mbofill Aug 16th, 2009 at 7:31 am

lorenzo just go back to making movies for if you build bikes like you act we are all in trouble!!!

13. 13 Kirk Perry Aug 16th, 2009 at 8:26 am

‘Now all Lorenzo has to do is get hammered and fall off stage.” :)

The winner!

14. 14 Sheridan Aug 16th, 2009 at 8:27 am

You described it best Conrad. What a joke…

15. 15 John E Adams Aug 16th, 2009 at 10:32 am

Don’t underestimate Eddie’s integrity and skills in business and as one of the finest builders around -;0)

All the best my friend!!

John

16. 16 jspfc Aug 16th, 2009 at 10:37 am

I am not sure this makes sense but Eddie has a lot of overhead to support. Hopefully his deal is guaranteed regardless of many Lorenzo sells.

Has anyone seen the target prices? If Eddie puts his name on it I am sure it won’t be inexpensive so I wonder how these will compete against Thunder’s bikes they are currently trying to unload.

I said it on the other articles, celebrities and bike builders do not mix in business ventures. Someone has to take a back seat and that isnt going to happen.

17. 17 Frito Bandido Aug 16th, 2009 at 11:04 am

Nobodi buy Lorenzo bik……………he big idiot……..Eddie guud biznez man……take lorenzos pesos!!!

Lon liv Jesse James!!!!

Frito Bandito!!!

18. 18 Vette Aug 16th, 2009 at 11:26 am

Congrats, Eddie!!

Looking forward to seeing the new line and it doing well for you.

We will catch up with you in Daytona,

Vette & Kenisha
    BikeDesignz.com

19. 19 Shifter Aug 16th, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Watch for the clash of egos. It’s coming sooner than you think. Only Justin Timberlake may buy one. Even Brad Pitt would not want to be seen on a Lamas bike. As Jeff Niclus wrote. Eddie Trotta, what are you thinking? Each its own business.

20. 20 Jenna Aug 16th, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Lorenzo Lamas should talk to Branscombe Richmond, his partner in Renegade, who also failed in the bike biz. Lorenzo should ask ET to build him a bike, then go for a long ride.

21. 21 Conrad Nicklus Aug 16th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I guess I wish them the best of luck, but my eyes on this is if Lorenzo can drop the last guy after building only one bike, what happens to Eddie once he builds two bikes?? Who will the next victim be???? I think OCC is next lol

22. 22 jatinder pal Aug 17th, 2009 at 6:30 am

Eddie will be busy for couple of months with the bike orders….eddie the beneficiary party of two.

23. 23 Thomas Aug 17th, 2009 at 7:30 am

Lorenzo Lamas buiding good old American bikes? Shouldn’t he be building Mexican bikes?

24. 24 Geno Aug 17th, 2009 at 8:22 am

wow what a bummer month
    Rossmeyer checks out
    Billy gets put away
    and now this-

25. 25 Biker Lady Aug 17th, 2009 at 8:26 am

What ever happenned to “every many to his trade” and “the jack of all trades is the master of none”.

I think good bike builders make the industry proud – I think grabbing on to a celebrity endorsement just for the bucks (what else could it possibly be) cheapens it.

26. 26 Greg Hoeve Aug 17th, 2009 at 9:36 am

So in this new Luv fest I ask you, (phrase removed because offensive) I guess LL will get another free bike, so maybe it’s Eddie? I hope not, but he signed up for it, so……..

27. 27 Sharpo Aug 17th, 2009 at 11:00 am

Wow, never thought I would see it. Nothing like ruining your integrity to make a buck. Lorenzo who? I mean, if you were going to sell out, at least you could sell out to someone like Pauly Shore or Danny Bonoduchie.

I will never look at Eddie Trotta the same way again. Let alone go into Thunder Cycles. Good Luck, My Thunder Bike just went up for sale.

28. 28 just curious Aug 17th, 2009 at 11:19 am

Wow jelousy rears its ugly head again. Sure are a lot of know it alls on here. Wonder why it is if you guys know so much you don’t have anything big happening? The last thing this industry needs is guys like you all bashing one of the biggest names in this industry for doing business. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Get a life and stop bashing those that are doing something and try and keep up. If you can’t run with the leaders then stay out of the way and watch as they lead. We have all seen Eddie Trotta’s work, he is damn good at what he does. If Eddie see’s a good deal who are we to say any different? It really boils down to this. THOSE THAT CAN DO, WILL DO AND THOSE THAT CAN’T DO, WILL WHINE ABOUT THOSE THAT ARE DOING IT.

29. 29 Thomas Aug 17th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Hey “Just Curious”….maybe your real name is “Just Bi-curious”. Or maybe your real name is Lorenzo Lamas…huh? Come on Lorenzo, I know it’s you. Fess up…fruitcake….

30. 30 Thomas Aug 17th, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Yeah Lorenzo, I knew it was you.
    The only person that would stand up for you……is, well is YOU.

31. 31 Jeff Nicklus Aug 18th, 2009 at 10:08 am

Eddie ……

Good for you buddy …… a customer is a customer is a customer ….. just don’t forget to get the $$$$ up front and don’t invest in any “future” inventory Lomas may ask for without having those $$$ in your hand as well. It seems the $$$$ always separate those that can from those that blow bullshit … as you well know.

Over & Out,

Jeff

32. 32 Sugar Bear Aug 19th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Hey …….. you might wanna try Sugar Bear Springers :-), can’t beat’em for handling

33. 33 Conrad Nicklus Aug 20th, 2009 at 12:19 am

Just Curious, aka Lamas aka flake fruitcake.

Ok buddy, so you say ;

…….”THOSE THAT CAN DO, WILL DO AND THOSE THAT CAN’T DO, WILL WHINE ABOUT THOSE THAT ARE DOING IT.”……..

Now lets talk about this, “holmes”.Trust me, Lamas ( you) could only dream of producing the numbers we at Desperado and Jeff Nicklus Customs do, only DREAM of. I am not one whining on here, but I am one saying I think Eddie is a fool for doing this. This will cause his biokes value to drop, whatever he is selling right now anyways. Eddie is a great guy and a friend of my fathers and family so I will not trash him, BUT I will trash the decision to go into business with “you???” Lorenzo Lamas. I hope he gets 100% of the fudns upfront AND does not wait to scratch it off on the back side as a loss, people end up missing over that kind of stuff.
    So, with that said, I guess now it is time to show the real truth of name here and back up and leave the industry. We dont need anymore want to be bike builders because we have some cash in the bank and a little name from the 70′s to follow us. We have all forgot about those days and moved on to Sandra Bullock, Jesse James, McGiver, etc.

Conrad

34. 34 greg Aug 20th, 2009 at 9:43 am

HERE WE GO AGAIN! ACTORS WITH NO TALENT, BROKE,NOW JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON
    WHO CAN AFFORD A THUNDERCYCLE ANYWAY! NOW YOU GOT TO PAY THE BILLS FOR TWO EGO’S. NOT MY PROBLEM YOU HAVE A TAJ-MAHAL SHOP. RALPH IS A GOOD GUY TALENTED AND MAYBE ONCE IN A WHILE US SMALL GUYS NEED A BREAK TOO!

35. 35 bigalyts Aug 20th, 2009 at 11:17 am

Don’t any of you BLOGGER “Bleacher” Biker builders and Industry Wannabes worry About Eddie Trotta ! I am reading the comments from most of you Morons telling Eddie, “get the money up front and watch the Inventory”! Eddie Trotta will give You All Half Dollars for whole Dollars ! Worry about How you Doods are going to make a Clean $100 G’s in the next month !

36. 36 bigalyts Aug 20th, 2009 at 11:22 am

Eddie I forgot Congradulations! No matter who you are SALESMEN we are First !

37. 37 jspfc Aug 20th, 2009 at 6:07 pm

I dont know why people on here are saying that we who say this will fail are haters, or morons or jealous. Those who dont know history are doomed to repeat it.

Can someone please tell me anytime in the near past that a collaboration like this succeeded? The most recent I can think of is what’s his name from Miami Ink. That was really successful.

How about Steven Tyler? His business is doing well. I’m sure there are others who have tried this and failed miserably. This is very similar to when you see a restaurant go out of business and then a different restaurant opens in the same exact space. Very rarely does it succeed.

38. 38 Chad Greulach Aug 21st, 2009 at 10:35 am

On behalf of Lorenzo Cycles…

In 2002, I produced/packaged “American Chopper” for Discovery Channel as an East Coast answer to what Jesse was doing on the west coast. I’ve kept my foot in the industry and developed my relationships since. After 6 months with Gene Simmons, producing the first season of his series on A&E, it was only a matter of time til the pieces lined up.

Lorenzo Lamas has been a “garage builder” (like many of you) and putting miles on bikes for 30 years. With a genuine love for the ride and craftsmanship of custom motorcycles, Lorenzo and I committed early this year to learning from the failures of those before us and to committing our time and resources to introducing something new and exciting to an industry that’s flat at best. We both knew that, though Lorenzo knows and loves bikes, he obviously wasn’t going to be the one shaping the metal!

I’d worked with Ralph Randolph for more than 5 years, as a friend, to help him build his brand. 7 years after launching OCC, I put Lorenzo and Ralph together.

We’ve been fortunate to have the support of individuals and companies who believe in the vision of Lorenzo Cycles. We’re committed to building our company right. After 4 months of build time, our bikes not being on the ground in Sturgis was unacceptable and inconsistent with our brand image and goals. Our decision to replace Ralph Randolph with Eddie Trotta was in no way a statement against Ralph or his bikes. For the team at Lorenzo Cycles, it was just a matter of taking care of business.

We understand that those in our community who don’t know Lorenzo or understand his genuine passion for riding might see Lorenzo Cycles as another “rock star” attempt, but I’m here to tell you, that’s not what we’ve got on the forecast.

Over the next months and years, we’ll introduce new bikes, parts, products, rides and a community that will take riders back to the fundamental core and spirit of custom motorcycles and a real sense of freedom and expression.

Lorenzo, as you’ll see over time, is the real deal. We all understand the skepticism by some of you, based on other “celebrity efforts”, and know that it’s our challenge to prove ourselves to those who might cast doubt. Some we’ll win over. Others we wont. We’ll start by having our first Eddie Trotta bikes on the ground in Daytona and continue by riding 1000′s of with our friends for charity throughout 2010 and always introducing unique products to market.

Thanks to our early supporters (Rod Woodruff, John Paul DeJoria, John Detrick, Brenda Fox, Marjoe Gortner, Oakley, Ariat, etc.) and to those of you who still don’t get it…stay tuned.

It’ll all make sense to you in about a year.

Chad

39. 39 Derrel Whitemyer Aug 28th, 2009 at 6:11 pm

I interviewed Lorenzo around 2002 for an article I wrote for ROAD RUNNER Magazine, actually (2) articles. He was a great guy, that built a couple of choppers when he was younger, and had time for a freelance writer that was nervous. I found him to be the opposite of a snob… Later I was able to talk with some people (one was an instructor for Reg Pridmore) that have ridden with him and they tell me he is a skilled rider. Skilled rider, decent guy, has a desire to build choppers that can be ‘actually’ ridden through the twisties aka Indian Larry…Hey, sounds like the perfect person to be building bikes!

40. 40 Gaz Hayes Sep 8th, 2009 at 6:15 pm

Lorenzo Lamas was awesome in Renegade, What a cool tv show that was. Eddie Trodda? Thats the guy off biker build off that acts like ozzy osborne…Thick…drugged up..and off his head on sumats. His bikes are okay though I thought…He,s no Billy Lane though is he? GO Lorenzo, GOOD LUCK dude, O’h and a come back episode of Renegade would be totally cool.

gaz

41. 41 Steve Lewis Nov 2nd, 2009 at 8:42 am

I’ve known both Lorenzo, and Eddie for years. It’s going to be a joy to watch them work together, and create some incredible bikes. I can’t wait to see how things go. Good Luck L & E, We need to sit and catch up on things.
    Steve